• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Autopsy: Death of handcuffed man in Ark. a suicide

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Isnt it a major tenet of law enforcement is the last person with the victim is always the first suspect ?

I can only imagine if a suspect and cop were alone in a car and the cop gets shot in the head how the investigation would be conducted differently.

Suspect : "Officers, trust me, he shot himself in the head"

We may disagree on other things but this post is EXACTLY how I feel about this situation.

REALteach4u

This is why outside agencies should never be allowed to have internal affairs investigations. If we go on what's in the article this looks like murder-by-cop.

If we assume that something wasn't properly reported or just missed, like he slipped the cuffs, then the issue becomes moot.

OC for ME

The involved cop(s) are innocent bystanders in this tragic case of suicide, in a cop car, with a malfunctioning video camera, that allegedly should have shown a handcuffed perp shooting himself in his own head with a handgun he either had on himself in the same area as his handcuffed hands, or found a handgun in the cop car that coincidentally happened to be in the vicinity of his handcuffed hands.....truly tragic....poor officer(s), they are the true victims.....:dude: