• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

bill for nation wide CCW recip

IDAHO COWBOY

eye95

I agree. However, the fix is not another law, especially one that sets the federal government up as the arbiter of what the Right is and how States should respect it.

The fix is to change State laws so that they respect the Right or to use the courts to slap down States who won't correct their laws.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

100% support for your posts on these two bills.

WDC is not to be trusted. What WDC passes today - can and will be changed in the future.

Both bills continue to trample on the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and Second Amendment.

since9

Campaign Veteran
No state should be allowed to regulate away ANY of our Constitutionally guaranteed God-given RIGHTS. ... This legislation is a step in the right direction to strip away the states unconstitutional regulating (restricting) of an enumerated right.

+1.

Many of you worry about how we could keep them from miss using this bill, here is a way, Vote in the good, and Vote out the bad...

One hurdle: Voters who're either incapable of thinking their way out of a paper bag or who have entitlement ("tax the rich (hard workers) and gimme my share!") on the brain. You'll have to cure these societal diseases first before you can reasonably expect them to vote for the good of the nation as a whole. Good luck on curing stupidity, though, as it takes solid education over a period of about three generations.

Of course this means you'll have to replace the entitlement-minded teachers, too...

You see the conundrum?

Help the NRA...

When the NRA turns a blind eye to the mode of carry (OC/CC), I'll be happy to renew my membership, dropped in 1992 because of their grossly overbearing "we need money!" campaigns.

No good people Running get off your Duff, and Run for OFFICE.

Winning takes a LOT of money. Exceedingly few people have either the money or the ability to raise the vast sums required for a win. The only way to reasonably open the field to smart people who're aren't charismatic oboobas is to close the floodgates fueled primarily by big business with hidden agendas.

I am running for State Rep in 2012 for Washington 39th, I will do my best to help bolster the votes for Pro-gun legislation.

Running for Office is not as hard as they make it sound or look. They do that to scare you off so that the losers they want in office are all we have to choose from.

Good for you! And good luck to you in your campaign.

If you are honest from the get go about having issues, such as maybe a past history of drugs or Sex addiction it can stop the critics fast.

I met and and a couple of lengthy conversations with our (Colorado Springs) new mayor, Steve Bach. His campaign leading to the first election cost several hundred thousand dollars. Unfortunately, it was a statistical tie with another candidate, requiring a runoff election a couple months and another couple hundred thousand dollars later.

It is time for Common sense to take office here, and all over the nation...

Bingo! Unfortunately, common sense isn't common.

How different do you think it will be if hundreds of people started running for office on every level no more people would go un checked, and un balanced.

The third thing we'll need to abolish is our two-party system. Without their endorsement and support, far too few independent candidates have been, or will be elected to make a hill of beans difference.

I will openly support certain groups, and openly have disdain for others.

I hold Democrats and Republicans in equal disdain. Both have done some good things for our country since WWII, and both have done some horrid things to our country since WWII. Sadly, the horrid seriously outweighs the good. We've made some technological advances, sure, but as one who grew up in the 1960s, I see little real progress, and a lot of socio-political deterioration, most of which seems to be accelerating in its downward spiral.