• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BOYCOTT Marys pistols

OpenWide45

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
OpenWide45 wrote:
HankT wrote:
OpenWide45 wrote:
You can bet there will be other newbs posting in Mary's defense. It's a popular shop.

That will be interesting.

I'd love to read what Andrew or Dan or Mary have to say about the incident.

Can anyone get word to them that they'd be welcome to join OCDO and make their viewsknown?

It would be a poor business decision to openly respond to a smear campaign.

Just what gun owners everywhere should worry about. Adam-Henry's with poor language skills and guns starting sh*t with other gun owners..
Smear campaign? i love it, instead of posting something intelligent u post that...... All we need now is Boo Boo putting his 2 cents in on this again. That would really make my nite.

And for your info i didnt call them today and threaten them, They called me and threatened me.....

So that is the bad business practices that wont help the situation but hey what do i know?
Did you call the police? If a gun shop owner threatened me, I'd call the police.

Maybe the 'threat' was more your choice of words rather that what really happened over the phone.

I hope they sue your butt for trying to 'smear' them by saying they sell guns illegally.

That is defamation of character last time I checked.

Vandal

imported post

This has turned into another classic OCDO pissing match. Glad we were able to get November's out of the way early so that we can move on to better things like how the SAF's fight against Seattle is going or OC issues around WA.

ETA: grammar check

AmmoDog

imported post

I didn't think this was true, but someone is asking for a boycott just because they got tossed for asking a question that has no relavance to anything? Has anyone went to dan and mary and asked them for there side. I did and it made a lot more sense than this crap. :banghead: Just because of this, I think I'm going to buy more from them next week.

Johnny Law

imported post

HankT wrote:
OpenWide45 wrote:
You can bet there will be other newbs posting in Mary's defense. It's a popular shop.

That will be interesting.

I'd love to read what Andrew or Dan or Mary have to say about the incident.

Can anyone get word to them that they'd be welcome to join OCDO and make their viewsknown?
"They" are already here. Take a look at Open Wide45's posts and sign up date......................who do you suppose that could be?

Bo

imported post

Unbelievable thread.

Just another example of why gun people are their own worst enemies. Don't need the anti-gun folks at all, we'll knock each other off.

Mary's is a nice shop; probably anyone that's ever spent any time at all in there knows that unlike many other PS area gunshops, you can simplygo in and talk guns and the store folks won't begrudge the fact that you might not be buying anything that day ...

As Dan says, if you buy one gun a year from us, that's cool. I personally like the place; decent selection for a smallish business, and competitive prices.

Seems as though Jarhead1055 (and I don't know him at all) may have an axe to grind.

Ethereal

imported post

So I'm supposed to boycott Mary's on account of a part timer throwing out one customer? I may be new to the site but it doesn't take 5,000 posts to know when a situation has little to do with me or my interests. I don't make it down to see Dan and Mary too often but when I do make the trip I always get the same service and friendly attitude that has won over business from many of you here as well as the entire Puget Sound region. I've met Andrew in the past and he's been fair and treated me just fine. It's too bad that the OP hasn't had any luck with dealing with him; if he chose to shop at other places I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be disappointed. This area for sure is spoiled with good gunstores to visit with Mary's being only one of them.

It's pretty obvious that I'm of the group brought into this by the WAHTF on AR15.com, but instead of adding fuel to the fire I'll try to be somewhat positive as a guest here.

compmanio365

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
Marc, grow up some please. @#$%ty service happens, or you quite literally cannot please everyone. I know I can't make everyone happy at my job, and some even leave pissed. Usually they came in with an attitude and/or mental health issues to begin with, or simply have unrealistic demands that I cannot meet. Yet I've never heard of anyone demanding a boycott of the businesses I represent because they've left upset after talking to me. Strangely enough I do my job to the best of my ability and by and large, I get by and even get respect.

You can't please everyone, and quite frankly I think you've got a crappy attitude over this, and expect everything to go your way. Why aren't you working there anymore BTW?
I'm not working there anymore because "we cant afford you" yet they can afford to pay someone else the same wages they paid me to work there and he is there 40hrs a week just as i was.

So thats why im not there anymore.......
Well, no offense dude, but maybe there's a reason.....your piss poor attitude and constant persecution complex gets a little old. They don't have to tell you sh** about why you're gone, it's an at-will state.

Frankly, I agree with Steve....get over this vendetta and move on with life. There's plenty of other gun stores to shop at, and making a thread just to try to further your personal little war with this shop is more than a little childish.

triehl27

imported post

We just went over this at the Normandy Park Meeting.

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

Look at how many brand new people are posting on this thread or people with under 15 posts.

This post no longer serves a purpose, shut it down.

Jarhead, your story is out there now, people will do what they are gonna do.

MOD PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD.

5jeffro7

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
They called me and threatened me.....

Keeping an open mind about the situation, what, exactly was the threat?

I only ask because with what's been said in this thread by you already, it seems as though a "keep up smearing us & you're going to find yourself in court for defamation" kind of "threat" might actually have been the case...in which case, it could be construed as more of a promise than a threat...and not an illegal statement...simply a statement of, 1) continue to do this and 2) this will happen...actions and consequences

Mainsail

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
YA YA its a shocker epsecially from someone like me but before anyone chews my ass off for this let me explain...

I have been getting a few people PMing me about the new guy who works for Dan at the gun shop.

