• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Calling for a Meeting to Vote Out Multiple Board Members of MOC

detroit_fan

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
detroit_fan wrote:
I'm really scared to ask this b/c i don't want to start a sh*tstorm, but why did the pres quit? If someone wants to send me a pm that would be cool, i'm just confused.
Does it really matter?
Well it seems to be an important matter, and as someone who wants to see MOC grow and expand i feel it would be good to know what the heck is actually going on around here. I just assumed that finding out why the leadership was leaving would be good insight as to what is going on with the org. and how to stop it from happening again.

mikestilly

imported post

detroit_fan wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
detroit_fan wrote:
I'm really scared to ask this b/c i don't want to start a sh*tstorm, but why did the pres quit? If someone wants to send me a pm that would be cool, i'm just confused.
Does it really matter?
Well it seems to be an important matter, and as someone who wants to see MOC grow and expand i feel it would be good to know what the heck is actually going on around here.  I just assumed that finding out why the leadership was leaving would be good insight as to what is going on with the org. and how to stop it from happening again.

Detroit_Fan: Us active members know exactly what is going on. If people are interested in knowing some details come jump on Teamspeak. We're all out there.

Below is the link how to setup Teamspeak.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=37395&forum_id=30&highlight=teamspeak

scot623

imported post

Guys, being this is not MOC's forum, any official requests for financials, or member totals should be done through direct email to the board. That way a paper trail has been started.

detroit_fan

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
detroit_fan wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
detroit_fan wrote:
Does it really matter?
Well it seems to be an important matter, and as someone who wants to see MOC grow and expand i feel it would be good to know what the heck is actually going on around here. I just assumed that finding out why the leadership was leaving would be good insight as to what is going on with the org. and how to stop it from happening again.

Detroit_Fan: Us active members know exactly what is going on. If people are interested in knowing some details come jump on Teamspeak. We're all out there.
Active members? So going to events and posting is not active? Sorry if i'm not active enough for you.If you guys want to be all secret and elitest go ahead. I'm sorry i tried to take an interest.I'm sorry i tried to be involved. If your goal was to drive away another member who only wanted to help where he could, good job, it worked.

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mel,

Perhaps you should politely send your request to the secretary. Threatening a lawsuit against MOC on a public forum in a thread that is so heated may not be the most fruitful method to get the info you requested.

To everyone else.

I am really disheartened to see all the bashing going on, no wonder everyone wishes to leave. MOC has grown leaps and bounds in the past year and it is amazing how far it has gotten so fast. If you disagree with an issuethen state your peace and move on, your voice was heard. Hearing the few minor "situations" that has spun this so far out of control and turned into a bash MOC message board amazes me. So what if a couple people dropped the ball a couple times, MOC is new, and so are the people at the forefront.

For those of you already planning your leave of MOC, it sounds like you have all made up your mind, feel free to leave so the rest of us can peacefully direct MOC into the future. There is no need for the bashing, name calling, and constant trolling.

I am so far out of the mainstream area's I cannot partake in events there, all I know is there is a new group starting, a new 2nd Amendment group, starting from those who are unhappy with MOC as it stands. That's fine, I am sure you will make a differience, the more the merrier in a just cause. But all this threatening, name calling, demanding of unpaid volunteers working with us to further our cause helps no one. Feel free to leave, but do so peacefully and politely.

Feel free to berate me, but the infighting must stop. If you are so unhappy, change the channel. I for one am tired of the bickering and looking for MOC to move on past this quibbling over nothing.

northofnowhere

malignity

imported post

Well, no offense guys, but I'm glad I didn't throw my $20 away.

If I wanted to watch this kind of drama, I'd just flick on the Young and the Restless or some other daytime soap opera.

If MOC plans to recruit any sort of membership from this forum, you better get your sh&t together.

I've wanted to become a paid member for a while, but I'm not joining in on this kind of crap. Ven was a great president, John was a great guy too. I don't know the circumstances, nor do I particularly care. If you keep losing membership, throwing drama around here, you're not going to get anything done. And this my friends, is exactly what the anti's (civilian and LEO) would love.

It's harder to stand alone than together.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Thats all we're asking for.

Some info, a heads up a little bit of assurance that things are getting done.

I just heard from Jeff, he needs a little time to get stuff in order which I'm fine with, we all have lives too and some times things take a few days.

G

imported post

northofnowhere wrote:
Mel,

Perhaps you should politely send your request to the secretary. Threatening a lawsuit against MOC on a public forum in a thread that is so heated may not be the most fruitful method to get the info you requested.

To everyone else.

I am really disheartened to see all the bashing going on, no wonder everyone wishes to leave. MOC has grown leaps and bounds in the past year and it is amazing how far it has gotten so fast. If you disagree with an issuethen state your peace and move on, your voice was heard. Hearing the few minor "situations" that has spun this so far out of control and turned into a bash MOC message board amazes me. So what if a couple people dropped the ball a couple times, MOC is new, and so are the people at the forefront.

For those of you already planning your leave of MOC, it sounds like you have all made up your mind, feel free to leave so the rest of us can peacefully direct MOC into the future. There is no need for the bashing, name calling, and constant trolling.

I am so far out of the mainstream area's I cannot partake in events there, all I know is there is a new group starting, a new 2nd Amendment group, starting from those who are unhappy with MOC as it stands. That's fine, I am sure you will make a differience, the more the merrier in a just cause. But all this threatening, name calling, demanding of unpaid volunteers working with us to further our cause helps no one. Feel free to leave, but do so peacefully and politely.

Feel free to berate me, but the infighting must stop. If you are so unhappy, change the channel. I for one am tired of the bickering and looking for MOC to move on past this quibbling over nothing.

northofnowhere
The secretary, we were informed by the then Vice President was asked to resign (dismissed).

Second, this information was requested from the then Vice President in a polite and private manner.

Third, it is not bashing to ask for something that is required by statute. This is not dropping the ball. This is activity that can result in the revocation of the not for profit status of the organization.

Fourth, I am not leaving MOC. I am a paid member of MOC. I have a canceled check proving that. As such it is my duty as a member to question the leadership when I see that an impropriety has occurred. I attempted to do this privately and was not presented with any answer whatsoever. There is a whole lot more to this that needs to brought to the attention of the entire membership. If the leadership is unwilling to do this voluntarily then extraordinary measures are necessary to protect the integrity of the organization.

In conclusion, I am not changing the channel. I'm turning up the volume. If you are content to see this organization fail because of the secrecy and cover up of the continued misfeasance of the board, then so be it. But about 103 members as of December 2009 (based on the last known figures because that's how long since the records of the corporation have sat dormant) are entitled to know where the money is and how the board is operating. They have been asked nicely. It has not worked.

Insofar as making demands on unpaid volunteers working for the cause goes, statutory compliance is all that is being asked. No body is above the law. Not even you.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Well, I hope the four of you are happy. Personal attacks at a volunteer board is very mature. You want everything now like a bunch of kids. Some are just troll-like ready to stir up the pot and some others are taking out a personal vendetta because of some perceived slight.

It's hard enough to herd all you cats and to do it with no financial compensation is, frankly not worth the effort. None of you have any idea of the time involved and all the little fires that are controlled and addressed behind the scenes.

You all seem to forget that all the board members work full-time jobs with families and other activities other than MOC. I certainly didn't see a landslide of candidates for the two Board positions in November or the open treasurer position. I and didn't see a slew of people offering to be VP when I resigned. It's so easy to complain and criticizes when you are safely behind your keyboards.

You all say you want to help MOC move forward, etc., but bitching about it on a forum that isn't even connected with MOC and airing all your complaints without first trying to resolve them via emails is hypocrisy at it's best. I for one hope that you finally get the board you all deserve and will finally be satisfied and I wont have to read any more of your bitching and moaning on this forum.

John did an outstanding job as president, moving MOC forward and in positive ways, but it wasn't enough for some. It's really too bad because 98% of the members were fine with John's leadership.

As for those that are part of the problem and not part of the solution you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
First, there is no secretary to send the request to. The secretary, we were informed by the then Vice President was asked to resign (dismissed).
Well as of tonight MOC still has a Secretary. He has not resigned nor been dismissed. If he is or does then the Board will be made up of members that were not elected by the membership and what a shame that is.

G

imported post

Venator wrote:
Well, I hope the four of you are happy. Personal attacks at a volunteer board is very mature. You want everything now like a bunch of kids. Some are just troll-like ready to stir up the pot and some others are taking out a personal vendetta because of some perceived slight.

It's hard enough to herd all you cats and to do it with no financial compensation is, frankly not worth the effort. None of you have any idea of the time involved and all the little fires that are controlled and addressed behind the scenes.

You all seem to forget that all the board members work full-time jobs with families and other activities other than MOC. I certainly didn't see a landslide of candidates for the two Board positions in November or the open treasurer position. I and didn't see a slew of people offering to be VP when I resigned. It's so easy to complain and criticizes when you are safely behind your keyboards.

You all say you want to help MOC move forward, etc., but bitching about it on a forum that isn't even connected with MOC and airing all your complaints without first trying to resolve them via emails is hypocrisy at it's best. I for one hope that you finally get the board you all deserve and will finally be satisfied and I wont have to read any more of your bitching and moaning on this forum.

John did an outstanding job as president, moving MOC forward and in positive ways, but it wasn't enough for some. It's really too bad because 98% of the members were fine with John's leadership.

As for those that are part of the problem and not part of the solution you should all be ashamed of yourselves.
Hmmm

Did John inherit accurate complete records with which to meet the statutory requirements?

If nothing has been done since December 2009, I would think not.

How much work does it take to compile this information?

Has the organization been growing by such numbers that there was no way to keep up with it?

Did the board ask for help?

This is not something that just popped up. It appears to be an ongoing issue.

What is your role in it?

Does this have anything to do with the reason that you quit?

Is there even more to this that is being concealed?

sprinklerguy28

imported post

As Scot623 pointed out if you have a request for membership numbers and financial status send an email to treasurer@miopencarry.org. Per the bylaws of MOC the treasurer is in charge of the financials and is the Director of Membership. So the status of the current secretary is irrelevant as both questions are the duty of the treasurer.