• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Birmingham Update

Jonathon Sometimes

imported post

Sent Rep. Barry Mask asupportive email asking him to clarify what kind of legislation he's considering. I also suggested he check out trying to overturn vehicle carry laws and may issue permits. Haven't recieved a reply yet, but it's great to hear some one in the House is at least interested!

I actually saw Gov. Riley in Mark's Outdoors a couple of months back. I'm just standing there holding an XD, and I hear one of the workers say, "Hey Gov." He was withone of hisgrandkids I think, and no security personnel that I saw. His shirt, however, was quite long, and untucked. Completelypossible I witnessed the Gov. CCW'ing on his day off. Haha.

It took everything I had not to approach him and ask for his support on OC, but as I saw it, he was "off duty."

Neo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Jonathon Norris wrote:
Sent Rep. Barry Mask asupportive email asking him to clarify what kind of legislation he's considering. I also suggested he check out trying to overturn vehicle carry laws and may issue permits. Haven't recieved a reply yet, but it's great to hear some one in the House is at least interested!

I actually saw Gov. Riley in Mark's Outdoors a couple of months back. I'm just standing there holding an XD, and I hear one of the workers say, "Hey Gov." He was withone of hisgrandkids I think, and no security personnel that I saw. His shirt, however, was quite long, and untucked. Completelypossible I witnessed the Gov. CCW'ing on his day off. Haha.

It took everything I had not to approach him and ask for his support on OC, but as I saw it, he was "off duty."
Thanks for contacting him. I received a reply when I contacted him, but that was months ago. Hopefully, he's enjoying time with family and will get back to email afterwards.

I, too, think it would be a good idea to reverse the permit requirement for vehicle carry. However, since this isn't warm, southern California, most of us will need a concealed carry permit several months out of the year or any time we put on a suit coat. Since AL CCWs are issued at the sheriff's discretion, that means we currently need cooperation from their offices. Several AL sheriffs have revoked CCWs based on good, clean OC incidents. Perhaps ultimately we should push to completely revamp AL's current discretionary CCW system into something like TN's "shall-issue" system. This would insure statewide uniformity. As part of that new system, I'd certainly like OC to be left alone as a constitutional right and only require a permit for CC.

Best regards,
- Neo

KillBoxAlpha

imported post

I'd like to meet some of y'all at the gunshow next weekend as well. I can be there Sunday.

Jonathon Sometimes

imported post

Gun Show went well, had my first "Are you on OpenCarry.org?" comment.. lol (what's up, Para.) Met a bunch of people who were interested, some who were not. Handed out 50 flyers and left 20 more at the two gun stores I frequent.

Still OC'in in the gas station across the street and to and from the apt mostly. Walked right past asherriff's deputystanding with some peoplefilling out a report rightoutside the apt. Nothing was said, just got in my truck and left.There's no way he couldhave missed the SpringfieldXDm, I passed him strong side, and I had on a white shirt.The more I venture out, the more evident it is that attitude simply is everything.

Jonathon Sometimes

imported post

Had a crazy OC day yesterday. Started off heading to Bass Pro Shop on I-20 but it wasn't open at 9:30am, so ended up just leaving. There were about 25 people milling about, no one said anything. Then I went to the gas station across from the apt, non-event as usual. Next I went to Best Buy and checked voice recorder prices, non-event, even chatted with the front door loss prevention guy. Then MacDonald's and my only chat there was with a nice older lady who said 'Is that a Glock?' :) Then IHOP that night.

Cricket

imported post

I have OC in bass pro shops there in leeds many times including this weekend while i was in pell city and never had any problems..have yet to have any problems here in decatur so far...

Jonathon Sometimes

imported post

Nice, keep up the good work, Cricket.

Today's OC destinations were FedEx, Tom and Jerry's Gas station, package store, Pelham pawn shop, and ATI Pistol Range. No comments anywhere except pistol range where a guy behind the counter thought it was illegal. He's a good guy, but why is that usually said by people who are OC'ING themselves?

Rockin an Rollin.

Anybody else have any recent OC stories from central Alabama?

SlackwareRobert

imported post

They aren't OC'ing, they are packing heat for protection of the poor unarmed bullets.:banghead:
One never knows when a university professor will come in.:uhoh:

I can't believe they would admit to shoving her out into the hall where she
could threaten students and think that is a good thing.

Anyone hear if she will be charged with bringing a gun onto school grounds with
intent to do harm? Funny how they claim this to try and disarm us, but let a real
crook break the law and they don't even get charged with it.

Jonathon Sometimes

imported post

Today's OC destinations with the girlfriend were Rojo (restaurant), a public park, Zoe's consignment store, Hoover Tactical Firearms, Auto Zone, and the gas station.

Yesterday's OC destinations were gas station, Arby's, FedEx, Starbucks, couple of gun stores, and the Pink Package liquor store.

Everyone else from central Alabama post your OC stories here!

And me and Tim (Hollowpoint38)are starting the weekly tradition of STARBUCKS SUNDAYS. Noon at 5 points south Starbucks, Birmingham. OC, CC, or No-C.