• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Body Armor

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Man, we dont even get multi cam. we have this crappy ACU stuff.
I have to agree with you, that acu just don't look very good & it's a cruddy Camo, it stands out against everything. The only guys that get Multicam are the Spec Ops guys in the Sandbox & A-Stan , correct.

I like this patch the most...

Dreamer

imported post

Gunslinger wrote:
5.56 Armor Piercing Incendiary rounds are now readily available. Body armor or wearing a piece of cardboard have the same results. 5.7MM metal inserted rounds will punch through it easily. A .44magnum round to the heart--even if it doesn't penetrate, will kill you by cardiac shock. If you know the BG will be shooting a .38 spcl, fine. But how do you know what you may face?

According to most reputable studies, common street thugs prefer cheap, small-caliber handguns. The most common rounds you see in everyday street crime are .22, .25, .380, .38 special and 9mm. Occasionally a thug will use a .40 (and that round is becoming more popular with criminals) but generally, thugs want small, easily concealable, inexpensive handguns that use cheap, easy-to-find ammo. There just aren't a lot of reports of hoodlums using .44 Specials or rifles like 7.64, 5.56, or .223 in their everyday crimes...

You rolls the dice, and you takes your chances. If you want to wear Level IV body armor in your day-to-day routine, then good on ya, but I'll go with the statistics, and my own skills and awareness.

Also, you have to remember that not only are "common criminals" mostly carrying small-caliber, cheaply-made guns, but most of them don't maintain them properly, and most of them don't know crap about how to shoot them accurately. How many stories do you see where some thug walks into a store, fires 6 or 7 shots at the cashier, and doesn't score a single hit?

Nope, I'll just keep my eyes and ears open, and my well-tuned .45 on my hip...