• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Best Buy Open Carry in lynchburg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Sample letter:

Having been a loyal customer of Best Buy for many years, I am confused by a policy enforced by Mr. _______ of store #______ located at __________ in apparent violation of the stated Best Buy corporate policy regarding the carry of legal, personal protection firearms in your stores.

My understanding is that Best Buy permits carrying firearms in accordance with the laws of the state where each store is located. Mr. _________ has taken exception to that and has so advised me that he is the ultimate authority and threatened to "ban me for life" were I to return while carrying.

How may this matter be resolved?

I will honor Mr. ______ demand and shop elsewhere pending resolution.

I look forward to your reply.

Respectfully,

CC: Any previous correspondence

[line]IMHO - reference to being an expert shot, USMC, Constitution et al is unnecessary and clouds the issue with emotion and unneeded rhetoric. ymmv

You have a rogue Jr. Mgr. here - get them to straighten him out - nothing more is required.

Yata hey

TFred

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
My only change would be to substitute "I look forward to your reply" with "A response is requested."
I think it is assumed that a response is requested, since a direct question "How may this be resolved?" and the phrase "pending resolution" is used.

The original is cordial, the latter is demanding and assumes the recipient would not respond.

Ha ha, we all have our own writing style, so you have to write it how you want to be heard.

TFred

wylde007

imported post

TFred wrote:
The original is cordial, the latter is demanding and assumes the recipient would not respond.
I would tend to disagree. To me the former is indeed informal and does not imply any sense of urgency. The latter makes the request in explicit terms, leaving no room for misinterpretation.

I prefer to be direct. Sometimes that does get me in trouble, though! :lol:

We are all unique. Just like everybody else. :D

riverrat10k

imported post

ed wrote:
KFALKO wrote:
This is the email I sent, im open for suggestions

Hello, My name Christopher M. Huiner. In (I'm)a 22 year old United States Marine. I have a Concealed Carry (Handgun)Permit, and am a expert marksman. I have been a faithful customer since 2005. I have been open carrying a firearm in the store since Dec. 2008. I have never had a problem with anyone in the store till (until)Feb. 2, 2010. I filed a report the first time to (with) customer service. I was contacted 5 days later by a customer service representative (named?)and was told that corporate did not ban weapons in stores and that as long as I followed state law (According to the Virginia State Constitution, Open Carry is allowed). I carried in the stories (stores)a week after a couple times. The second time, I was confronted happened on Mar. 4, 2010. I gave your email address to several other people who reside in Lynchburg and that shop there quite frequently, so they could testify to the fact that they shop at best buy (Best Buy)and have never had a problem at all. I look forward to your response.
1. Thank you for your service to our country.. Ohh Rah and Semper Fi.

2. If I had received that e-mail, I would just hit the delete key thinking some 10 year old authored it because we kicked him off the demo guitar hero. You should your Capitalization where appropriate and read your own note before you send. Or like I said.. post it here before you sent it.
Sorry, Ed, but I just had to point it out. Too funny. FAIL.:lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

riverrat10k wrote:
ed wrote:
KFALKO wrote:
This is the email I sent, im open for suggestions

Hello, My name Christopher M. Huiner. In (I'm)a 22 year old United States Marine. I have a Concealed Carry (Handgun)Permit, and am a expert marksman. I have been a faithful customer since 2005. I have been open carrying a firearm in the store since Dec. 2008. I have never had a problem with anyone in the store till (until)Feb. 2, 2010. I filed a report the first time to (with) customer service. I was contacted 5 days later by a customer service representative (named?)and was told that corporate did not ban weapons in stores and that as long as I followed state law (According to the Virginia State Constitution, Open Carry is allowed). I carried in the stories (stores)a week after a couple times. The second time, I was confronted happened on Mar. 4, 2010. I gave your email address to several other people who reside in Lynchburg and that shop there quite frequently, so they could testify to the fact that they shop at best buy (Best Buy)and have never had a problem at all. I look forward to your response.
1. Thank you for your service to our country.. Ohh Rah and Semper Fi.

2. If I had received that e-mail, I would just hit the delete key thinking some 10 year old authored it because we kicked him off the demo guitar hero. You should your Capitalization where appropriate and read your own note before you send. Or like I said.. post it here before you sent it.
Sorry, Ed, but I just had to point it out. Too funny. FAIL.:lol:
Dot's fun-nee. :lol: LOL

Yata hey

TFred

imported post

ed wrote:
um.. yeah, I MEANT to do that :):banghead:
Actually, it proves the point that more eyes are better than fewer eyes, and that such suggestions are not meant to imply that anyone in particular is better or worse at writing.

Everyone can use an editor from time to time. As noted, the better each of us come across, the better we all come across.

:)

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

nuc65 wrote:
I wish the newspapers would hire an editor that has knowledge of the American language and grammar...
There is one of my pet peeves.

They even use prepositions to end sentences with. :p

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
nuc65 wrote:
I wish the newspapers would hire an editor that has knowledge of the American language and grammar...
There is one of my pet peeves.

They even use prepositions to end sentences with. :p

Yata hey
You mean you're not supposed to:shock:

kd4hvz

imported post

AbNo wrote:
kd4hvz wrote: No, KD, you're wrong. The glass is at HALF CAPACITY.

I posted to the thread before I realized I missed a whole page of posts. I could not figure out how to delete the post I made so just deleted the text. It was one of those days for me! :banghead:

Riverdance

imported post

Iwas booted from the Best Buy in Colonial Heights about four years ago. Complained to corporate and got aletter back saying they trust their managers to make on the spot decisions. I don't shop there any more.