• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bill allows loaded guns in national parks

ccwinstructor

Centurion
imported post

A CPL license is a Concealed Pistol License. A more common term is CCW Conceale Carry Weapon (permit). Another I have seen is CHL Concealed Handgun License or CHP Concealed Handgun Permit, or PTC, Permit To Carry. The most common of these acronyms seems to be CCW, which is the most general.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

I think some might be confusing national forest with national parks.

National forests such as the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest are open to hunting. Link here >>> http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/cnnf/

State forests and state owned land are also open to hunting in many cases, but be careful becuase state parks and campgrounds are totally off-limits. Sometimes the boundaries can be tough to determine.