• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bellingham, WA police pay $1,500 to open carrier

killchain

Been incognito and missed all of this.

I hear nothing but bad things about the Bellingham PD. Sorry for your stress, and I'm glad it all turned out good for you SVG.

And donating your proceeds for the cause, that is very respectable. Good on you. :)

sudden valley gunner

Been incognito and missed all of this.

I hear nothing but bad things about the Bellingham PD. Sorry for your stress, and I'm glad it all turned out good for you SVG.

And donating your proceeds for the cause, that is very respectable. Good on you. :)

I wrote the details of what happened in another thread. Bellingham Police definitely have some issues, what this does for me is get a record going, so the next person they blatantly try to violate 4th A rights can go further, hopefully do some cleansing.

normstorm

wow!!! awesome to see the good guys get the better end, you deserve alot more then a publishing!!! you should write a book combining all the crap people have to put up when they are doing nothing but following the law.

I am currently dealing with a Wrongful Denial for a CWP/CPL... :banghead: hopefully someone makes the correction soon... :(

sudden valley gunner

wow!!! awesome to see the good guys get the better end, you deserve alot more then a publishing!!! you should write a book combining all the crap people have to put up when they are doing nothing but following the law.

I am currently dealing with a Wrongful Denial for a CWP/CPL... :banghead: hopefully someone makes the correction soon... :(

Thank you and welcome to the forum. Looks like you'll have to OC for now.

fire suppressor

Congratulations SVG and all involved!!! This is a huge win for us this is the first time sense I've been a member of the forum I've seen a police department admit they were wrong! Keep up the good work everyone we will get our message out one one person at a time

MKEgal

Congrat's!
To add to your list of wins against cities, come over to the WI forum or see www.wisconsincarry.org

Last year they got $10,000 from one city (Racine, WI, for Frank Hannon-Rock) and $7500 from another (Brookfield, WI, for me).

They currently have suits against (IIRC) 2 other cities, plus a federal suit against the State for the "gun free school zone" prohibitions.

sudden valley gunner

Thanks Supressor!

Thanks MKEGal and good work too!

It's a shame the only way for them to learn is civil suits. I am very fortunate to have had OlypenDrew's help on this.