• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bar Fight

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

McX wrote:
i can see all your points, and they all are valid. for me; if i get a beer with my burger, then i'd better consider getting a designated carrier. so i guess we go as a group.

That would be a great idea, if in north carolina someone was allowed to be in a place that sells and serves alcohol.

Of course, you need someone you can trust with a gun to protect you... good luck with that :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

tekshogun wrote:
McX wrote:
i can see all your points, and they all are valid. for me; if i get a beer with my burger, then i'd better consider getting a designated carrier. so i guess we go as a group.

That would be a great idea, if in north carolina someone was allowed to be in a place that sells and serves alcohol.

Of course, you need someone you can trust with a gun to protect you... good luck with that :)
Re places that serve alcohol -

I'm in Va, can OC, trust myself, have gun - is 4 gold stars enough? :)

+ Never carry and drink.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

McX wrote:
Grapeshot I swear you are no fun. I wouldst bask in the warmth of your deterrent effect. so you goin or not? You'd probably get to wear mine and yours. Not a bad deal, and defend my life? Nahh, how bout we defend our butts as we beat it for the door if trouble starts. you grip?
No fun? DoubleTap would disagree.....I hope :? and she takes her personal safety seriously.

Given the choice, I will always chose to leave, avoiding the problem. No shame in advancing to the rear.

Come see us - we'll go out to eat.

Yata hey

Steve B

imported post

Virginia is NOT the same way. While it IS legal to OC, it is NOT legal to CC in "any establishment licensed to sell alcohol for consumption on premises" Always check local laws and understand them BEFORE carrying OC or CC

Beau

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Your biggest mistake was posting your personal experiences here, because if you did anything that was even the slightest way not perfect, the know-it-alls and told-you-sos will flame you to death here.

Stupid comments like "How's your jaw feel" and "don't drink in a bar" illustrate the point.

Ha! I don't believe I flamed him in any way.

Also I am actually curious as to how his jaw feels. I wasn't making fun of him for getting hit. The last time I got nailed with a right hook I couldn't open my mouth more than about 1/4 for about a week.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Beau wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Your biggest mistake was posting your personal experiences here, because if you did anything that was even the slightest way not perfect, the know-it-alls and told-you-sos will flame you to death here.

Stupid comments like "How's your jaw feel" and "don't drink in a bar" illustrate the point.

Also I am actually curious as to how his jaw feels. I wasn't making fun of him for getting hit. The last time I got nailed with a right hook I couldn't open my mouth more than about 1/4 for about a week.

Yes, hit in the jaw, by a 7'4ish black guy. :)

How does that jaw feel indeed?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Steve B wrote:
Virginia is NOT the same way. While it IS legal to OC, it is NOT legal to CC in "any establishment licensed to sell alcohol for consumption on premises" Always check local laws and understand them BEFORE carrying OC or CC
Slightly belated welcome to the forum Steve B.

Know the law and know no trouble - generically speaking. :)

Check out local OC meet, greet & eat events in your area.

Maybe meet you at Lobby Day?

Yata hey

Steve B

imported post

thanks for the welcome Grape. Probably won't be there, I am about 6 hours west of you. Hope you have a "big ol' time" though!

simmonsjoe

imported post

tekshogun wrote:
Beau wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

I personally will flame the shit out of you.:celebrate

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
tekshogun wrote:
Beau wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

I personally will flame the @#$% out of you.:celebrate

:lol::lol: