• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Castle Doctrine Self-Defense Bill to be Considered on Thursday!

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

gunguy2009 wrote:
Did this go through yet? or are they still discussing it?

It looks like it will come out of committee. From watching the hearing, it seems likely they will put in protection from lawsuits. It also appears "unlawful activities"
will be replaced with "criminal activities."

Milwaukee's Flynn, even though the bill doesn't allow the self defense presumption in the case of unlawful (criminal) activities occurring, began wailing about the bad guys shooting cops serving no knock search warrants, and then using the protections in this bill to avoid prosecution.

Guess it's kinda hard to find time toread a couple of pages of legislation when you are a busy busy philander.

M

McX

imported post

so the bottom line is no real castle doctrine this year?

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Flipper wrote:
gunguy2009 wrote:
Did this go through yet? or are they still discussing it?

It looks like it will come out of committee. From watching the hearing, it seems likely they will put in protection from lawsuits. It also appears "unlawful activities"
will be replaced with "criminal activities."

Milwaukee's Flynn, even though the bill doesn't allow the self defense presumption in the case of unlawful (criminal) activities occurring, began wailing about the bad guys shooting cops serving no knock search warrants, and then using the protections in this bill to avoid prosecution.

Guess it's kinda hard to find time toread a couple of pages of legislation when you are a busy busy philander.

Were you at this hearing? I wanted to go but had to take my 2 year old somewhere at the same time.

Sounds like they might rewrite it better!

M

McX

imported post

from what i was told, it's the rule; retreat, retreat, retreat. damn shame if you have to do that in your own home, or place of business. plus the extra goodies; no lethal force against crimes of theft, or if threat moves away-breaks off. but rules is rules, and i don't want to end up in the same cell as the badguy, so i abide.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

McX wrote:
from what i was told, it's the rule; retreat, retreat, retreat. damn shame if you have to do that in your own home, or place of business. plus the extra goodies; no lethal force against crimes of theft, or if threat moves away-breaks off. but rules is rules, and i don't want to end up in the same cell as the badguy, so i abide.
Yeah, but he was going to throw your toaster at you...so you had to defend yourself
or, he was going to stab me with the big butcher knife he was attempting to steal..so I defended myself. lot's of ways around the retreat & property clause. Just make sure that BIG steak knife of yours he was attempting to kill you with is still in his hands when the cops show up.:cool:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Right now "self defense" rests entirely in the eye of the district attorney...who maywant to send a message to the community.

In the last declared Dane County self-defenseshooting, which occurred in a very wealthy area not so far from anot so nice area, the prep supposelywas found lying with ashot gun wound to the back of his headat the door he used to gain access to the home.:lol: