• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying at the beach

Lezchap

imported post

fridaddy wrote:
Re Federal lands: new Fed Regulation takes effect next month conforming federal land weapon possession to that allowed by state law, with some exceptions. Carry will be allowed in National parks and national forest in conformance with state law.
Source?

Gray Rider

imported post

On canoe tripsa Pelican #1020 carries a NNA Guardian and a Pelican #1060 carries a Kahr PM9.

I attach 2 zip ties and use a Cabela's binocular harness if I want it attached to my body. It's not exactly a fast-draw rig, but faster than leaving the gun in my truck.

fridaddy

imported post

rmodel65 wrote:
i believe that is only for national parks
Nope. here is a link to the new regulation.

http://www.doi.gov/issues/Final Rule.pdf

It only applies to conform rules with the state rules regarding concealed carry. Nothing in the language indicates that it would allow open carry in conformity with state law. It applies to all federal forest, parks and some other properties. It does not apply to buildings in the park or forest.

THIS POST IS NOT INTENDED TO PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE AND NO ATTORNEY CLIENT RELATIONSHIP IS INTENDED OR IMPLIED.

Digi

imported post

Hey guys, I just found this site today and was so excited when I started reading that I had to register. I have the perfect place to do this. It's called Jetty Park, http://www.jettypark.org. "Featuring a 4.5 acre beach, 1,200 foot fishing pier, 150 campsites, pavillions and picnic tables, tackle shop and everything to entertain you and your family." This place is awesome. No fishing license is necessary, you can consume alcohol anywhere in the park and it only cost $5 to park your car. Camping would be extra of course. What do you all think?