• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arguing citizen rights in regards to Church carry

protias

If your previous church was a church and school, you would probably been screwed because of the GFSZ anyway. While I'd probably conceal at church, I don't see how a church could be against self defense.

M

McX

For Sale: One used Missouri Synod Lutheran. low mileage, polite, giving. For sale or trade to another Church. Be careful of this one he knows his rights, and the law, and exercises them, but he's a good payer.

protias

For Sale: One used Missouri Synod Lutheran. low mileage, polite, giving. For sale or trade to another Church. Be careful of this one he knows his rights, and the law, and exercises them, but he's a good payer.
You could come to my church, but we also have a school attached. My church doesn't care how much you give as a cheerful giver will give what he can. ;) I did send you a PM on churches in your area, have you looked at them yet?

M

McX

You could come to my church, but we also have a school attached. My church doesn't care how much you give as a cheerful giver will give what he can. ;) I did send you a PM on churches in your area, have you looked at them yet?

yes, and i am scanning the yellow pages too. maybe i'll convert, options abound, hmmm, Church of the Saturday Saints- never heard of that one, page,page,page. I'd go to your Church Protias, but your just too far away!

protias

yes, and i am scanning the yellow pages too. maybe i'll convert, options abound, hmmm, Church of the Saturday Saints- never heard of that one, page,page,page. I'd go to your Church Protias, but your just too far away!
It would be worth the drive my friend. We have members from Sun Prairie even! I could go further into it (this is no the board to have theological discussions), but don't leave the LCMS.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
If you are really serious about finding a church that will be OK with cc, find out from the national headquarters what their stance is. If you already have a list of churches within a radius that is acceptable, go to their national websites for contact info'. It's something all of us who are church goers will have to do eventually if we plan to cc legally while we worship.

M

McX

Update: my government and i met in closed session this a.m. : i discussed the matter of my rights being underhandedly attacked, and the apparent dictatorship established at the Church, and the failure of the Democratic governing bodies in/of the Church to ensure citizen rights. Apparently i am not alone in this matter, and there have been many victims before me. Fortunately my government knew of these issues before mine. My government has approved our entire family leaving the Church, and seeking another Church.

davegran

Update: my government and i met in closed session this a.m. : i discussed the matter of my rights being underhandedly attacked, and the apparent dictatorship established at the Church, and the failure of the Democratic governing bodies in/of the Church to ensure citizen rights. Apparently i am not alone in this matter, and there have been many victims before me. Fortunately my government knew of these issues before mine. My government has approved our entire family leaving the Church, and seeking another Church.
I'm afraid it's not "your government" any more, McX; it's obviously "their government". That church is in trouble; these days you can't afford to lose members on a whim and expect to survive. "No taxation without representation" is a universal principle in a free society.

M

McX

Dave, what i found interesting is that there have been many instances of 'apparent dictatorship', and many have already left the Church, over 10% of the membership in this year alone- from what i have heard. There have been many instances of Civil and Constitutional Rights being attacked and disavowed by the Church Clergy, usually in an underhanded manner. Only a fool fights in a burning house, and a house divided against itself shall not stand- are quotes that come to mind. At least i have the support of my government in this matter.

Teej

[FYI, smite is present tense, smote is past tense. Your wife smites you today, yesterday you smote her.]

Heh. that is where you draw the line? Proper spelling & grammar take a beating here as on any other forum, but misuse of 'smote' gets your dander up? Hehehehe.

No offense, just a little morning chuckle. Gonna be a good day. Go assembly!

Last edited:

davegran

Dave, what i found interesting is that there have been many instances of 'apparent dictatorship', and many have already left the Church, over 10% of the membership in this year alone- from what i have heard. There have been many instances of Civil and Constitutional Rights being attacked and disavowed by the Church Clergy, usually in an underhanded manner. Only a fool fights in a burning house, and a house divided against itself shall not stand- are quotes that come to mind. At least i have the support of my government in this matter.
These so-called "leaders" are supposed to be guided by the will of God as best they can discern it, instead of their own will. Epic Fail! Run away very fast! :arrow:

davegran

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by MKEgal
[FYI, smite is present tense, smote is past tense. Your wife smites you today, yesterday you smote her.]
Heh. that is where you draw the line? Proper spelling & grammar take a beating here as on any other forum, but misuse of 'smote' gets your dander up? Hehehehe.

No offense, just a little morning chuckle. Gonna be a good day. Go assembly!
Don't forget, "She is smiting you right now!" And the every popular, "Gadzooks, I am smitten!" :monkey

protias

I have seen this all too often in our synod. It is a shame they allow such men to be called to the office of Holy Ministry. 1 Timothy 3 clearly lays out the qualifications for pastors.

M

McX

the most disturbing point to me is; my rights are being trampled on in a place that exists because of the US Constitution. And then finding out this has been going on there for a long time no less. the Clergy could have taken the easy route; Separation of Church and State. Instead they focused their efforts on ensuring my rights were defeated.

protias

the most disturbing point to me is; my rights are being trampled on in a place that exists because of the US Constitution. And then finding out this has been going on there for a long time no less. the Clergy could have taken the easy route; Separation of Church and State. Instead they focused their efforts on ensuring my rights were defeated.
Nothing in the Constitution says separation of church and state. Besides, separation of church and state means the state cannot mandate a religion or prohibit the exercise of it.