• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Billboard considered for Arizona.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

celticredneck wrote:
buster81 wrote:
celticredneck wrote:
Has anyone actually read Arizona's law?
I was able to free up 10 minutes of my time to read it before coming to a conclusion. It's a shame others can't be bothered to do so before throwing down the racism card... again.
There do seem to be some things in there that are open to interpretation. For isstance, what is "reasonable suspicion" To me, just looking Hispanic isn't "reasonable suspicion. It could be a legal immigrant, like Israel and others. I firmly agreed with what I heard in the radio interview, i.e. checking the immigration status of someone being investigated for another crime. Also I agree with following federal laws already in existence.

I've been told by some cop friends that illegals typically have phony driver's licenses, SS cards, insurance cards, etc. Little if any english skills is another indication. Merely "looking hispanic" is certainly not enough since there are plenty of people who look caucasian, or are asian, african, and middle eastern sneaking across the border. Furthermore I personally don't give a ^%$% if the police profile. After the hordes of unwashed, uneducated, unskilled, and unassimilated illegals flee our "oppression", the educated, skilled literate LEGAL hispanic population can finally be free from the corruption and everything else bad about their native countries that they fled in the first place.

I know personally that the immigration process is a grueling and tedious endeavor. You have to know english at the minimum and that's they way it should be. It should NOT be easy to walk into any country, set up shop and undermine it's economy, politics and culture.

ecocks

imported post

To clarify...

There isNO requirement to know English before being allowed to obtain permanent, legal residency in the United States (i.e. obtaining a green card). ThereIS a basic English requirement for pursuing citizenship.

buster81

imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
I know personally that the immigration process is a grueling and tedious endeavor. You have to know English at the minimum and that's they way it should be. It should NOT be easy to walk into any country, set up shop and undermine it's economy, politics and culture.

It is an extensive process that requires several interviews, multiple fingerprint sessions, a physical, dozens of forms and thousands of dollars.It requires a serious commitment, and one who hasgone through it should be proud of their effort.

However, to be honest, the English testisn't very difficult (neither is the civics test really, but that's another story). You have to read/speak and writeone simple sentence in English.If it were up to me, it would be much moredifficult. There is also an exemption from theEnglish test for those thatare 50 (or 55...don't remember the exact numbers)and have been legally in the US for 20 years. I can't imagine someone having lived in the US for 20 years that cannot pass that simple test... oh wait. I suppose I can.

buster81

eye95

imported post

buster81 wrote:
mcdonalk wrote:
I always heard the test was so hard most Americans couldn't pass it. Any idea if this is true?

I assume you are referring to the civics portion. I've put the actual test to a few citizens and most of them failed miserably. I scored 100% in my interview.

Here are a coupleofsample tests with actual questions. See how you do.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13442226/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25461301/
95% and 100%. I didn't know the form number for naturalization.

buster81

imported post

Here are all the quesitons:

1. What are the colors of our flag?
2. How many stars are there in our flag?
3. What color are the stars on our flag?
4. What do the stars on the flag mean?
5. How many stripes are there in the flag?
6. What color are the stripes?
7. What do the stripes on the flag mean?
8. How many states are there in the Union?
9. What is the 4th of July?
10. What is the date of Independence Day?
11. Independence from whom?
12. What country did we fight during the Revolutionary War?
13. Who was the first President of the United States?
14. Who is the President of the United States today?
15. Who is the vice-president of the United States today?
16. Who elects the President of the United States?
17. Who becomes President of the United States if the President should die?
18. For how long do we elect the President?
19. What is the Constitution?
20. Can the Constitution be changed?
21. What do we call a change to the Constitution?
22. How many changes or amendments are there to the Constitution?
23. How many branches are there in our government?
24. What are the three branches of our government?
25. What is the legislative branch of our government?
26. Who makes the laws in the United States?
27. What is the Congress?
28. What are the duties of Congress?
29. Who elects the Congress?
30. How many senators are there in Congress?
31. Can you name the two senators from your state?
32. For how long do we elect each senator?
33. How many representatives are there in Congress?
34. For how long do we elect the representatives?
35. What is the executive branch of our government?
36. What is the judiciary branch of our government?
37. What are the duties of the Supreme Court?
38. What is the supreme court law of the United States?
39. What is the Bill of Rights?
40. What is the capital of your state?
41. Who is the current governor of your state?
42. Who becomes President of the United States if the President and the vice-president should die?
43. Who is the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court?
44. Can you name thirteen original states?
45. Who said, "Give me liberty or give me death."?
46. Which countries were our enemies during World War II?
47. What are the 49th and 50th states of the Union?
48. How many terms can the President serve?
49. Who was Martin Luther King, Jr.?
50. Who is the head of your local government?
51. According to the Constitution, a person must meet certain requirements in order to be eligible to become President. Name one of these requirements.
52. Why are there 100 Senators in the Senate?
53. Who selects the Supreme Court justice?
54. How many Supreme Court justice are there?
55. Why did the Pilgrims come to America?
56. What is the head executive of a state government called?
57. What is the head executive of a city government called?
58. What holiday was celebrated for the first time by the Americans colonists?
59. Who was the main writer of the Declaration of Independence?
60. When was the Declaration of Independence adopted?
61. What is the basic belief of the Declaration of Independence?
62. What is the national anthem of the United States?
63. Who wrote the Star-Spangled Banner?
64. Where does freedom of speech come from?
65. What is a minimum voting age in the United States?
66. Who signs bills into law?
67. What is the highest court in the United States?
68. Who was the President during the Civil War?
69. What did the Emancipation Declaration do?
70. What special group advises the President?
71. Which President is called the "Father of our country"?
72. What Immigration and Naturalization Service form is used to apply to become a naturalized citizen?
73. Who helped the Pilgrims in America?
74. What is the name of the ship that brought the Pilgrims to America?
75. What are the 13 original states of the U.S. called?
76. Name 3 rights of freedom guaranteed by the Bill of Rights.
77. Who has the power to declare the war?
78. What kind of government does the United States have?
79. Which President freed the slaves?
80. In what year was the Constitution written?
81. What are the first 10 amendments to the Constitution called?
82. Name one purpose of the United Nations?
83. Where does Congress meet?
84. Whose rights are guaranteed by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights?
85. What is the introduction to the Constitution called?
86. Name one benefit of being citizen of the United States.
87. What is the most important right granted to U.S. citizens?
88. What is the United States Capitol?
89. What is the White House?
90. Where is the White House located?
91. What is the name of the President's official home?
92. Name the right guaranteed by the first amendment.
93. Who is the Commander in Chief of the U.S. military?
94. Which President was the first Commander in Chief of the U.S. military?
95. In what month do we vote for the President?
96. In what month is the new President inaugurated?
97. How many times may a Senator be re-elected?
98. How many times may a Congressman be re-elected?
99. What are the 2 major political parties in the U.S. today?
100. How many states are there in the United States today?

Dreamer

imported post

Several of these are "trick questions".

I wonder--do they want the REAL answers, or the "textbook" answers?...

13. Who was the first President of the United States?
Technically, it was John Hanson, who was chosen by Congress (including George Washington) soon after the Articles of Confederation were ratified in 1781 (which was when the Nation was created, although it was still under British Rule)

Washington was the first President under the US Constitution, after we won the War for Independence.

16. Who elects the President of the United States?
Technically, the Electoral College. They are under no legal obligation to follow the direction of the Popular Vote of their respective constituencies. Technically, the popular vote has no legal weight, but the Electoral College usually follows the recommendations of the Populace. A few times, however, they have gone a different way...

19. What is the Constitution?
Well, if you believe the last President, George Bush, when discussing the Harriet Meir nomination to SCOTUS, "It's just a goddam piece of paper..."

If you believe Cass Sunstein, it is a "living document" that's meaning changes with each new twist, turn, and development in culture.

If you believe the people who wrote it, much of the constitution (at least the original ratified version, and specifically the Bill of Rights) is immutable, sacrosanct, and describes certain limitations on the Federal Government, and proclaims that certain basic human rights are self-evident and unalienable.

20. Can the Constitution be changed?
Again, it depends on who you believe.

If you believe Bush and Cheney, it can be changed, modified, and in some cases, completely abrogated, to suit the needs of the Executive Branch, without Congressional approval or state ratification.

If you believe the current administration, the Constitution is an annoying speedbump, getting in the way of the complete corporate-fascistic takeover of our nation, and silly little things like the 1A, 2A, 4A, 5A, and 10A are just minor annoyances to be ignored, dismissed, and dissolved to further their agendas...

But if you believe the Founding Fathers, changing the constitution IS possible, although it is a lengthy, complicated, and VERY political process, involving Congressional approval and ratification by a majority of the States.

21. What do we call a change to the Constitution?
It depends on who you believe.

Bush would call it the Patriot Act.

Obama and Sunstein would call it "congitive infiltration".

The Constitution calls it an "Amendment".

23. How many branches are there in our government?
Dick Cheney would say One, because the judicial and Representative are, in his worldview, subserviant and inferior to the Executive.

26. Who makes the laws in the United States?
Well, the REAL answer is the big corporations and central bankers. considering that over 90% of the bills tha tcome before the senate are passed without discussion, reading, or debate, I think such a statement is a pretty fair assessment of how things REALLY work...

But that's probably not the answer they are looking for...

37. What are the duties of the Supreme Court?
Well, for the last 40 years or so, they have essentially been there to modify Statute Law to meet the needs and agendas of the administrations in power through the establishment of case law that often contradicts statutory law when said laws stand in the way of the government, or give "too much power to the people or the states".

46. Which countries were our enemies during World War II?
The REAL enemies of the US in WWII were IBM, Chase Bank, IG Farben, the Rockefeller Foundation, the Ford Motor Company, Thysson, CSSC, UBC, and Brown Brothers Harriman.

Again, probably not the answer they are looking for...

64. Where does freedom of speech come from?
Some would say it comes from their Creator.

Some would say it comes from the power of the 2A in the hands of the people.

Some would say that it is a fundamental human right, and comes from no man, government or deity, but rather from the very state of human existance.
Cass Sunstein, OTOH, would say it comes from the whim of the government, and is something that must be tightly monitored and controlled.

69. What did the Emancipation Declaration do?
It ONLY freed the slaves in the South--a legal impossibility, because it is impossible for the government of one nation to impose laws onto another nation with regards to its own internal operation.

Interestingly enough, it did NOT free slaves in the Union...

70. What special group advises the President?
Goldman Sachs?

71. Which President is called the "Father of our country"?
George Washington, but if you asked "who's you're daddy" that would be Bill Clinton... :lol:

77. Who has the power to declare the war?
Goldman Sachs?
Monsanto?
Exxon?
BP?

78. What kind of government does the United States have?
An Neo-Feudal Fascistic Oligarchy?

82. Name one purpose of the United Nations?
  1. To ensure that Third World nations never rise up in status by enslaving them with debt-based economies imposed through the World Bank and the IMF?
  2. To ensure that First World nations are brought down to the level of Third World Nations through egregious trade restrictions, usurious and unconstitutional taxes and immoral treaties that serve to disarm, disenfranchise, and demoralize the populace?
  3. To massively decrease the world population, through the instituting programs of sterilizing "vaccinations", engineered famines, genocidal wars, and human-created "environmental catastrophies"...

87. What is the most important right granted to U.S. citizens?
The Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

88. What is the United States Capitol?
200 West Street, New York, NY

100. How many states are there in the United States today?
Two: The State of Denial (which is the largest, by far), and the State of Awareness (which is tiny, but quickly growing)

</sarcasm>

eye95

imported post

John Hanson was never President of the United States. He was president of "The United States in Congress assembled" (i.e. the president of the Congress). There is a world of difference between being the head of state and the presiding officer of a legislative body. BTW, the first president of "The United States in Congress assembled" under the Articles was Samuel Huntington. Hanson was the first one elected under the provisions of the Articles.

People try to use the factoid that "John Hanson was the first President of the United States" to look smarter than those around him. When the real facts are known, the effect is just the opposite.

JKelly

imported post

celticredneck wrote:
There do seem to be some things in there that are open to interpretation. For isstance, what is "reasonable suspicion" To me, just looking Hispanic isn't "reasonable suspicion. It could be a legal immigrant, like Israel and others. I firmly agreed with what I heard in the radio interview, i.e. checking the immigration status of someone being investigated for another crime. Also I agree with following federal laws already in existence.

If you agree with federal laws, you should have no problem with this one, since Immigration can stop anyone and inquire as to their status on nothing more than suspicion.

I don't know where you are from, so you may not be aware that ICE runs traffic checkpoints, some of which are over 50 miles from the border.

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

60504.jpg