• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boyfriend tells police he fatally shot girlfriend after mistaking her for int

Save Our State

Wrong, the state has the burden, the responsibility, to prove beyond a reasonable doubt, to a jury, that the charges brough against the accused can be prooven in a court of law. The state must not ever take to trial a case that they know they cannot "win."

It is a travesty of "justice" to give "the people" the first shot. The state decides who goes to trial not you.

Well, there are grand juries too, but let me first ask about your intent here. are you saying there should be no DA's?

Shoobee

Funny & sad.

Who is stupid enought to shoot their own GF?

Did the GF cop the key from him or did he give it to her? If he gave it then he must have known she had a key right?

This sounds like a negligent homicide to me, some form of unintentional manslaughter at least.

The poor girl found out the hard way that Darwin's Law precluded living-in with a stupid moron with a gun.

Shoobee

Wrong, the state has the burden, the responsibility, to prove beyond a reasonable doubt, to a jury, that the charges brough against the accused can be prooven in a court of law. The state must not ever take to trial a case that they know they cannot "win."

It is a travesty of "justice" to give "the people" the first shot. The state decides who goes to trial not you.

There is no doubt in my mind that the shooter was a stupid moron who probably beyond a reasonable doubt committed a negligent homicide.

It all depends on how the GF got the key though. If he gave it to her, then no grand or petit jury is going to have much sympathy towards the shooter.

Last edited:

Shoobee

Hahahahahahhahahahahaaa!!

Another strawman argument. You put up an argument I didn't make, then argue against it. Nobody is saying he never new he had a responsibility to others or to handle a gun safely. I am arguing its entirely possible it doesn't occur to a person who is awakened from deep sleep, perhaps foggy from late evening drinking, his mind enveloped in fear, that the noise he heard was not a burglar, and that the person who startles him in the hall is not a burglar. You're essentially arguing that such a person should be as clear thinking in the crunch as he is in a classroom setting. Bwahahahahahahaa!

Your deterence argument falls flat because it depends on there being an offense in the first place. "Oh, I'll just declare an offense, and every argument that depends on it will look solid and convincing to anybody who doesn't notice" Hahahahahahaaa. (I'm being generous by assuming you were even thinking through on your argument.)

Furthermore, you equate a rare tragedy being repeated with people who repeat their behaviors much, much more frequently. And, you even include non-crimes like alcoholism and gambling. Bwahahahahahahahahahaa!!

Well, its been fun. Entertaining even. But, since you cannot really do more than twist my arguments and go off on tangents, I suppose I'll get little rational argument from you. (sigh)

If he gave the GF the key, then he would always need to bear in his groggy mind that it is probably she not a burglar.

But if she copped the key from him, then different story.

It all depends on how she got the key, at least to me that's what it comes down to.

See, this is why you could never use this story to shoot your wife. You know your wifey has a key. You have to know it.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Well, there are grand juries too, but let me first ask about your intent here. are you saying there should be no DA's?
Yes, there should be no 'DAs', as permanent employees of the state. Now as far as elected politicians who act in the capacity of 'DA' the citizens of that state have a say as to whether they desire to pay for bureaucrats to support a elected DA
Amendment 5 - Trial and Punishment, Compensation for Takings. Ratified 12/15/1791.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury,.....
Hire a lawyer to prosecute after a judge calls for a grand jury to be seated.

OC for ME

Funny & sad.

Who is stupid enought to shoot their own GF?

Did the GF cop the key from him or did he give it to her? If he gave it then he must have known she had a key right?

This sounds like a negligent homicide to me, some form of unintentional manslaughter at least.

The poor girl found out the hard way that Darwin's Law precluded living-in with a stupid moron with a gun.
Whatever happened to "Honey! I'm home!" or "How about a phone call before you come over?"