• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cabela's NRA Mega Weekend

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Are you telling me that out of this list of people it couldn't be coordinated to have 1 person at Cabelas?

President: John Roshek
Vice President: Jeff Sayers
Treasurer: Jessica Roshek
Secretary: Nathan Nephew
Sergeant at Arms-non-voting: Steven Hill
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING: Christina R Florence
DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY: Nathan Nephew
Deputy Director: Shaun Crawford
EVENTS COORDINATOR: Randall D Graham
South-West Region: Ryan Ransom
North-West Region: Scott Siefertt
I see Ryan at cabela's that is One person on the List...lol

I was at the last Cabela's Event before this one, My 11 yr old & I showed at 2pm, and stayed till 9pm. then we Helped Ryan, John, and Jessica clean up at closing. Yes 9pm, I was only going to stay till 6, due to a prior commitment, but decided to stay. We also discussed whether or not to leave Material, but we knew people there where people coming the next day so we left it.

I don't know about Mike but I have a kid who has golf at Noon on Sunday till summer.
and Saturday well I had a friend/coworker who had a kidney removed, this was scheduled after I found out about the NRA weekend, but before I saw the MOC post.

Next I only see 2 maybe 3 people complaining about Leadership, but as far as I am concerned people pay membership due (which none of goes to wages) basically to help with events, materials, etc. & to be part of an organization, with certain benefits one of which is to vote in regular elections.
So when the time comes I suggest these three can cast your vote for yourselves to be Prez, Vice Prez, and treasurer. Till then Have a little respect for the Volunteers who are trying the best they can with the resources they have.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Who was the coordinator of this event?

It was a 3 day event!

NOBODY was there today.

Where is the post asking, hell, begging for somebody to be there? This is the point Mike is trying to make.

He and many others are not demanding that board members be there, but they better damn well make sure SOMEONE was there and this was not done.

I was sitting here on my ass watching my kid till I got a call from someone asking where the hell WE (MOC INC.) were.

I would have drug my lazyand my very cute kids ass's down there and maned the table if I knew no one was going to be there.

I'll say it one more time, GET ON TEAMSPEAK!

side note: I even setup a room for the board to talk in private.

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
All I have to say is I can't believe you (autosurgeon) posted such pathetic excuses. If you care what the members have to say an think make it over to teamspeak.
I know pathetic excuse like the one below, talk about Hypocrisy

mikestilly wrote:
I'm working on going but currently don't want to drive down there alone. Would like to meet up with someone and go.

The mother of all events, and what is stopping you is the fact that you don't want to ride Alone.

Give me a friggin break. you call leadership out, then publicly condemn them for not showing only one of three days of a Just but mere Cabela's meet, but can only muster enough strength for a "I'm working on going but don't wanna ride Alone? Come on and Commit! I did!

Maybe Mike Cox could give you a ride! If he is Going to the Rally.

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

dougwg wrote:

It was a 3 day event!

NOBODY was there today.

Where is the post asking, hell, begging for somebody to be there? This is the point Mike is trying to make.

He and many others are not demanding that board members be there, but they better damn well make sure SOMEONE was there and this was not done.

I was sitting here on my ass watching my kid till I got a call from someone asking where the hell WE (MOC INC.) were.

I would have drug my lazyand my very cute kids ass's down there and maned the table if I knew no one was going to be there.

Sorry peasants like me don't have teen speak, nor do I have anything desire to join in on this circus.

mikestilly

imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
All I have to say is I can't believe you (autosurgeon) posted such pathetic excuses. If you care what the members have to say an think make it over to teamspeak.
I know pathetic excuse like the one below,  talk about Hypocrisy

mikestilly wrote:
I'm working on going but currently don't want to drive down there alone. Would like to meet up with someone and go.

The mother of all events, and what is stopping you is the fact that you don't want to ride Alone.

Give me a friggin break.  you call leadership out, then publicly condemn them for not showing only one of three days of a Just but mere Cabela's meet, but can only muster enough strength for a "I'm working on going but don't wanna ride Alone? Come on and Commit! I did!

lol I know you'd like to turn this personally on me .. GO FOR IT. IF SOMEONE FROM MOC ACTUALLY ORGANIZED SOMETHING WE'D HAVE A PLAN AND KNOW WHO TO MEET WITH AND HOW TO GET THERE TOGETHER. I DIDNT SEE YOU AT GANDER MOUNTAIN OR CABELAS.. Who are you to talk??? :) Oh btw we're all on teamspeak why are you not there?

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
CrossPistols wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
I know pathetic excuse like the one below, talk about Hypocrisy

mikestilly wrote:

Give me a friggin break. you call leadership out, then publicly condemn them for not showing only one of three days of a Just but mere Cabela's meet, but can only muster enough strength for a "I'm working on going but don't wanna ride Alone? Come on and Commit! I did!

lol I know you'd like to turn this personally on me .. GO FOR IT. IF SOMEONE FROM MOC ACTUALLY ORGANIZED SOMETHING WE'D HAVE A PLAN AND KNOW WHO TO MEET WITH AND HOW TO GET THERE TOGETHER. I DIDNT SEE YOU AT GANDER MOUNTAIN OR CABELAS.. Who are you talk???
Not turning anything around, your the one who mentioned Excuses. I was at cabela's you just came on Sunday you'd know this if you would pay attention to detail, and have read my post. Besides I am not obligated by royalty, by law, by wages, and certainly not by you to show up for any meet.

G

imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
dougwg wrote:

It was a 3 day event!

NOBODY was there today.

Sorry peasants like me don't have teen speak, nor do I have anything desire to join in on this circus.
Maybe it's time to upgrade from the Commodore 64 to the TRS 80.

mikestilly

imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
CrossPistols wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
I know pathetic excuse like the one below,  talk about Hypocrisy

mikestilly wrote:

Give me a friggin break.  you call leadership out, then publicly condemn them for not showing only one of three days of a Just but mere Cabela's meet, but can only muster enough strength for a "I'm working on going but don't wanna ride Alone? Come on and Commit! I did!

lol I know you'd like to turn this personally on me .. GO FOR IT. IF SOMEONE FROM MOC ACTUALLY ORGANIZED SOMETHING WE'D HAVE A PLAN AND KNOW WHO TO MEET WITH AND HOW TO GET THERE TOGETHER. I DIDNT SEE YOU AT GANDER MOUNTAIN OR CABELAS.. Who are you talk???
Not turning anything around, your the one who mentioned Excuses. I was at cabela's you just came on Sunday you'd know this if you would pay attention to detail, and have read my post. Besides I am not obligated by royalty, by law, by wages, and certainly not by you to show up for any meet.

;) keep on bein a sargent of arms sir. Saturday I was at Gander Mountain since 10am to 12:30 volunteering my time and I also spoke in front of the packed room about open carry. I then drove from Gander Mountain on saturday to Cabela's and was there until 6pm .. Get your facts straight before make assumptions.

DOUG is the one who was F'ed when he went over there. READ THE POSTS and understand what's going on. You sir shouldn't be in a leadership position.

autosurgeon

imported post

You know unfortunately my experience on Teamspeak has been less than positive. I really don't have any desire to listen to a bunch of grown men complain. Sorry.

Also calling people out for perceived faults in planning when you had nothing to do with the planning and have no idea what has gone on with the planning is so juvenile it pains me to see it.

You all need to grow up and concentrate on the positive things that are going on and not let the perceived negatives cloud your vision.

We are getting the word out in a big way and just BC one day out of three we did not have anyone that could volunteer is no reason to come apart at the seams!

You know of late every time we do an event instead of patting ourselves on the back for doing a good job all I hear is someone complaining.

Hindsight is always 20/20 and of course after each event we can see what could have been done better but there is no need to start bashing everyone in sight as all that does is make people less enthused about volunteering again.

So chill out people :cuss:

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
You know unfortunately my experience on Teamspeak has been less than positive. I really don't have any desire to listen to a bunch of grown men complain. Sorry.

We (some) are paid founding members and you DAMN WELL BETTER listen to us.

Also calling people out for perceived faults in planning when you had nothing to do with the planning and have no idea what has gone on with the planning is so juvenile it pains me to see it.

You all need to grow up and concentrate on the positive things that are going on and not let the perceived negatives cloud your vision.

We are getting the word out in a big way and just BC one day out of three we did not have anyone that could volunteer is no reason to come apart at the seams!

You know of late every time we do an event instead of patting ourselves on the back for doing a good job all I hear is someone complaining.

Hindsight is always 20/20 and of course after each event we can see what could have been done better but there is no need to start bashing everyone in sight as all that does is make people less enthused about volunteering again.

Answer the questions I asked and we can move on.

Also, the Sgt. at arms is getting into a verbal confrontation online, maybe he needs to learn the definition of is position.

G

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
But you'll certainly listen to a whiny little girl complain about being picked on.

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

dougwg wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:

We (some) are paid founding members and you DAMN WELL BETTER listen to us.

Answer the questions I asked and we can move on.

Also, the Sgt. at arms is getting into a verbal confrontation online, maybe he needs to learn the definition of is position.
No confrontation here:), see my smiley face! I'm just replying to what he started by defending my name, and my title. I know the definition of my title, but if I were to step in he wouldn't respect it any ways. I doubt he knows, he obviously don't know it can be spelled both ways. Of course he will now Google it so as to appear to know the definition. :)