• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any gay or gay friendly shooters in or around Charlotte?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
I could go on and on about how F-ed up the laws (and the LEAs, and even some of the supposedly Pro-2A orgs) are in MD, but I see that "Gray Peterson" has entered this thread, and since he's one of the many unofficial "watchdogs" on this forum for the "MD Gun Rights Organization That Shall Not Be Named", I'll stop talking about MD, lest I am reported to the "higher powers", and the evil Valkyries of Censorship swoop down upon this thread and begin ripping entier post out of it to toss down the "memory hole"...

Enough with the martyr complex crap, Dreamer. The rules of OCDO are clear: You are not allowed to bash ANY gun rights organization except for an anti-open carry positions under rule #12. PERIOD. If you did the same thing to GRNC, VCDL, or any other organization, you would be similarly stopped. It just so happened that you were attacking MSI when I dropped the hammer on you. I am doing a job.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
FYI to everyone:

A) The subject of bringing up Maryland issues in North Carolina is off-topic.

B) "You shouldn't be going around", Rule #2: (2) RIGHT TO EDIT AND DELETE POSTS: We reserve the right to edit or remove posts for any reason, at any time, at our sole discretion. Again, off-topic. This isn't up for debate or discussion. If you have a problem, you can PM Administrator or report the post using "!" button.

C) Stick to the original topic. Further discussions of other groups, moderation-style, or whatever, is off-topic, and will be moderated from view.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Open disagreement on this forum replete with name calling benefits no one. Open, angry warfare style arguments will not be tolerated on line - this includes PMs.

There are those that would introduce nazi reference in every post. Others seize every opportunity to exploit mention of of particular state as an opportunity to rant. Both grow wearisome and are not conducive to reasoned discourse. OCDO is not a soap box to be turned over to whomever rants the loudest and longest.

I have seen user/posters that had a lot of great qualities get caught up in the "me/my opinion syndrome" and lose privileges because they couldn't or didn't want to abide by decisions. I do not want to see that happen again. It doesn't have to be.

If a moderator's decision is deemed for whatever reason to be wrong or unfair, there is a way to report that.

The open/on-line challenge stops here.

BTW - I do not enjoy this aspect of what I do at all, but I also do not like to be put in this position. We have a common goal here that should surpass our personal agenda.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.