• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Billy Nathan Lee Convicted of Murder at Church

ebweed01

imported post

:XThis really makes me mad, and itgoes toshowus thatwe really should get a background check on the peoplewe get involved with if possible. It is a shame that the world we live in has came to this in order to try and protect ourselves and our families from " Crazies out there". I have two girls and one is married, I sure wish I would have gotten a BG check on him. The other one has not gotten married get, but I encourage her to get one. I'm sure this woman wouldn't have gave this man the time of day if she hadknew abouthis past, as wouldn'ta lot of us. I am veryglad he got convicted, although we know he's no stranger to prison. He was then and is now anunstable person.I hope he never get out! We all know life doesn't always mean life, but in many cases it should;I hope the is one of those cases. All my prayers goes out to her family. I hope those babies still are able to grow into strong, caring, and happy adults, regardless of whatthe fool they mother tried to befriend done to her........:cry:

Signed,

Against Domestic Abuse!

SlackwareRobert

imported post

It's even worse here. (huntsville, al)
A carjacker put gun to drivers head and shot him, and
the jury believed it was an accident he didn't now it was loaded, and aquitted him.
You pull gun, point at someone and pull trigger, you should fry for it.
I'm wiling to let them go for time off by playing russian rulette with the gun.
Would stop bad guys from using semi's, first one works every time, revolver you have a chance.

One more reason never to shirk jury duty, there are idiots out there.

Joemarie

imported post

That's the thing, Billy doesn't even know what love is. How respectful, you walk in a church, to argue, bring a gun, and to teach a leason. He doesn't have a great passed, and death well Im not God so that's not my judgement. But behind bars where he can not hurt anyone else I agree. Just holding a gun makes you a diffrent person, so when you have it in your hand, the choice needs to be a clear one.

Joemarie

imported post

Dismissed jury until Tomorrow i guess. maybe the Verdict will be in tomorrow.

The minister was on the bench and she stated that it was a childrens play that was taking place at the church and that she did invite him to attend as a family.

That makes this whole story so much more hurtful...Oh my, I dont understand why?, Im acttually crying for those kids...:(Im done for the day. God Bless Ya'll. Joemarie

snowbird01

imported post

Exactly - so several of us are wondering why not the death penalty in this heinous case. We know they explained on Insession this morning - but we missed it. Please someone tell us - what was the explanation given for not even seeking death for this guy.

snowbird01

imported post

God Bless you too JoeMarie. I hate to tell ya this, but the verdict is in - its a rerun on Insession. If they don't continue it tomorrow you can google the result.

AugustusCaesar

imported post

They gave the reasons for not going for the death penalty in this case on Tru-TV today as follows:

A) They would have had to charge kidnapping to get an aggravated murder charge. The jury might not have bought that he was attempting a kidnapping by pushing her towards his truck. The prosecution did not want to take that chance.

B) They would have needed a death qualified jury.

C) In South Carolina a death penalty trial is almost two trials in one.

So, as it stands now with the present charges the minimum sentence is 30 years!

With their evidence the prosecution is confident that they will get a sentence of life without the possibility of parole.