His name is Andrew and he is rude to people he is disrespectful and today i went in and he threw me out of the gun shop because i asked him a question.

So i know a few of you would like to see him gone and i spoke with Dan about this several times and he is not prepaired to remove him from the shop so i am asking those of you who are not impressed with him to post on this thread and i will take it to dan so he can see whats really going on in his store.

The boycott comes in now, i think being how its hard earned money that supports his local small shop that we have the right to be treated with respect and as the saying goes the customer is always right i would suggest that we stop spending money there until he removes andrew.

Sound off lets hear your thoughts on this.
Wow! Where did this come from? I have bought several handguns, one shotgun, and one rifle at Mary’s, and you want to call for a boycott based on one side of an encounter about which you’ve been completely ambiguous? Then, because they don’t fire him just for you, you want to trash talk them? Seriously?

I’ve read all your posts and I still don’t know what happened. So, what happened? What really happened? I’ve been to Mary’s several times just to shoot the @#$%, and I’ve always found Andrew to be friendly and engaging. I think there must be far more to this story than you’re letting on, and possibly some responsibility you’ve not accepted.

Selling guns is their bread and butter, it’s how they make their house payments and put gas in their car. If Andrew was the person you’re making him out to be, they would never let him stay…..unless….there's more to this. Andrew threw you out “just because [you] asked a question?”

If I were to believe he threw you out just because you asked “a question” (meaning one question), then I would have to believe he was completely insane, and if he were completely insane, Dan would have fired him, unless Dan was also completely insane, and if Dan were completely insane, the so must Mary as well. So we have, based on the logical extension of your call for a boycott, a gun shop in Tacoma owned and staffed by insane people who need to be locked up at Western State? I think I’d have to be insane to believe any of this!

If you aren’t happy then don’t go there! Calling for a boycott and trying to damage their business is unbelievably rude. I have always been pleased with both the people and business practices at Mary’s Pistols. There’s a reason I keep going back there! When I wanted a Glock 20SF, I didn’t go to Mary’s because I thought I could get a better deal from one of the Glock authorized sellers that are allowed to sell at ‘First Responder’ prices. I went to Federal Way Guns because they are one of those dealers. They wouldn’t sell it to me because they claimed the deal didn’t apply to retired military members, only active duty military members. I left there, went to Mary’s, and Mary cut me a deal so close to the First Responder pricing that the difference was negligible, so I bought it. Federal Way Guns was wrong by the way, the deal is available to retired military. (I mentioned it to the owner there and he was angry his employees didn’t know this and had lost a sure sale, but not so angry he wanted to make it up to me in any way.) Do I need to mention the RFB I just bought there for $1250 when other dealers are marking them at the MSRP of $1800 (or more), and getting that price?

If you don’t want to patronize Mary’s based on an incident about which you haven’t revealed any details, so be it. The rest of us will continue to shop there and get great guns from great people at great prices.

sirpuma

imported post

Unicorn wrote:
sirpuma wrote:
G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
jarhead1055 wrote:
i asked if he was on the FFL yet....(SNIP)dan or marry was not in the store it was an appropriate question.

You don't have to be "on" the FFL to sell a gun/perform a NICS check/etc...as an employee of a gunshop. I've worked for 2 different gunshops and was never "on" any FFL.

As for the employee in question, I've met the guy, and he's "abrasive," but no more than a couple of the people that frequent these very boards. He's got the "I am/was military so I automatically know everything about guns"-attitude that I've seen in the past. I just steer clear from people like that, him included.

If there is this much of a problem, I doubt that Mary and Dan are oblivious to the fact, but bringing a print-out of an internet thread carries little-to-no weight to a small business owner/operator. If a couple of people bring their concerns directly to the owners, this will likely have much more of an effect, either to have the behavior corrected, or the situation corrected.
You are more wrong than you know. As an FFL holder I can verify that should I hire any employees whose role will be manufacturing frames or selling firearms, they MUST be on my FFL. That is Federal Law. If you were never on the FFL, then those gun shops were in violation.

As far as Mary's goes, never been there, don't have any plans of being there.

What??? Do you have a quote from the federal law? I'm betting you don't. Think about it. Do you think that Wal-Mart or Big-5 have a few thousand of their gun department clerks on their FFLS? How about the people at Colt, DPMS, Oly, Mega Machine Shop, Aero Precision, etcetera that make guns? Do they have to have however many hundreds of their employees on their FFLS?
Only the "responsible parties," those that are responsible for control and the direction of the business need to be on the FFL.

Great, I've been here for two years, and I finally post and I waste it on this... :banghead:;)
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_sec_18_00000922----000-.html

18USC 922
(a) It shall be unlawful— (1) for any person— (A) except a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer, to engage in the business of importing, manufacturing, or dealing in firearms, or in the course of such business to ship, transport, or receive any firearm in interstate or foreign commerce; or (B) except a licensed importer or licensed manufacturer, to engage in the business of importing or manufacturing ammunition, or in the course of such business, to ship, transport, or receive any ammunition in interstate or foreign commerce;

In other words, for a person to SELL a firearm, or MANUFACTURE a firearm you MUST be licensed. This includes employees of businesses. Have you had your own business and gone through the interview with the ATF? Have you actually read the forms for applying for your FFL?

Any business selling firearms had better have ALL employees who fill out the 4473s and actively sell firearms on their FFL.