• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bikers??? How many actual bikers are on here?

ldsgeek

1982 Goldwing

The price was right ($0, sat in a shed for 6.5 years) and I still only have about $1200 into it. I put about 12,000 miles a year on it, sometimes getting paid for it as I can use it for a work vehicle. It still isn't pretty but runs better than any vehicle I have ever had.

roadrider

Our Bike

Yes,it's a bagger, 1979 yamaha xs1100. We ride about 1200 miles a summer. This year we hope to ride more . If summer every gets here:banghead: More snow on the way.
And yes I open carry even on the bike.
heres hoping for a long summer!!

Attachments

• 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 104

sudden valley gunner

The price was right ($0, sat in a shed for 6.5 years) and I still only have about $1200 into it. I put about 12,000 miles a year on it, sometimes getting paid for it as I can use it for a work vehicle. It still isn't pretty but runs better than any vehicle I have ever had.

Lucky I've been looking for one for awhile.

carracer

Idaho rider here. I had two of those Suzuki GT-380's. Great Bikes! I too wish I still had one. Started with 68 Honda Scrambler 90 Then 70 Honda 175 Scrambler. 72 RD 250 Yamaha. Then the 380's. 180 Twin Yamaha. 82 Honda 650 Nighthawk. Honda CB 1000. Oh yeah, and the Honda trail 90's of course!

Current ride is '04 Triumph Speedmaster.

bike.jpg

MarlboroLts5150

Been ridin' since '86. Started on an old Harley Sportster. Since then, 9 bikes to include a custom garage-built chopper. Bought my first "jap" bike in '08, and still my current scoot. 2008 Suzuki Boulevard M109R.....this thing is a BEAST!!!

Attachments

• Recent Phone Pics 077.jpg
    Recent Phone Pics 077.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 96

buzzsaw

Got my first bike around 1960-61 200cc Ducati. I was still in high school so I couldn't drive anything else. Kept it though first semester of college and left it to my brother when I left for service. I rode an assortment while in service and afterward while finishing college. About 1972 I learned about Motocross/Trials/Enduro and changed over to two strokes for a while. Unfortunately kids intervened for an interim but am back on the road with two wheels. Current ride is a 1992 Honda Shadow that looks showroom fresh. Although a trip to the range gets it left in the shed (too many toys to carry) it still takes about 3 days to wipe the smile off my face after a lengthy ride.

Last edited:

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
Started riding in 1982. Currently on a KTM Super Duke, mostly Triumphs before that with an occasional Honda. Its my summer commuter, I don't do snow or below 40 degrees!

Attachments

• KTM.jpg
    KTM.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 99