• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Beretta 96

Robocop

imported post

I have both a 96D and a 96FS. Both are great shooters, but I carried the D almost exclusively. It was very accurate, and very reliable. It has about 2500 rounds through it, the only part I replaced was the recoil spring. I wish Beretta would still make it.

Sammy.J

imported post

I ordered new springs on gunbroker.com. It made my 96G and 92G both have a nicer double action pull.

hightecrebel

imported post

Rather late to the game, but since it was zombified by someone else...

I'm not a fan of the M9. That said, I've shot the M9, the 92FS civvy version, and a 96 (think it was 'G' or something like that).

I don't like the M9, but that's most likely just because it's worn completely out. The 92FS my buddy bought has less than 200 rounds through it, and it seems like a 'tighter' gun, and the 96, a police trade-in (carried often, shot seldom) was somewhere in the middle. I miss more often with any of the three Beretta's compared to my High Standard 1911 GI shooting basic USAF Pistol Qual, but I'm sure that's as much from the DA/SA as anything else. I'm just not used to it, so it throws me off.

If I could carry my choice of pistol when I deploy, I'd bring my bargain-basement priced 1911 because I'm comfortable with it, and I trust it implicitly.