• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any Group Activities in Tri-Cities?

CaptainAttila

imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
Let's get a meeting put together in the Tri-Cities. I'm going to call it for this Saturday, the 27th, at Chico's Tacos in Kennewick at noon. Anybody else up?
Just put it in my calendar. See you there!

Soekris5501

imported post

Hello,

I am new to these forums but have been lurking for quite a few months.
Im 23 and live in the Tri-Cities and was hoping there would be a meeting in the near future. Im glad to see one has been scheduled!

I have had my CPL for about 9 months, but I am *very* new to any type of carry. So new that the only type of carrying I have done is in a case, to and from Hole in the wall. :p

I have always belived in the second ammendment and feel lucky to live in one of the few countries that allow us to exersize that right. I just have not felt comfortable enough (and felt quite alone) to carry yet. I have read through the 9.41 RCWs multiple times but wanted to attend a few classes and meet some people before "diving" in so to speak.

It is a shame, but almost all the counter employees I spoke to at the local stores that sell Firearms (Sportsmans, Richland's ACE, Griggs etc) give me the cold shoulder and dont like answering any questions or general inquires. I assume it has to do with my age primarily (even though I try to look clean cut and act polite).

They are not at all forth coming. Due to the fact that a large portion of the "general population" (including myself a number of years ago) have a misunderstanding of firearms and their regulations, I would assume that they would *want* to be as forthcoming as possible to educate their consumers.

I would certainly like to attend this Saturday's meeting (that is if you guy's dont mind a newbie!). Sitting down with some like-minded memebers of the community to discuss the various aspects of carrying and how to handle the responsibility is something I have wanted to do for a while. Although if you think it would be best for me to wait unil August's OC meeting at the park, let me know.

Keep in mind there is no guarentee I can even attend this weekend's meeting as I didnt see the date until just yesterday. I already have a 10:00 and 1:15 appointment in Richland. So if I did come by it would only be for 45-60 minutes. But if you want an extra member, I will try to finish my 10:00 as early as possble and head over.

Guns_N_Fire

imported post

Hi there n welcome...you mise well show up if you have the time..Even if it is a short time..Getting aquainted with the members is the best way to do it. I mainly CC but looking at doing more oc ing.

Dave The Welder

imported post

Welcome aboard! Absolutely stop on by, we'd love to meet you. We'll get you squared away with any questions you have. I'll be the one OCing on the '82 Yamaha 750. See you all there.

Dave

Soekris5501

imported post

Yep it alot was fun. I enjoyed the discussions and look forward to the next meeting. :)

TriCityOC

imported post

Well, the "this month" in your post has just about gone; but, asa new member I would love to try and plan a get together next month. Say the 3rd week in August? I'm off the 18th, 21st, 22nd and 23rd.

cbpeck

imported post

I can't believe I missed the Tri-CitiesOC lunch at Chicos a while back! I, too, am relatively new to the area, having only lived here a year, and have since begun OCing.

I definitely want to catch the next Tri-Cities OC outing. In fact, can we start planning another one now?

Caleb