• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Argue with the cop

Hombre

Banned
imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
JeffSayers wrote:
Thinking out loud:

Maybe a thread titled "A cops viewpoint" would incite productive conversations?!?! Maybe such a valuabe resource would even make it's way to a "sticky" topic?
not a bad thought.
How about "A viewpoint from a cop who says what he wants and isn't afraid to admit when he's wrong" topic.

mikestilly

imported post

eastmeyers wrote:
Or "One LEOS viewpoint" just so it really inplys it is just HIS opinion not all police.

what would be more accurate would ve "one possible LEOs viewpoint." considering posting historys only god knows whats true and fake. Please no stickies.

Hombre

Banned
imported post

eastmeyers wrote:
Don't mean any disrespect but if we sticky anything he should have a FTF with our president to show credentials.
No problemo. My only requirement would be that I be given the names, addresses, dates of birth for everybody who wants to verify my credentials. That way we're all playing on an even playing field. Fair enough?

edit: my privacy means as much to me as yours does to you is my point. Not trying to be a jerk.

eastmeyers

imported post

Okay I am NOT trying to be a jerk! I was simply suggesting something practical. Period. How can we make a sticky that says youmay to discuss topics with a police officer, if we don't even know is a police officer.

Second I didn't say I wanted your SSN, Address, or anything like that, just your credentials. Period.

And if you think that anything is fair? If you pull someone over you get to see their DL#, their address, their criminal history, and half their life story, and what do they get from you? Your last name and badge #?

WTF, please pull the stick out of your rear end, and don't be a dick to me. I have NOT been a dick to you!

And on a side note, this may be fun for you, but for a lot of us here, onthis forum is about standing up for OUR rights! All AMERICANS! As for my address and name and everything else, I will show you in a FTF if you would like, this way its personal and not intrusive.

Don't be a jerk, I put my life on the line at work too, make less, and have served my country, so just keep that in mind.

God Bless and Semper Fi(that means always faithful in jarhead).

ghostrider

imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
eastmeyers wrote:
Don't mean any disrespect but if we sticky anything he should have a FTF with our president to show credentials.
No problemo. My only requirement would be that I be given the names, addresses, dates of birth for everybody who wants to verify my credentials. That way we're all playing on an even playing field. Fair enough?

edit: my privacy means as much to me as yours does to you is my point. Not trying to be a jerk.
Or, just attend a MOC sanctioned event and get acquainted.

Speaking of level playing field, it's customary to include one's location in the user profile.

Hombre

Banned
imported post

I'm having trouble with Youtube right now. So I'll watch it and get back to you. The parts I remember though seemed like a normal "investigatory stop". Again, though I only listened to bits here and there and for some reason I can't seem to bring the links up on Youtube right now. Don't know what that's about.

I'll watch at some point and get back to you.

Hombre

Banned
imported post

I would say those things are unfortunate. However, I cannot get Youtube to work and it's really ticking me off. I even tried to cut/paste the link into my browser. It took me a while to look at them before too. ??????????

Hombre

Banned
imported post

T Vance wrote:
Is it normal forofficers to look for ways to charge somebody with a crime, even thoughthe suspect is following the law?

Is it normal for officers to refer to people as "nuts"?

Is it normal for officers to verbally critisize people that stand up for their Constitutional rights?

I still haven't watched the video,but I did read your written synopsis.

1) Yes. It's normal for officers to discuss (or state opinions or perceived opinions) o whether a law has been violated or whether a particular situation rises to a law violation.

2) Yes. Cops call people "nuts" when they're not listening. I've seen a couple do it when people WERE listening. Not cool.

3) Yes. It's normal for police officers to voice their opinions on things to each other and occasionally to citizens too.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

1) Yes. It's normal for officers to discuss (or state opinions or perceived opinions) o whether a law has been violated or whether a particular situation rises to a law violation.

And this is part of our problem. You see, if there has to be such an examination, research, or discussion of whether a law was broken, then there isnt a crime worth prosecuting. All this does is make officers look really bad, it causes the us vs them thing. There is a big difference between fighting crime, and in enforcing the law. This causes more problems than it solves, and the negative results and consequenses are too numerous and complex to properly list here. Wash rinse and repeat, is a direct result of this.

Its sort of like speeding, if you need some fancy schmancy radar gadget to see if a car is speeding, then the car isnt speeding. Also, a chevette and a corvette might be driving the same speed on the same highway next to each other, in the same direction, and only the chevette is actually speeding.

Understanding these things in the proper veiw should be requirements to being an officer.

Hombre

Banned
imported post

Let's say you had an electrical problem at your house. Two electricians are there. Would it be wrong if they discussed what MIGHT be wrong or if they debated/discussed what COULD be wrong?

That's the kind of discussion that usually goes on. I still can't get the youtube video to open. WTF?

I gotta go to bed fellas. I'm hitting the gym at 5am and off to work by 7am. G'nite and I'm glad I haven't been banned.......yet.:)