• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCW in a School Zone

Makarov

Thanks for everyone’s input on this matter. The child mentioned in this story has transferred schools, so this issue has really become a mute point. The real issue though is the language of this law. The language should be changed to reflect clarity that will leave no doubt in anyone’s mind what it says. So let’s use this as a learning experience and notify our state reps to change this law for the better.

New Law proposal: Anyone with a license to carry a concealed weapon is exempt from 18 U.S.C. § 922: US Code - Section 922: Unlawful acts and ORC 2923.122 Illegal conveyance or possession of deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance or of object indistinguishable from firearm in school safety zone.

A person with a license to carry a concealed weapon may enter school zones, buildings, day care centers and all related school owned property. Any attempt to prevent a licensed person from exercising this right, that person or person(s)will be guilty of a felony in the 4th degree.

I think this says it all!

Last edited: