• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Automatic weapons

FE427TP

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
That may be, but with the '94 ban the price skyrocketed and normal people can't afford them. If there are so many auto guns in Washington, how come there are no auto shoots, like happen regularly in Oregon?

there are auto shoots, but not anywhere near as many, the one at Memaloose in Oregon last weekend had probably 50, the figures quoted also include LEA guns and post '86 dealer samples which cant be transferred from an authorized dealer to private citizens. It seems that the further you get away from the Oregon border they rapidly decrease in number. I dont know about the east side.

jchen012

imported post

I'm confused as to how an AR-15 with a collapsible stock has anything to do with a rifle's ability to be fully automatic? Anyhow here in WA, you can have collapsible stock, flash hider, pistol grip, bayonet lug, detachable mags, and supressors.

just_a_car

imported post

jchen012 wrote:
I'm confused as to how an AR-15 with a collapsible stock has anything to do with a rifle's ability to be fully automatic? Anyhow here in WA, you can have collapsible stock, flash hider, pistol grip, bayonet lug, detachable mags, and supressors.
Yup... the guy was bloody ignorant. It burns my britches everytime I hear about someone in some sort of position to be authoritative on a subject (like being at a gun counter and someone asks about guns) that doesn't know crap about said subject and then goes on here-say or, worse, makes it up to sound like they know what they're talking about.

It's this kind of "authoritative misinformation" that is likely hurting us the most out there. Lies that turn into rumors that then become truth in the eyes and hearts of the voting public... even though it's far from the truth. This is part of what we, as OC'ers, combat on a daily basis... the truth is out there... and we're it.

Bear 45/70

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
jchen012 wrote:
Yup... the guy was bloody ignorant. It burns my britches everytime I hear about someone in some sort of position to be authoritative on a subject (like being at a gun counter and someone asks about guns) that doesn't know crap about said subject and then goes on here-say or, worse, makes it up to sound like they know what they're talking about.

It's this kind of "authoritative misinformation" that is likely hurting us the most out there. Lies that turn into rumors that then become truth in the eyes and hearts of the voting public... even though it's far from the truth. This is part of what we, as OC'ers, combat on a daily basis... the truth is out there... and we're it.
They're frickin' salemen. They don't usually know anymore than is necessary to sell whatever they are peddling. If they don't know the facts they just make it up.

Bear 45/70

imported post

FE427TP wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
That may be, but with the '94 ban the price skyrocketed and normal people can't afford them. If there are so many auto guns in Washington, how come there are no auto shoots, like happen regularly in Oregon?

there are auto shoots, but not anywhere near as many, the one at Memaloose in Oregon last weekend had probably 50, the figures quoted also include LEA guns and post '86 dealer samples which cant be transferred from an authorized dealer to private citizens. It seems that the further you get away from the Oregon border they rapidly decrease in number. I dont know about the east side.
I know they have the full auto shoots in Oregon on a fairly regular basis, but the only ones in Washington, I've ever heard of were for political hacks, etc put on by the lobbyist for the FA manufactures. Nothing for the public to attend or participate in.