• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bullets

ChiangShih

Are you a politician or a lawyer ??? No offense, Just askin cuz of the way ya string them words together.

So basically what your sayin, is that you think we should all keep our true feeling and opinions to ourselves and play nice with the little childish children in DC and other sandboxes........Well I ain't never been one to be PC, I'm a 41 year old transplanted Cowboy/Redneck from the edge of the Pineywoods and now a Southern Missouri Redneck that don't like or trust government and I don't like for any dang body telling me what the heck I can or cannot say or how I should say it. Our Republic don't stand a chance if people don't stand up and find their backbone. It's We The People........ not we the sheeple....I ain't goin to be the lamb on the skewer.......I ain't askin nobody fer nuttin and I sure ain't bout to get down on my knees and beg somebody for somethin that the good Lord made sure I had when I hit the ground.

I'm a law student.

And yes, in a way, I suppose that is what I'm saying. As you know there is a goal to the OC movement in MO, this is state-wide preemption. The only way we are going to win preemption is if we place nice nice with the childish children in the capitol. Use the system, and the people within it, to create positive change. Many of us communicate and associate with government and lawyer types. By associating with us they make a statement that they support us and are affiliated with us. When anti-government rhetoric hits pro-gun boards, all of the political support we had gets scared away. This is my point. Trust me I respect your thoughts and opinions, but to obtain our goals we have to play the politics game. This forum has been advertised on national news and linked on countless websites. Any positive affiliation considering doing something in support for us will undoubtedly scout these boards.

"The better part of valor is discretion."

-William Shakespeare

Last edited:

Misplaced Texan

:banghead:

NO! Not just No but H*** NO!!! Total waste of money. Good Lord dude, the laws don't stop the criminals from owning guns illegally, do you REALLY think a law will prohibit them from getting their meat hooks on bullets? Get real! No amount of laws are ever going stop the criminal elliment. The only thing that will stop a killer or a rapist is some good Ol Fashioned Justice. NOT some frivilous law that hasn't succeeded in preventing them from getting their hands on guns. What on earth makes you think ANOTHER law would make two nickels worth of difference??? It just might me YOUR house they break into in order to resupply. Is your law gonna make a difference then?

Not that you asked but I completely agree with your statement about needing some good ol' Fashioned Justice !!!!
Most of my family are from South Georgia and Texas and so they knew all about dealin with scum like rustlers and thieves.

Misplaced Texan

I'm a law student.

And yes, in a way, I suppose that is what I'm saying. As you know there is a goal to the OC movement in MO, this is state-wide preemption. The only way we are going to win preemption is if we place nice nice with the childish children in the capitol. Use the system, and the people within it, to create positive change. Many of us communicate and associate with government and lawyer types. By associating with us they make a statement that they support us and are affiliated with us. When anti-government rhetoric hits pro-gun boards, all of the political support we had gets scared away. This is my point. Trust me I respect your thoughts and opinions, but to obtain our goals we have to play the politics game. This forum has been advertised on national news and linked on countless websites. Any positive affiliation considering doing something in support for us will undoubtedly scout these boards.

"The better part of valor is discretion."

-William Shakespeare

Okay I'm not too good at the whole playin nice thing so I'll leave that too folks who are. I'll just keep doin what our Clans have been doin for centuries.

Last edited:

mobodyguard

but i also think this was bound to happen. MObodyguard should know this was going to happen. i mean you talk about adding regulations on a pro gun site, you should know the answer. so while he did get a lot of flak for it, he should of expected it. and stuff like this can get a normal laid back person in a bind when he hears other gun people promoting anti gun regulations. besides this thread i always agreed with what chaing has done, i think his website is fantastic. writeme, i dont know well enough, so cant say much about him. but i hope that its just the both just let this thread get to them. and hopefully well never see this topic again.[/QUOTE]

Im sorry but i didnt know that this was not goin to happen, as i stated before I was just asking a question. I dont know alot of things like alot of others and so i was just asking a question that was no my mind so please dont take it to heart ppl on here need not to take things so personal unless it need to be

wrightme

While each is entitled to his/her own opinion, you will find MANY here who view the regulation you present a question about as particularly abhorrent. Also, if you do some searches for ammunition microstamping, you will find several threads that speak of serializing ammo to attempt to track it through either a manufacturing serial number per round, or through an etched firing pin. All of it will have as its sole outcome a new restriction upon law-abiding firearms owners, that increases cost and hampers the free exercise of a Right that is protected by our Constitution and Bill of Rights.

You have received many good responses, very few of which are supportive of the concept.

Last edited:

Gunslinger

So you're saying, if they made buying a burst fire or full auto rifle as easy and affordable as any semi on the market, but you had to show ID for rifle ammo, you would be against it?

Hypothetical questions have their place. But this would never happen so the question is moot. The OP posed a hypothetical that could happen. Asked and answered.

Gunslinger

My response to writeme was not just based on the grammar correction, but as I previously stated, a perception of rude intent in his responses. This is a matter of opinion and the majority seemed to agree with my opinion. Therefore, as this is a matter of social perception, and the majority of the social group shared this perception, it should suffice to say, he was being rude. Though I can admit, I was eager to defend a friend who I felt needed it.

Simply put, if you found inconsistency in my posts or opinions you've failed to properly read and understand what I wrote. As I previously state (Multiple times) My stance from the very first post was in opposition to more regulation(without balance). This means, that there must remain a status quo of liberty and freedom in relation to the 2A, and all context must be governed by the constitutional framework. I simply interjected hypothetical scenarios of balanced reg and dereg to give directed thought on what I mean when speaking of balance. I understand where the context and wording of my posts, as well as the conveyed thought processes, may have been hard to follow and I don't fault anyone for misunderstanding. It should be clear if one were to read back over them with this explanation in mind. In fact, I challenge you to provide any example of a direct contradiction in my writing. If you can bring one to light I'll be more than happy to admit fault and attempt to explain my meaning. (of course this offer only stands for anyone but writeme, as I've already explained to him many times my stance on the matter)

Now, I will admit, it would have been better judgment on my behalf to have walked away from this thread long ago. It takes two (or like 4 in this case) to tango and we can't all be professional all the time :D
And there is something to be said for you throwing more fuel onto this fire.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoy the website and I agree, this subject and thread needs to die here. Partly because I do believe you and I both will be enjoying BBQ this weekend, so lets not let this thread cause any animosity or discomfort between anyone. We are all OC advocates, even if we disagree now and again.

There is no "balance" to inalienable rights. To get a bit better on the one hand, we give up something on the other. Who decides what is in balance, what's a good deal or what sucks? You? Me? A committee of Life NRA members? Never give up a right you have for the promise of something just as good by someone else. It won't be. Abstract and unobtainable hypotheticals aside: give up a little bit of freedom for something--anything, and someday all freedom will be lost. We all want peace and safety in our lives. But do we want the peace of the graveyard or the safety of the concentration camp? I don't.