• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying in a vehicle in Fla.?

brboyer

imported post

Pops wrote:
I have carried a loaded hand gun in Florida in the glove box for 28 years as a traveling sub contractor and been stopped by all different types oflaw enforcement from city cops, countysheriff's and state troopers, allthey ask thatyou inform them of the presentsof the firearm and it's location. BTW I do not have a concealed permit.
You understand that you are under no obligation to tell them anything.

stormchaser03

imported post

ok, i am new here, but i have traveled from ky to fl for a long time,

i have a ky ccw, i carry my loaded gun in a holster on my belt,

the only time i take it out of my holster is when i stop at a rest area

in ga and go into the restroom,if i just get out to walk around a little

my gun stays holstered on my belt because ga.is open carry state.

when i do get to fl i make sure my loaded holsted gun is under

my shirt concelled,even in rest area's.here is a link that shows

where i am leagal in fl.carring in a rest area.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/florida.pdf

freedomtofascism

imported post

Carry in vehicles? I am a former deputy in Santa Rosa Co. Fl

If you read the statutes to be charged with concealed carry it clearly states that

1. Firearm must be concealed from plain sight .

2. Firearm must be redily accessible.

So without going into to the holstered unholstered loaded unloaded issues I will simply tell you what is lawful in Floriduh.

You may have your arms loaded unholstered lying on you passenger seat in plain sight,or loaded in your glove box, but not under you leg ,or driver seat as this is readily accessible and not in plain sight. Remember two items must be met before a charge can be levied against you. So I place mine unholstered in the passenger seat. I have been stopped by the local fuzz and they will take the gun untill the stop is complete and return it when done . No issues really. We need open carry here. Thanks for all the effort. Go to www.restoretherepublic.net to network with other freedom lovers . You can reach me with question at my email philsndy@gmail.com

Respectfully in truth and liberty,

Phillip Sandy-Patriot and one of the People of the Preamble and the Sovereign spoken of in Yick Wo v. Hopkins US 118.356 "The source of the law and not subject to it."

stormchaser03

imported post

freedomtofascism wrote:

If you read the statutes to be charged with concealed carry it clearly states that

So without going into to the holstered unholstered loaded unloaded issues I will simply tell you what is lawful in Floriduh.

You may have your arms loaded unholstered lying on you passenger seat in plain sight,or loaded in your glove box, but not under you leg ,or driver seat as this is readily accessible and not in plain sight. Remember two items must be met before a charge can be levied against you. So I place mine unholstered in the passenger seat. I have been stopped by the local fuzz and they will take the gun untill the stop is complete and return it when done . No issues really. We need open carry here. Thanks for all the effort. Go to http://www.restoretherepublic.net to network with other freedom lovers . You can reach me with question at my email philsndy@gmail.com

Phillip Sandy-Patriot and one of the People of the Preamble and the Sovereign spoken of in Yick Wo v. Hopkins US 118.356 "The source of the law and not subject to it."
great timming,i just got back from daytona yesterday:)the only thing i did differant

on this trip was,i put my unholstered gun in the center console of my truck while driving,reason being i have been having back problems lately and it was hurting

and it was making driving uncomfortable,otherwise it was holstered on my belt

and covered with my shirt.i really do feel sorry for the gun owners in fl.maybe it's

time to start a tea party for gun owners there,i would like to ask you a question,

let's say you are still active duty,it's 1am, doing nothing wrong you pull me over

for having an unknown to me tail light out, you light me up to pull me over, at

that point i turn on my interior light,pull over and stop, i put my window down,

as you are asking me if i know why you are pulling me over (which i don't) and

asking me for lic,reg,proof of ins. i advise you that i hold a ky ccw and that i am

carring a holstered loaded weapon on my belt,now with all the cop gut feelings

that you have you feel that me nor my wife is no threat to you, what do you do

from there.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

stormchaser03 wrote:
freedomtofascism wrote:

You may have your arms loaded unholstered lying on you passenger seat in plain sight,or loaded in your glove box, but not under you leg ,or driver seat as this is readily accessible and not in plain sight. Remember two items must be met before a charge can be levied against you. So I place mine unholstered in the passenger seat. I have been stopped by the local fuzz and they will take the gun untill the stop is complete and return it when done . No issues really. We need open carry here. Thanks for all the effort. Go to http://www.restoretherepublic.net to network with other freedom lovers . You can reach me with question at my email philsndy@gmail.com

great timming,i just got back from daytona yesterday:)the only thing i did differant

on this trip was,i put my unholstered gun in the center console of my truck while driving,reason being i have been having back problems lately and it was hurting

and it was making driving uncomfortable,otherwise it was holstered on my belt

and covered with my shirt.i really do feel sorry for the gun owners in fl.maybe it's

time to start a tea party for gun owners there,i would like to ask you a question,

let's say you are still active duty,it's 1am, doing nothing wrong you pull me over

for having an unknown to me tail light out, you light me up to pull me over, at

that point i turn on my interior light,pull over and stop, i put my window down,

as you are asking me if i know why you are pulling me over (which i don't) and

asking me for lic,reg,proof of ins. i advise you that i hold a ky ccw and that i am

carring a holstered loaded weapon on my belt,now with all the cop gut feelings

that you have you feel that me nor my wife is no threat to you, what do you do

from there.
Where is this going? A hypothetical, non-relevant question if someone were still in that position? Are you leading him for a reason?

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

stormchaser03 wrote:
and you decided to jump in after 3 page's for ? "A hypothetical" duh, ya
Did I violate your page rule or sense of misdirection?

Yata hey

freedomtofascism

imported post

well stormy I am not a big fan of the police in the first place,even though I was a deputy at one time. My reasons are many ,but manily because I saw what should be the common law job of police MAN not officer as becoming a revenue agent for the banking elite. That being said ,in the particular situation were you to tell me this I would ask to see said weapon and ccw permit .I would run both on NCIC and you for 10-28 and 10-29 wants and warrants. If all comes back I'd send you on your way and advise you to fix yer tail light. I wouldn't make a point of rolling down my window ,because when you do that you contract/joinder with said officer unknowingly. Never ever ever talk to the police ever! They are not your friend and any attorney will tell you the same. You do not have to mention you are armed. Its none of thier business and it will show on the (MCT) mobile computer terminal anyway. Unless they mention it say nothing. If they ask "Sir do you know why I pulled you over ?" Say I respectfully decline to answer that question. Be polite but always answer in that format if you know what's good for you. REMEMBER THEY ARE REVENUE AGENTS!

Hope this helps

Phillip Sandy-Patriot and one of the People of the Preamble and the Sovereign spoken of in Yick Wo v. Hopkins US 118.356

"The source of the law and not subject to it."

stuckinchico

imported post

turbodog wrote:
squid8286 wrote:
Thanks for the replies, folks. In this case, state law is that it can be carried LOADED in a vehicle, but must be concealed (glove box, zippered backsack, console etc?) Still just a little confused. Sorry. State law would apply first, correct?

Well, since the Federal law say this: "Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof...."

The Federal law would trump any state or local law, meaning it is illegal to carry a loaded firearm across state lines whether you have a permit or not.
So what ur saying before u get to state line..... Unload and seperate as soon as ur over the line stop and reload ??

freedomtofascism

imported post

That is incorrect sir . This is how the heirachy of governmental structure works ,in other words who is the top boss and on down from there., and the Feds need to be reminded of their servant position. To be sovereign means to be the kings/Queens w/o subjects to rule over.

I reserve the right to govern myself!

Send me an email and I will send you legal docs to assist you in delcaring your sovereignty at no cost,so long as you pass it alonng to others for free.

Philsndy@gmail.com

I am a freeman-on -the -land !!!

1. You the Sovereign American National see the Supremem Court case of Yick Wo v. Hopkis US 118.356. Sovereigns are the source of all law and not subject to it.

2. The local city govt.

3. County govt.

4. State govt. and last of the list is ...drum roll...

5. The Federal govt.

freedomtofascism

imported post

The typed word leaves much to be desired doesn't it?

As a sovereign ,state laws do not apply to me anyway, they only apply to those who consent to them as statutes,acts ,ordinances ect are not law,they are enforced under the color of law. One needs to declare their sovereignty to apply it which requires an affidavit of truth and a few other docs to be filed and recorded with your county. Se yick Wo v. Hopkins US 118.356

Justice Matthews says it best when he states that sovereigns are the source of the law and are not subject to it, and sovereignty remains with the people." Paraphrased of course.

Phillip Sandy-Patriot and one of the People of the Preamble and the Sovereign spoken of in Yick Wo v. Hopkins US 118.356

I reserve the right to goven myself !!!