• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CADL: TO WAR!!! Calling all Pledgers!

DanM

Raggs said:
Phil, are any other gun right organizations helping out with this?

Many have been asked (including: MGO, MCRGO, GOA, NAGR).

Only MCRGO (listening, haters?) has pledged any action to date. They have pledged an amicus brief should the case be heard. Honestly, that is the best thing another gun rights organization could do, even more than giving money.

I stand with Phil in recognizing when MI gun organizations do the right things. Kudos to MCRGO and MOC, their officers and members, for the efforts on CADL vs MOC.

I'm also in agreement with a criticism that Phil alludes to. Those of you who have read the legitimate criticism of MI gun orgs here or elsewhere and turned to hating them are mistaken. The MI gun orgs do a lot that is right, too. Criticism where criticism is due, but also appreciation where it is due as well.

I wish us all the best with how CADL vs MOC goes!

Last edited:

OC4me

Having completely forgotten the $100.00 pledge, I sent in a contribution of $50.00 earlier. Thanks for the reminder, I'll make good on the other half today.

Edited to add: Done!

Last edited:
B

Bikenut

Ok... my check is in the mail...

I know what that sounds like but Yooperlady put the addressed and stamped envelope complete with check inside in the mailbox to go out this morning.

So...

Done.

griffin

Canada (Which I love with all of my heart, but come on, really, you can't defend yourself with a rubber band gun).

There's always the Department of Homeland Security weapon of choice:

scissors-open1.jpg

Ezerharden

I stand with Phil in recognizing when MI gun organizations do the right things. Kudos to MCRGO and MOC, their officers and members, for the efforts on CADL vs MOC.

I'm also in agreement with a criticism that Phil alludes to. Those of you who have read the legitimate criticism of MI gun orgs here or elsewhere and turned to hating them are mistaken. The MI gun orgs do a lot that is right, too. Criticism where criticism is due, but also appreciation where it is due as well.

I wish us all the best with how CADL vs MOC goes!

Bravo! And here I was under the impression that you thought MOC and MCRGO were the anti-christs of gun rights because they chose to support legislation that expanded those rights for the majority while failing to support the minority. Sounded like you "hated" them just as much, if not more, than others. Nice to see situational ethics in action. Reaffirms my opinion of the human species.

Last edited:

Raggs

So if someone sends you rude emails you are going to send them money? really? You are right there is a lot of crap on the forum, thankfully I don't know about half of it. Now to suggest the person doesn't like snarky emails grow a pair seems a bit uncalled for as well. A lot of the drama is caused by people having differing ideas on how to make the current situation better, both sides believe they are right which tends to make people who would normally agree on a great many things have issues with each other. Oh, BTW the person who needs to grow a pair did in fact send in his pledge, seems he does have a pair.

All of you people need to get over the issues you have with each other and focus on the the main reason we're here. There is too much crap going on with gun rights these days to worry about petty high school drama. So someone sent you rude messages before, boo hoo, grow a pair, it's life. How about we get back to not letting this country turn into Canada (Which I love with all of my heart, but come on, really, you can't defend yourself with a rubber band gun).

End Rant.

:banghead:

griffin

How is MOC doing on the legal fund donations? Taking out the duplicate names (there were 12 duplicates), between MOC, OCDO, and MGO 55 different people pledged $100. If everyone honors their pledge, that's enough to fund this SCoM response.

TheQ

How is MOC doing on the legal fund donations? Taking out the duplicate names (there were 12 duplicates), between MOC, OCDO, and MGO 55 different people pledged $100. If everyone honors their pledge, that's enough to fund this SCoM response.

You didn't count Facebook. Pledges come easy -- ponying up doesn't.

DanM

Bravo! And here I was under the impression that you thought MOC and MCRGO were the anti-christs of gun rights because they chose to support legislation that expanded those rights for the majority while failing to support the minority. Sounded like you "hated" them just as much, if not more, than others. Nice to see situational ethics in action. Reaffirms my opinion of the human species.

I appreciate your frank admission of misunderstanding, Ezerharden. My criticisms were strident attacks on an idea*, not ad hominem insults. I did get a sense that some folks were unable to comprehend, or intentionally ignoring, that distinction. I'm glad to see this realization seems to be dawning on you too.

Back to getting on topic, I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "situational ethics", but I recognize that most organizations and individuals have the potential to both make horrible mistakes and do significant good. Horrible mistakes* out to be stridently criticized, as I have done elsewhere. And significant good, such as this effort to fight CADL's evil, ought to be very vocally appreciated and encouraged. Bravo to MOC and MCRGO for making substantial contributions to the fight against CADL's evil agenda!

*Going along with criminalization of currently legal gun rights.

Last edited:

Ezerharden

I appreciate your frank admission of misunderstanding, Ezerharden. My criticisms were strident attacks on an idea*, not ad hominem insults. I did get a sense that some folks were unable to comprehend, or intentionally ignoring, that distinction. I'm glad to see this realization seems to be dawning on you too.

*Going along with criminalization of currently legal gun rights.

Just FYI, it wasn't and admission of misunderstanding, it was sarcasm, but I forgot the purple font. I have corrected that.

TheQ

Thanks to some very generous donors, we are about half way to paying for the first phase of the first phase of this SCoM case.

Last edited:

DanM

Just FYI, it wasn't and admission of misunderstanding, it was sarcasm, but I forgot the purple font. I have corrected that.

Ah, ok. Strike my first sentence, and the rest of my post stands. I criticize where due, praise where due, and there's no hatred in either. Thank you for clarifying you don't misunderstand that and was just being sarcastic about how people go way overboard on how they take my objective criticisms.

Last edited:

TheQ

We could use another $2,500-$3,000. This would completely cover our lawyer fees for the "Leave to Appeal" phase.