• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Birmingham: Open Carry is brandishing (Sounds like we need to attend another meeting)

stainless1911

Banned
I'll be there, but I may be a little late, I threw out my back last night, and have been moving like an old man all day. Probably get there around 8:30 at the rate I'm going, but I'm going to try for 8:00. Needless to say, I won't be carrying anything heavy. It took me 3 hours just to get out of bed today, think I might see a doctor tomorrow if it doesn't heal up by morning.

I do hope you feel better, I know all about back problems.

HKcarrier

Did she get a ticket for breach of the peace? :p

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek:

No, but if I was a juror I would find her guilty of brandishing her body…

I'm certain she could have drawn a crowd..

I still don't see how they can get around the malicious intent part of brandishing... also the ostentatious display is the least harmful portion of the law.

How come this can't fall under a political protest or display?

Small_Arms_Collector

I do hope you feel better, I know all about back problems.

Thanks.

I made it about 8:30, and saw the last bit of the concert, I walked around a few times, but didn't see any other OCers.:(

I was just getting ready to leave a bit after 9 when I got a phone call, I stopped to talk on the phone, and midway through my call the cops showed up. Two of them. To there credit though, when they started to talk I gestured to wait, and they did while I finished my phone call, then when I did the conversation went as follows:

Me: Yes?

Cops: How are you doing tonight?

Me: Fine (OK that was a lie, my back hurt, but I didn't see the need to share.)

Cops: What are you doing?

Me: I came for the concert, and got a phone call, and didn't want to drive, and talk.

Cops: OK

That was it, I think they wanted more, but since I was leaving anyway, I just walked away, and they didn't try to stop me, or say anything, the whole encounter once I started talking took about 5 seconds. They did however continue to watch me, and an occasional glance over my shoulder showed them following me about 50 yards behind as I walked to my car.

I generally carry a video camera, but I forgot it, I did however get some cell phone pictures (before the cops showed up) that I'll post in the next day, or so.

Last edited: