• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"castle doctrine" self defense bill introduced in WI Assembly

phred

I'm trying to follow that train of thought.

So, I have the right to self defense.

To take a human life is illegal, so do to so as a measure of justifiable self-defense, is 'privileged'?

Ya know, that does make some sense.

I have the right of self-defense. I don't have to right to kill a person. To kill a person as a measure of self-defense is a privilege. A justifiable privilage.

I am not sold on it though. Against the back drop of the laws of our nation, a woman has the right to kill her unborn child, but to kill a person that presents great harm to her is a privilege?

In bold is the right idea. I know it sounds a bit twisted. I sent you an email with attachments to read.