• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ceasefire NJ Director expresses alarm at success of OpenCarry.org

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I like the America this blogger describes: Good Americans armed; and not afraid of criminals or the government, or is that saying the same thing twice?

Basic Guy

imported post

30 years ago was the last time I humped a ruck as a US Marine Infantryman - but nobody ever called me a "shock troop" back then. I don't know how I got that tag now.

Actually, I just had a twisted idea. I'm not sure I could stomach it but I'm thinking to get an "Obama" T-shirt to wear the next time I OC in Albuquerque.I can just imagine the number of liberals who would see that and go into mental meltdown trying to add those two together.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

I love how they push the 'gun lobby' as some huge industrial machine solely to gouge people for their money...

Alexcabbie

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
I love how they push the 'gun lobby' as some huge industrial machine solely to gouge people for their money...
Speaking of which, I just recieved a telephone call at about 8:30 PM the other night from some guy at NRA HQ. He wanted to renew my membership over the phone. I (rather tartly) informed him that I would reup, on line and at my convenience. :cuss:

ProguninTN

imported post

WheelGun wrote:
Why can't they just come out and say it...

"Hey, you open carry guys, aren't you taking this 'Constitution' thing a bit too far?"
It's because they do not want people to know that open carry is constitutionally protected. (The word 'concealed' does not appear in the document. Therefore, we bear arms as we see fit.)

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Mike wrote:
Remember, the NRA and its colleagues are the same people who almost succeeded last month in gaining federal legislation to force our state to allow out-of-state holders of permits to carry concealed guns, including assault guns, to do so in New Jersey. And, these are the same people who support the carrying of concealed guns in bars and restaurants, even churches, and have opposed requiring all purchasers of guns to pass background checks.
Which gold state has carry permits for assault weapons? I though only
Obama's brown shirts could approve them, and didn't know they came with
carry permits even then.
How could he forget fitness centers, and schools.....:what:

Although I myself was a little weary of needing to recognize the NJ permits
as only crooks can get them.

At the rate they are going there will not be enough room to put all our
EVIL labels on a shirt. 200 days in, and we are terrorists, brown shirts,
shock troops, paid thugs, stupid criminals, bible thumppers, red necks,
white sheet racists, (holocaust deniers now I guess also), O'reiley books owners....
Have we been called drunks yet? I am forgetting some I am sure,
would help if I could stomach the MSM news, but I can't take it anymore.

I guess since I get under peoples skin and aggravate them, and speak 6
different calibers, I get to be C3PO.:banghead::banghead: Now I'll need a 'Gold dessert eagle'

stephpd

imported post

Bryan Miller is the lone voice of a non existent organization. Ceasefire NJ doesn't even exist anymore. The NJ AG's office has the only thing close to this title with Operation Ceasefire NJ. And they haven't done anything at all this year with it. Just a way to tax the law abiding and disregard the Constitution.

http://www.nj.gov/oag/ceasefire/

So this place and others like it that advocate open carry are part of the NRA and gun Lobby? Where's my check?

Last I looked, all the Gun lobby organizations have come out against these demonstrations and are active in denouncing open carry (except GAO). Seems they can make any money regulating a protected right. They aren't active in any part of the OC movement.

This is truly a grassroots movement with no big money supporters.