• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boondocks: "No weapons (guests are subject to search)"

CCarry

imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
I feel that this has gone on way to long. My posts started with wanting to change a policy I saw unfit. And yes I do go to boondocks alot.

I allowed mike to make it right by changing policy that I did not agree wtih he did. Once the policy was changed I took it a step further and asked him about another Issue I am waiting to hear back from him from the email I sent him.

But guess what I am doing this mainly for myself and a few select people. Your comments don't effect me in the least. I want to bring about a change in rules I see unfit if nothing happens at least I know I tried.

When he stated I could CC I already knew this based on Utah Law when I asked to OC I did this for a reason. I know if I get caught OC I get asked to leave I do so

same with CC am I breaking any laws The answer is no. In the end all the negitive comments made hold no water with me.

After I left the Army in 2001 I told myself never again will I allow my voice to go unheard even if it is unpopular. Since when do I need validation to change a rule I see unfit. I see rules changing all the time and will keep changing for the good.

The freedom I fought for does not end when I left the military. I vote at every election I play a active role in my community. I abide by the law and raise my kids with the same morals. and the same freedom I enjoy some day they will enjoy.

As far a criminals who open carry they are few and a exception. I belive the criminal was not OC'ing but in the commision of a crime which means that someone robbing a store could also be precived as open carrying or even a car jacking. So yes you are right if you want to post the case number I would love to read it. So post it Or pm me and I will read the report I love stories that end like this. I have a few cases I could post with pictures that are interesting.

In the end I will agree to disagree OC'ing is the right thing for me but maybe the Idea of OC'ing is a bad thing to do for another. Freedom to chose is what makes it a great place to live. I will never be offended by your posts because they are opinions.

So post what you may but rember one day when you are running for a office or even looking for a postion on a board your comments and negitive postings could come back to bother you. but as far as being angered I know their postings I choose to read personal attacks from both ends are childish and I choose not to get caught up in them.

Gunsfreak I have one more thing to say to you and then I am done! If you are trying to be a positive activist for your cause rule #1 is to state actual facts. You don't help anyone by sending an email with a BS story that you made up to try and "help your cause".

You were never asked to leave boondocks for carrying a firearm but yet you claimed that happened in your email. Why? False information doesn't help anyone. I thought someone who was in the army would have learned about honor, duty,and integrity, but it appears you did not. Especially since you want to raise your kids with the same morals that you claim to have.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

I was asked to leave by a drapper Police officer who works their. I can back that up by facts. I can give you more information if you like. The draper police officer that was working the night I was asked to leave since it was private property and I complied. Later on Matt started this Thread I thought I would send a Email to Mike to resolve this Issue. Indeed I think you need to research the story before you call someone a liar. I did omit information from my post due to the fact that it was a need to know basis. But since you did not research this issue or you would have known the truth.

but I do thank you for your posts and hope to hear from you soon if you would like to know more then assuming you no everything. But I do not hold you responsiable for your Ignorance

CCarry

imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
I was asked to leave by a drapper Police officer who works their. I can back that up by facts. I can give you more information if you like. The draper police officer that was working the night I was asked to leave since it was private property and I complied. Later on Matt started this Thread I thought I would send a Email to Mike to resolve this Issue. Indeed I think you need to research the story before you call someone a liar. I did omit information from my post due to the fact that it was a need to know basis. But since you did not research this issue or you would have known the truth.

but I do thank you for your posts and hope to hear from you soon if you would like to know more then assuming you no everything. But I do not hold you responsiable for your Ignorance
Sure I would love to see more info and the facts. If you have that I will gladly retract my previous post. But for your story to be true you need to have been kicked out for OCing. Also, as I have stated several time I don't know everything.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

I was indeed asked to leave for OC by a draper police officer right before I went inside he stated that they would not allow me to open carry my firearm so I left the property anymore information I missed I would be glad to post for you since you are not right all of the time