• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bainbridge police: Suspected home intruder shot by bystander

fire suppressor

All sounds legitimate but Bainbridge being what it is and western Washington being what it is I'm hoping the shooter dose not get int trouble. I grew up on Bainbridge back before the yupies took over completely and go back once and a while, the word gun is like saying the word snow in the winter, people freak!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Oh my! Isn't that against Company Policy (at least most Companies)? Or did you own the Store?

"Nearly 20 years ago...." It was not against policy at that time. I was trained in shoplifting detention and the 5 elements to make an arrest. Authorized to use force, apply handcuffs, etc.... No, I did not own the store, I was 19 and it was with Safeway.

amlevin

"Nearly 20 years ago...." It was not against policy at that time. I was trained in shoplifting detention and the 5 elements to make an arrest. Authorized to use force, apply handcuffs, etc.... No, I did not own the store, I was 19 and it was with Safeway.

I worked part time for a retail company right after I retired. We were explicitly told to "Not challenge Shoplifters" and above all, "Never Leave the Store and follow". It was amazing, as that one Store lost almost $100,000 per year in theft and the policy was "Let it go".

Amazing

Metalhead47

I worked part time for a retail company right after I retired. We were explicitly told to "Not challenge Shoplifters" and above all, "Never Leave the Store and follow". It was amazing, as that one Store lost almost $100,000 per year in theft and the policy was "Let it go".

Amazing

Well yeah, y'know? Someone might get hurt after all! Especially the bad guy! And then they'd sue!! :eek::eek: Better to just give them what they want & hope they go away....

Y'know, like the police are always saying you should handle any BG encounter... since no criminal ever hurt someone after they got what they wanted... just cuz they enjoy it...

amlevin

Well yeah, y'know? Someone might get hurt after all! Especially the bad guy! And then they'd sue!! :eek::eek: Better to just give them what they want & hope they go away....

Y'know, like the police are always saying you should handle any BG encounter... since no criminal ever hurt someone after they got what they wanted... just cuz they enjoy it...

The manager knew what I would do and also knew that I did't need the job. He took me aside one day and said, "whatever you DO end up doing, just don't shoot him".

sudden valley gunner

Amazing

I OC'd while doing some work in an AM/PM for a week, the owners son commented to me about how the amount of beer stolen that week dropped dramatically.:)