• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Both forums are having issues.

Kloutier

I go to OCDO and utahconcealedcarry.com and both in the last few days have been going down a lot. both seem to be database issues. Is some one attacking us? DDOS FTL

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
I am really not sure if it is a DDOS attack or not. What I do know is that I upgraded to 4.10 PL2 on Thursday and the problems started shortly thereafter.

The actual problem is that a large database request locks the post table and prevents any other requests from running, letting the max connections get filled up and crashing the database.

It happens in no discernable pattern or timetable.

I am working with vBulletin and with a consultant to try and resolve the issue.

Thanks for being patient with me.

John

I go to OCDO and utahconcealedcarry.com and both in the last few days have been going down a lot. both seem to be database issues. Is some one attacking us? DDOS FTL