• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can You Keep a Rifle In Your Vehicle?

NHCGRPR45

Interesting.

So I could attach a case to the bottom of the seat and work some securing straps into it so the rifle doesn't rattle around.

Then, if stopped and taking long range fire, I could access step out of the truth, access the crew cab area, flip up the seat open the case, grab the rifle, load a magazine, chamber a round, and be in a position to return fire.

Excellent. I happened to live in DC during the sniper fiasco. It was very nerve wracking and a pistol would not offer a lot of comfort in that situation.

As to the corrosion thing, if i was going to take things to the level of carrying a rifle in the truck I would probably pay to have it sent out to Fail Zero and have it Nickel Boron coated. That way rust would never be an issue and you wouldn't even need to lube the gun.

It also would probably be an LMT AR-15 chambered in .308.

i would have it coated in dura-cote, IMO its a better way to go, and maybe cheaper also, and its something you could easily do at home. i have coated several of myt firearms with it and really love it. and i did all of them at home. and the best part is you never have to send your firearm anywhere, and you csan use and fire it the next day! its super easy to apply, if you can spray paint a chair you can dura-cote a gun its that easy. :lol: