• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bob Irwin quoted by the NY Times...

wrightme

And that would be the last that I'm going to bother with you.
Yes, you have said that before.

DVC said:
Anyone who would TRY to claim that getting the USSC to recognize the individual right isn't a benefit to Nevadans is too stupid to deserve my time.
Strawman. I never claimed that whatsoever.

I tried, and failed, to get you to see that comparing national vs state orgs wasn't valid.

DVC said:
Lemme guess . . .you have one of those "I'm the NRA" stickers on your car . . .
Nope. you fail. again.

wrightme

Whatever you say, Junior.

GOA is a national org.

NVFAC is a state org.

Do you, or do you not, 'get' the point about the difference that I was presenting? Given your strawman creation, you didn't.

BTW, given that I am more than 1/2 way to the endpoint, you miss with 'junior.' Instead of condescending posts, can you simply speak to the topic?

Bmeierholtz

Ok, guys. I have nothing against EITHER of you, but BOTH of you at the same time. While polite discussions are very good for everyone here, allow me to say that I don't think anyone on this forum wants to get caught up in your drama. The name calling, the constant bickering back and forth is not really necessary. Please stick to the topic and let your egos take a damn break for once.
I may get banned for this, but I honestly don't give a rip. I look to this forum for updates to what is going on here. If I want a soap opera, I will turn on the tele.

john-in-reno

Hey Bmeierholtz,
I tried to say something one time about the same kind of stuff and got no where except bitched at, there both going to be right in there eyes and the other is going to be wrong no matter what most of the time

When I come across a thread like this anymore where 2 or more egos think there the only one that is right and nobody else matters, i just skim thru the names and read everyone else comments and ignore the egos

Some people will never change

wrightme

Hey Bmeierholtz,
I tried to say something one time about the same kind of stuff and got no where except bitched at, there both going to be right in there eyes and the other is going to be wrong no matter what most of the time
Do you mean this post?

Can we LOCK this thread

I don't have enough cheese to go with all this WHINE

I can see why you might have gotten a reaction to that style.

john-in-reno said:
When I come across a thread like this anymore where 2 or more egos think there the only one that is right and nobody else matters, i just skim thru the names and read everyone else comments and ignore the egos

Some people will never change

I am open to other ideas that get presented. I do not agree with some posters here, but that doesn't mean I have any dislike for them. I will not bitch at you for expressing your opinion, but I do feel you have read me wrong in this.

I may be incorrect at times. That isn't to say that others should dismiss what I present out of mere disagreement.

Specifically, any time a person disagrees with a group or idea, only on the basis of the source or affiliation (such as the NRA), that person HAS closed their mind to that idea or group, without merit.

Last edited:

Bmeierholtz

Main thing I am saying is that I think most of the members here would rather see intelligent discussions here rather than members arguing back and forth. Geez, my 10 and 12 years old boys don't act the way you guys have been at it here lately, they have more respect than that. Opinions will differ here I am aware, but don't let us all in on the arguments. Any idea what Private Message means? Try and persuade each other in there.

wrightme

Main thing I am saying is that I think most of the members here would rather see intelligent discussions here rather than members arguing back and forth. Geez, my 10 and 12 years old boys don't act the way you guys have been at it here lately, they have more respect than that. Opinions will differ here I am aware, but don't let us all in on the arguments. Any idea what Private Message means? Try and persuade each other in there.

I am 'for' intelligent discussions. I prefer them to the name-calling that I get subjected to in here. That does not mean I am willing to be silent if I have a differing opinion to others. Nor does it mean I can be 'shouted down' by those who seem to take a personal dislike to me, for holding opinions that are not in lockstep with those of others.

As an aside, your post is a great one that you could have handled by PM, don't you think? :confused:

I am aware of what PMs mean. I have attempted them in the past. They do not have the intended result.

Last edited:

Bmeierholtz

I never asked anyone to "be silent". Forums are for members to express their opinions, and should they disagree with something said, then by all means add your own opinion. Once that is done, let it rest unless asked a specific question, or you have a question to ask that does not make another poster look bad. Most members are smart enough to know that if they see something that is contrary to their belief, then maybe they should do a little fact finding.
Now, I am going to do what you can't seem to do here. I am going to just set back and look for new stuff to discuss and not drag this particular subject on for several pages.

Before I go, I will make a suggestion to the moderators here. I think this thread has ran it's course and should be locked.

wrightme

I never asked anyone to "be silent". Forums are for members to express their opinions, and should they disagree with something said, then by all means add your own opinion. Once that is done, let it rest unless asked a specific question, or you have a question to ask that does not make another poster look bad. Most members are smart enough to know that if they see something that is contrary to their belief, then maybe they should do a little fact finding.

Frankly, I have not seen that from most members. Some, yes.

Bmeierholtz said:
Now, I am going to do what you can't seem to do here. I am going to just set back and look for new stuff to discuss and not drag this particular subject on for several pages.
I thought such comments were what you disliked? Now YOU engage in comments designed to make others look bad?
Bmeierholtz said:
Before I go, I will make a suggestion to the moderators here. I think this thread has ran it's course and should be locked.

You do realize that when you suggest locking this thread, you are attempting to get others to 'be silent?'

Last edited:

john-in-reno

Do you mean this post?

I can see why you might have gotten a reaction to that style.

I am open to other ideas that get presented. I do not agree with some posters here, but that doesn't mean I have any dislike for them. I will not bitch at you for expressing your opinion, but I do feel you have read me wrong in this.

I may be incorrect at times. That isn't to say that others should dismiss what I present out of mere disagreement.

Specifically, any time a person disagrees with a group or idea, only on the basis of the source or affiliation (such as the NRA), that person HAS closed their mind to that idea or group, without merit.

Where in MY post in this thread did I mention YOU???

NEVER once did I mention yours or anybody elses name!

Yet you take the time to look up an old post and try to use it to make me mad or point out my mistakes, and yes I am not perfect! NO ONE IS!

as far as im concerned this thread has no usefull information, and will not return to it, Have fun!

DON`T TREAD ON ME

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Technically, there is no background check authorized by the registration process that I can see.

It started in the days where your registration was put on paper and went into a file cabinet.

I believe the County conducts illegal background checks when you register a firearm that has already been legally transferred to you or brought into the County with you when you moved here.

So, technically, a felon should be able to register even though the possession is what is illegal, right?

Last edited: