• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can I still carry???

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

A few months ago Dan and I met up at a local hookah bar and shot the breeze. That's about all he's shooting these days. He was looking at a couple of legal options, but decided to lay low for the time being. He feels he just can't afford (in both senses of the word) any more legal problems right now, and I had to agree with him. It seems ironic that his worst legal mess had nothing to do with OC. I hope he'll be back, but I don't expect that any time soon.

I may try calling him in the next week or so just to see what's up. Will let you all know of any developments.

fully_armed_biker

imported post

It was Dan's run in with the Norfolk police that got my attention about open carry. I remember seing the story on WAVY. I started doing some research into OC, oddly enough NEVER found this sight while doing it; but, did findVCDL. Finally earlier this year I started OCing. I found thissite in a linkin a story I was reading about the guyOCing with his AR15at one ofOSAMABAMA's town hall meetings. I started reading and knew immediately I had found a new home! In a way...I have Dan to thank for that!

Thank you Dan!!!

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

fully_armed_biker wrote:
It was Dan's run in with the Norfolk police that got my attention about open carry. I found thissite in a linkin a story I was reading about the guyOCing with his AR15at one ofOSAMABAMA's town hall meetings. I started reading and knew immediately I had found a new home! In a way...I have Dan to thank for that!

Thank you Dan!!!
When Obama won, Dan texted me, saying he had "never felt so sick about something [he]couldn't control". He understood that our civil rights were more important than racial politics and all the pettiness that represents. I have tremendous respect for that man. We all should.

Bullbuster

imported post

Its a crying shame what has happened and become of Dan. He is a man in a position to have a heavy voice for 2nd amendment rights, yet those very rights of his are being stripped away because some can't see him for who he is and what he can bring to the table. They fear him rather than stand by him. I can't even imagine what feelings he has felt and the emotional distress that's come his way.

I remember the first time I metDan at a VCDL picnic 2 years ago. Sense then he has been beat down in every way over his views and actions. By the media and a disgruntled few here with there own agenda. Some think he does what he does for the attention and possible money to be had. I just can't understand how all these things seem to happen to him. Is it just bad luck, karma or a vendetta against him?

To me its seems that after his first court victory a few people set out to get him and have stopped at nothing to make him pay. All I know of his happenings is what I have read here and in the press. As well as what he has posted. We all are judged in the end and by some who see only there own views of things. I have seen and received that first hand here myself.

Until everything is made public by Dan on here or by means of his choosing I will support him and back him till the very end. We are all brothers (no pun intended) in arms here. We all must rally in support of our efforts not in opposition of our and others efforts.

I really hope that Dan makes it through these rough times and is for the most part unscathed in the end. If it was me I would probably have given up and taken it up the tailpipe by now.

I watch and wait for an update on his situation both legal and mental well being as all this is draining both financially and emotionally. I pray for you Dan that you make it through all this in one piece and can come back strong to the cause and be a voice once again.

darthmord

imported post

One does not need to carry to be a supporter of the cause. He was and is one of us.

As fas as I am concerned, his voice is always welcome. Much can be learned / taught from all of his (and our collective) experiences.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Parenthetically, I just read the story today under "Hot Topics" about "Jizzzle", one of our own, who successfully sued the Alamogordo police for $21K. A link in that news story was about Dan's successful lawsuit against Norfolk a year ago. Dan was one of the first to make such a successful (and stressful) move against police misconduct, and his work, as well as Chet's and Jizzzle's will make all of us stronger and safer, since legal precedent has continued to mount up on our side.

Slowly but surely. :cool: