• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can a police officer lawfully order someone to enter their home if they are outside?

Jeff Hayes

Atlhough I have zero respect for agents of the state, I would help another human being in trouble, even ones wearing funny costumes and badges.

I have been abused way too many times to ever help a cop, I have seen cops abuse to may other people to ever help. Cops have lied to me to many times to ever help one.

Grim_Night

This case is a good example of why I never help cops. If I see a cop being shot or beaten to death, I will remove myself from the situation and live my life. I have been screwed over many times and there's just too many bad cops out there to risk ever putting myself out there. My responsibility is to myself and my family. Cops can call for backup and are immune from liability, even when they murder while on the job.

With my recent experience regarding cops, I'm fairly certain that even if I were to come to the aid of a police officer in trouble, I would more then likely just be charged with some crime for my trouble.

twoskinsonemanns

Do to the frequency with which the pigs murder American citizens your laughter is revolting.
And its due.... Just like your and you're are different. :D
Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

And that's why your a good guy. (Being serious).

I've been bit too many times to want to save that dog from drowning. I understand your feelings and I agree with your point of view much/most of the time, but this time, it would really depend on my mood as to whether I decided to help out one of the state's gang members.

You're*

Your = ownership

You're = a contraction of the words you are.

Thanks for that Primus. Made me smile a bit.

wimwag

With my recent experience regarding cops, I'm fairly certain that even if I were to come to the aid of a police officer in trouble, I would more then likely just be charged with some crime for my trouble.

Or murdered for a perceived blow to officer friendly's ego.

sudden valley gunner

And that's why your a good guy. (Being serious).

Thank you.

I have been abused way too many times to ever help a cop, I have seen cops abuse to may other people to ever help. Cops have lied to me to many times to ever help one.

I understand, I have too. I don't blame others and understand how they feel.

If it was a human life in danger I still would intervene. I'm a sucker that way.....:p

Primus

hey my love....

"Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took the exam in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training.

Most Cops Just Above Normal The average score nationally for police officers is 21 to 22, the equivalent of an IQ of 104, or just a little above average."

Thanks for thanks for the shout out I appreciate it. ;):lol:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I would help another human being in trouble.........

.........I don't blame others and understand how they feel. for those who would just stand by and observe

If it was a human life in danger I still would intervene. I'm a sucker that way.....:p

Like SVG, I go to the gunfire, not away from it. Not every LEO is a bad guy. I will see the good in a person(but I will still have a plan to kill you) when they approach me. If others are in need, I tend to volunteer.

My Sweet Baboo and I came upon a drunk who had just driven his little dune buggy up a pole. I followed him as he tried to escape on foot. I herded him back to his vehicle and he got back in the drivers seat. The LEOs had gotten there and one attempted to get him out of the vehicle. The BG had a hundred pounds on the LEO and was at least a foot taller. As he struggled with the drunk I asked if he needed any help. "I got this, I'm OK" he said. I felt kind of silly standing there, two feet away, watching him get pummeled. Eventually another LEO showed and helped him.

OC for ME

Emulate some cops...call 9-11, request a supervisor, and be a good witness.

Or...help the guy out.

Tough choice knowing how responding cops are loath to observe and then act. All they know is "cop in trouble" and it's "Danged the torpedoes, full speed ahead." And my personal favorite "There are no friendly civilians."

Primus

Emulate some cops...call 9-11, request a supervisor, and be a good witness.

Or...help the guy out.

Tough choice knowing how responding cops are loath to observe and then act. All they know is "cop in trouble" and it's "Danged the torpedoes, full speed ahead." And my personal favorite "There are no friendly civilians."
Lol