• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

As the coronation draws closer...

xd45_in_TX

Founder's Club Member
imported post

My bad, I guess I should have checked the source before I posted it. The moderators can delete it if they choose to, I will be more carefull next time.I apologize for posting something with incorrect info in it.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
marshaul wrote:
Obama is going to be exactly like Dubya. Take a look at his appointments and explicit agenda for proof.

Only he's going to give even more money to ethanol scamsters. :uhoh:
He'll be a little sharper than W, a little more hands-on. And I'm sure he'll make good use of all the executive powers Bush and Cheney secured for him. Not good for us, maybe, but good for something.

Exactly.  At this point I almost don't care what he does.  If all the good he accomplishes is setting a standard for all politicians that they need to DO something while in office and DO what they said they would do and be PRO-ACTIVE with it, I'd be more than happy.  The days of, "hey I got elected, now I can go golfing for four years," are over.
I disagree completely. Presidential "initiative" and general "doing things" (other than executing acts of Congress) is what is responsible for increased executive authority, which is a big part of what allowed to Bush to behave the way he did.

Granted, it all depends "what" is "done". The thing is, politicians are self-serving. Bush didn't play golf for four years. In fact he did quite a lot. The problem was all that "doing" benefitted him and not our country.

So what you really want is for Obama to care. I just don't believe he does. If so, why the ethanol lies (for example)?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Nozoki wrote:
It wasn't the pledge, but the national anthem he was listening to. And here's a video of Bush not putting his hand over his heart during the national anthem as well. It doesn't prove that either one is unpatriotic.
I refuse to pledge allegiance to any symbol, and I have never sang the national anthem (I have refused both since I was young enough to understand anything about civic duty).

I'm not even sure what your point is.

xd45_in_TX

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Nozoki,I edited my own post to remove the picture, if you could edit your reply and remove the picture from your reply, that would be great. Again, sorry for the bad post, Thanks