• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ar15

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
PTR-91s, HK-91 clones. That was my wife and I and our dog. Despite a great deal of opposition and admonition on the part of several folks here, and with the support of others, we carried rifles. A few others did as well, two I can recall right off. Clearly the issue needs to be taken up elsewhere, as officially it is unwelcome here.

''you did see a couple with long arms. Ad it would be 'in a manner, at a time and place' that it would be expected.''

I'm surprised to see you post that now, after the fact, gogodawgs. You've been one of the more vocal opponents, yet now you say it was in a time and place it would be expected. We'll discuss it more next weekend.

nope never been personally opposed. The forum has asked us not to and I have chosen to respect that request by john and mike. Come speak with me at the show if you want my personal opinion or pm me.

kwikrnu

Banned
Thank for the input but, I dont care what you think I simply had a question. I never said that i was going to do it, and make the guys who are scared to look bad look bad so relax and enjoy im just trying to learn what i can and cant do!!!!!!!!!!!

In the words of a great american, GI JOE, "Now you know and knowing is half the battle."

jgross85

No, it was in the "Forum Rules" forum. Now it is also above the forums, and it is easier to locate. It was available before in an appropriately named forum section.

ok thank you i got it your right but you might want to read the first page where admin put a post

G20-IWB24/7

Thank for the input but, I dont care what you think I simply had a question. I never said that i was going to do it, and make the guys who are scared to look bad look bad so relax and enjoy im just trying to learn what i can and cant do!!!!!!!!!!!

Well noted, so you think the best way to get your questions answered is to go on the offensive with the very people who would be the best sources of information to answer your said question??? Good call.

k.rollin

A folding stock would help some.

saigadeagle.jpg

Seeing as how the original question regarded the carrying of an AR-15, I figured it would be worthwhile to note that the design of the AR pattern rifle doesn't allow for a folding stock. Also, I think the OP's rifle has a fixed stock, though I may be wrong; I am posting from my iPod.

kwikrnu

Banned
Seeing as how the original question regarded the carrying of an AR-15, I figured it would be worthwhile to note that the design of the AR pattern rifle doesn't allow for a folding stock. Also, I think the OP's rifle has a fixed stock, though I may be wrong; I am posting from my iPod.

I was more refering to post #26.

sudden valley gunner

I believe I saw more than a few photos of people at the 2A march in Olympia OC'ing what looked like FN/FAL's. No magazine inserted.

Yes you did and all hell did not break loose and noone was arrested.

I do agree that this cite though should remain focused on the normalizing of open carry of sidearms.

Status
Not open for further replies.