• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bringing my Glock to NYC. Will there be any hassles?

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I think some people are over-reacting. While we can all be bitter over the unconstitutionality of it, that doesn't mean it should be taken out on the OP. One can't really blame him for wanting to carry or for asking on this board for advice (both legal and in "dealing with the locals" of this sub-forum). The Nazi comment is really uncalled for, but let's go with it for a second. Assuming the OP is actually on our side (and I see no reason for why he isn't), then it is akin to the jews mobbing a Nazi who is sympathetic to them and has been helping them. Or blacks attacking a white person who had been a part of the underground railroad simply because they were white. Just because one is somehow associated with an injustice doesn't mean they are automatically guilty of said injustice or should be attacked as such.

What did OP do to help anyone carry in NY? o_O

I see your point, but your analogy sucks...

I don't hate OP. Just hate the double standard he lives by.

learn2shoot

Yes, I think there will be hassles -

I would carry a copy of all the laws printed - multiple copies - available for inspection. If that fails I would have the number of a good NYC attorney already in your wife's phone. I hope all goes well.

As for all the negativity - I see it as this. I am jealous of your ability to carry a gun in NYC, BUT I hope that if I was in NYC your would be the guy standing next to me.

I also hope that the next step is to allow all police with 10 years on the force to carry where ever. After that open it up to all military with 10 years, then to all police and military with 5 years. (after all the only people who should have guns are the police and military). Then once that causes no problems, open it to all people with ANY police and military experience. Then to all good folks who can own a gun in Montana (or silimiar free state). Or just skip to the last step. The way I see it the more of us carrying the better it is.

*rooster inhaler* hehehehehe

MKEgal

Badger Johnson said:
What's a rooster inhaler?
Another name for rooster is cock,
and when you inhale you suck in air...
Not at all a polite thing to say, but since it took me this long to get it (and I'm usually pretty good with words), I can't exactly say it's an obvious insult.
(What the admins choose to do is beyond my control...)

Why don't you feel safe in NYC filled to the brim and overflowing with good, honest LEOs?
Even better, why doesn't he feel safe in NYC since NYC doesn't allow normal everyday people to have guns? Everyone there who's allowed to have a gun is registered, usually wealthy, politically powerful, etc. (or a cop). Surely those people aren't going to harm anyone, right?
(Then again, since those are the only people allowed to have guns, those are the only people with guns, so why do they need to carry a gun?)
Yes, that's sarcasm.

Again, not directed at the OP, but at the whole second-class citizen thing.

Last edited:

MKEgal

Isn't there a provision in LEOSA (and related state laws) that in order to exercise those federal priviledges, someone who is not currently employed by a LEA must have had X number of years as a sworn officer w/ arrest powers?

Current employees are covered.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Isn't there a provision in LEOSA (and related state laws) that in order to exercise those federal priviledges, someone who is not currently employed by a LEA must have had X number of years as a sworn officer w/ arrest powers?

Current employees are covered.

As I recall, 10+ years as well as other requirements.

pkbites

It is done.

Took my pistol to NYC. Carried it while there. Brought it home. Guess what happened?

Nothing.

The paperwork at LGA was slightly different than when declaring a firearm in checked luggage at other airports. But other than that I had no problems whatsoever.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to hear you didn't have any problems. And thanks for sharing with us!

John

Took my pistol to NYC. Carried it while there. Brought it home. Guess what happened?

Nothing.

The paperwork at LGA was slightly different than when declaring a firearm in checked luggage at other airports. But other than that I had no problems whatsoever.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member

Nothing.

Nobody died or got shot????? To think what might happen if they let everyone carry there. I think the answer would be the same...nothing.