• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can i legally buy/posses gun? WA state

zaitz

Banned
to lose your right to carry or possess, you would need to have been convicted of a felony or of a domestic violence or to have been found mentally unstable enough to require some commitment.

It sounds like your felony charge was dismissed and that you pled to a misdemeanor . . . IF that is the case, and IF there is nothing else surprising you have not mentioned, you probably can purchase a gun, but I am not a lawyer and not making you any promises. One other way to "lose" the right to have a gun, temporarily, is to be charged with certain crimes and be before trial or decision . . .

Difdi

Third the 4473 asked about addiction to "illegal" drugs.

This. The federal government lacks the authority under the 21st amendment to flatly prohibit any drug nationally, they only have the power to criminalize smuggling of drugs into states that do have prohibitory laws. At the moment, the only marijuana that is illegal in Washington is that which is untaxed or that which is smuggled in across state borders.

solus