• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BMWAG ARRESTED!!!

vbnative73

imported post

InTheseShoes wrote:

I think after the Va Tech shooting, there is an obligation by police to identify, not onlythat anyone that is OC is not a convicted felon, but also of their right mind (not a mental patient, such as the VA Tech shooter) and it is legalfor that person to be carrying a weapon at all.

Here's a question... what would the officer's liability be if they just walked away because he refused to provide his information, and then went on a shooting spree on the bus on the way to Norfolk? Isn’t there an obligation to the public to know that they and their kids are safe riding on the city bus, even when someone is OC? Didn’t a citizen or the bus driver call the police because they didn’t feel safe? This why my kids will never ride the city bus. There must be some obligation for police to act.

Seems that anyone in their ‘right mind’[/i] would have provided their ID immediately, rather than hiding it in their sock. He would have been on his way after their information is verified that he could OC legally. That would have taken how long? 5 minutes? Test the system; Cooperate and see where it gets you. But then, I really hope that this becomes case law… then he will have to be taken downtown and booked the proper way.

I find it much simpler to conceal carry.

Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither.

LEO 229

imported post

Agreed...

dedhorse.gif

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

vbnative73 wrote:
InTheseShoes wrote:

I think after the Va Tech shooting, there is an obligation by police to identify, not onlythat anyone that is OC is not a convicted felon, but also of their right mind (not a mental patient, such as the VA Tech shooter) and it is legalfor that person to be carrying a weapon at all.

Here's a question... what would the officer's liability be if they just walked away because he refused to provide his information, and then went on a shooting spree on the bus on the way to Norfolk? Isn’t there an obligation to the public to know that they and their kids are safe riding on the city bus, even when someone is OC? Didn’t a citizen or the bus driver call the police because they didn’t feel safe? This why my kids will never ride the city bus. There must be some obligation for police to act.

Seems that anyone in their ‘right mind’ would have provided their ID immediately, rather than hiding it in their sock. He would have been on his way after their information is verified that he could OC legally. That would have taken how long? 5 minutes? Test the system; Cooperate and see where it gets you. But then, I really hope that this becomes case law… then he will have to be taken downtown and booked the proper way.

I find it much simpler to conceal carry.

Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither.
This is straight from the playbook of the feel good, pass a law, social reformists i.e. MMM that say they wish to make us all safe from ourselves.

"Obligation by police." "Officer's liability." "Obligation to the public." "Obligation for police to act." The Supreme Court has already answered this!

"Is it legal for that person to be carrying a weapon at all?" Your true colors are showing! "They didn't feel safe," is a preception, an opinion, an emotion not a factual condition of actual threat. Apply this thinking to driving, walking down the street or shopping.

You find it simpler to conceal carry (although I am not convinced you do) - fine but if you visit Florida and your weapon peeks from behind your shirt, how would you feel about your arrest, loss of weapon and other penalties? After all the police have an obligation and people want to feel safe and ride the bus. Maybe being stopped, however often, to see if you are legal is okay with you but it is totally unacceptable to me. Provide my papers on demand - I don't think so!

Yata hey

PS - I posted this 'cause his choice of words and thought process 'taited me . :)