• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AZ Rep Gabrielle Giffords and 3 staffers shot at event.

KansasMustang

As you were.

The proper term is "pull your head out of your 4th point of contact".

I went through Jump School in 87 and served in Airborne units for several years. The 4th point of contact is a reference to the buttocks, or in other words, your ass. The head has never been referred to as the 5th point of contact, but it has been referred to as the 3rd, as you will soon see.

The official ones, at least since 1987, have always been:

1. Balls of feet
2. Calf
3. Thighs
4. Buttocks
5. Push-up Muscles (or what normal people would call the Lats)

You are correct that the head has never been an official point of contact though. The head has always been a part of the Unofficial, but universally recognized (among Airborne Troopers) list of the reality-based 3 points of contact list which are: Feet, Ass, Head.

There are times, such as in the Dover Death Drop (for those that were a part of that little moment of insanity- come on, I know there's at least ONE other member here that was on that one lol) where it's possible to skip the 2nd unofficial point of contact and land utilizing just the feet and head.

But I digress. Please continue with the discussion at hand.

Carry on. :)

At Ease, I'll be in the area all day.
As to me derailing this thread,Get your ass squared away and attack the original derailer TYVM. and oh BTW get a grip, unless you don't understand what that means, private message me and I'll explain. If you're too embarrased or too ignorant to send me a PM where I can say exactly what's on my mind to you personally. And if you'd mind your own business you won't be minding mine.

Moi,,derail the thread? To 1254 Defender

Last edited:

1245A Defender

well,,,

SIGH,,,,
i mean everybody, i dont need to PM! sorry
pigs trying to learn to dance,
i should just leave them alone,
they will both get muddy.
im going to go take a shower, i feel kind of dirty...

everybody else can stand back and think about the topic of this thread.

rotorhead

At Ease, I'll be in the area all day.
As to me derailing this thread,Get your ass squared away and attack the original derailer TYVM. and oh BTW get a grip, unless you don't understand what that means, private message me and I'll explain. If you're too embarrased or too ignorant to send me a PM where I can say exactly what's on my mind to you personally. And if you'd mind your own business you won't be minding mine.

Moi,,derail the thread? To 1254 Defender

I may be confused, but I'm thinking you meant to address 1245A Defender, but quoted my post in doing so.

Surely no Tanker would attempt to address an Airborne Trooper in such a way, unless of course, you were sitting at the position of Parade Rest :)

1245A Defender

well,,

I may be confused, but I'm thinking you meant to address 1245A Defender, but quoted my post in doing so.

Surely no Tanker would attempt to address an Airborne Trooper in such a way, unless of course, you were sitting at the position of Parade Rest :)

rotorhead
user-online.png

yea you too!!!
ive stood at parade rest before, lots of times, you dont SIT!

a crazy man shot 20 people in Arizona, that is the topic!
dont argue about where your head wont even fit, or what your army called it.

KansasMustang

Son, as a Retired Sergeant Major I go to parade rest ONLY for those that outrank me, and with the exception of officers, they are VERY few and I'm sure one is not you.
As to the getting back to the topic of this thread.
This guy was a total loonie toons and as far as I can digest his actions and word was an Anarchist of the type that is trying to overthrow Europe. And that's all I've got to say about that.

rotorhead

Son, as a Retired Sergeant Major I go to parade rest ONLY for those that outrank me, and with the exception of officers, they are VERY few and I'm sure one is not you.
As to the getting back to the topic of this thread.
This guy was a total loonie toons and as far as I can digest his actions and word was an Anarchist of the type that is trying to overthrow Europe. And that's all I've got to say about that.

lol

I'm not your son.

Look all, my last post was purely in jest using the time-honored tradition of military people poking at each other. Some may have either missed the connection or felt insulted by the tone. Either way, I did not wish to lead the topic that far off lol.

Please, continue on. And for God sakes learn how to have a little fun in life.

Carry on!

Disclaimer: By saying Carry On, I do not wish to imply that I am giving a direct command or otherwise directing other members of this site, no matter their previous rank in service to our nation. It is used in this context as a term of endearment used among former and current military members to denote the respectful passing of time, thereby leaving one time frame in the hopes that people will recognize that I am hopeful to enter the next under the umbrella of complete respect for them.

I also find it rather amusing that some people would fly so far off the handle that a disclaimer such as this would be necessary in the first place. Holy hell folks, we're retired now. relax, go fishing, and enjoy life. You've earned it.

KansasMustang

lol

I'm not your son.

Look all, my last post was purely in jest using the time-honored tradition of military people poking at each other. Some may have either missed the connection or felt insulted by the tone. Either way, I did not wish to lead the topic that far off lol.

Please, continue on. And for God sakes learn how to have a little fun in life.

Carry on!

Disclaimer: By saying Carry On, I do not wish to imply that I am giving a direct command or otherwise directing other members of this site, no matter their previous rank in service to our nation. It is used in this context as a term of endearment used among former and current military members to denote the respectful passing of time, thereby leaving one time frame in the hopes that people will recognize that I am hopeful to enter the next under the umbrella of complete respect for them.

I also find it rather amusing that some people would fly so far off the handle that a disclaimer such as this would be necessary in the first place. Holy hell folks, we're retired now. relax, go fishing, and enjoy life. You've earned it.
I wish I could go fishing and enjoy life, but ya can't live on half of what you couldn't live on before, and it's okay, was hoping you caught my tone also. Just from one NCO to another chappin your hide

rotorhead

lol ain't that the truth- can't live on half of what you couldn't live on before.

Every morning at 4am I wake up to go to my job trying to visualize what it would be like to enjoy a real retirement...

Sooo....some crazy dude kills people while targeting a US representative. As it's turning out, the left-wing idiot shows which started their coordinated effort to bring down right-wing radio, Constitutional gun ownership, and bring back the Fairness Doctrine all in one sweep within hours of the tragedy is beginning to backfire on them.

It seems a pot smoking atheist who never watches the news hardly fits the bill of the manufactured profile of the average right-wing gun owner and yet instead of apologizing to the nation for using the incident to push their agenda, the left wingers simply say we need to look at these issues anyway. Oh, and of course tone down the rhetoric.

Sad.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Well according to the New Yuck Times story I glanced over this morning. (And let me point out I hold the NYTimes about 2 degrees more credible than the Daily Kos and 3 Degrees over infowars) The shooter was a Bush hater, and a 9/11 truther, not exactly the profile of a tea party Limbaugh listener. He pissed and moaned about government control, but then at the same time appreciated the works of marx and hitler. The bottom line is that his insanity transcended any politics, though his idiocy was firmly rooted in leftwing brainwashing.

Last edited: