• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can the Government limit the number of firearms you may own? Is this a 2nd A issue?

sudden valley gunner

+1

Truly the mindset of the people is that all things are within the authority of government and so, all political thought originates from this attitude of subjugation. I find this attitude is now prevelent in the "legal" profession as well.

+1 At least with a monarchy there was no illusion of it not being an us vs. them.

OC for ME

Latin quod erat demonstrandum, originating from the Greek analogous hóper édei deîxai (ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι), meaning "which had to be demonstrated". The phrase is traditionally placed in its abbreviated form at the end of a philosophical argument.

You have to read for education. The paradox is in the undefined number required to make an armory or a heap and the induction of remove one and is it still an armory? Remove two, is it still an armory? Remove all but ten, is it still an armory? Remove the next to the last, is it still an armory? That leads easily to an (mathematical) infinite sum and proof by reductio ad absurdum.
I have a few unliterate cousins who are far more educated than those who consider themselves extremely learned.

"Education" snobs....

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - MT"