• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buddy denied CCW in Newport News

cmartin7864

imported post

no carry permit ? wrote:
Armed wrote:
2a4all wrote:
...or current military service or proof of an honorable discharge from any branch of the armed services; i.e a 214

Using my DD214s (USN) as an example, I'd have to ask "So where does it say on here that you have received any firearms training?".
Firearms training is implied as a course of basic training, regardless of branch of service. Dear God, somebody *please* tell me this is still true!

LOL, that's funny ! Why would anyone assume that the ARMED Forces are actually armed ? :banghead:

Maybe the judge thinks the applicant was a nurse, like Klinger on Mash.
Wasn't Klinger the CO Clerk?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Mike wrote:
Taclead wrote:
My friend was denied a CCW in Newport news because the judge said that his DD Form 214 was not sufficient proof of a gun safety course.:banghead:

Can anyone point me to the appropriate location (Official VA website) that states that a DD Form 214 is in fact sufficient proof of training?
What was the name of the judge??
I am starting to think that this thread is a hoax? What was the name of the judge? Where is the denial letter - post it here.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Mike wrote:
Mike wrote:
Taclead wrote:
My friend was denied a CCW in Newport news because the judge said that his DD Form 214 was not sufficient proof of a gun safety course.:banghead:

Can anyone point me to the appropriate location (Official VA website) that states that a DD Form 214 is in fact sufficient proof of training?
What was the name of the judge??
I am starting to think that this thread is a hoax? What was the name of the judge? Where is the denial letter - post it here.
+1
Yata hey

6L6GC

imported post

perhaps this is so. I offered to help and I have spoken with the "chief clerk in charge" at the NPN court and also had some "chats" with several of the chief of police boys and although they didn't especially care for me (uppity citizen) they remained professional. I was told that I HAD to get new finger prints to renew my permit. Straightened them out on that.

I would be more than happy to help.