• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bull Run Park - NPS

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Chaingun81 wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
Chaingun81 wrote:
You both are right. There is Bull Run Manassas National Battlefield Park which is obviously an NP under Department of Interior jurisdiction and therefor offlimits for carry.

There is also a Bull Run Regional Park in Centreville which I think is a locally managed park and I belive CC is ok there, but correct me if I'm wrong. Also, it has Bull Run Shooting Center in this park which is a very nice DGIF managed facility for skeet and trap.

Now having answered the easy questions, let me ask back the hard one. Manassas NBP is on both sides of Rt. 29 in Manassas - is this portion of Rt. 29 a part of NP or not?

You may carry on this piece of road open or concealed as it is a through road and operated by the state. I called the NPS office at the Manassas Battlefield park several years ago about this very issue since I travel those roads frequently between Manassas/Centreville and my home. The ranger assured me that I was fine. However, do not stop at one of the pulloffs or parking lots in the park when armed. You could have a problem with that one.

Thanks man! Now let me ask you a little harder question. What about a portion fo Rt. 211 between Sperryville and Luray right around the entrance to Skyline drive - is that a part of Shenandoah NP or not?

Note: I don't mean entering Skyline drive or stopping anywhere enroute - just driving on Rt. 211 from Speryville to Luray without stopping anywhere.

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that one.