• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Challenge of the GCA,NFA and Hughes amendment in place DONATE TO THE CAUSE

WalkingWolf

Stephen Stamboulieh said:
I remember filling out some Web form. I can't remember who I sent it to. It was a couple of days later. Basically, I was just asking what statute he can carry under. I honestly wanted to know. One of the things I'm very interested in is firearms laws. I'm a law student. What gives him the authority to carry a gun? Is it a letter that says his life is in danger?

http://www.jacksonfreepress.com/news/2006/nov/21/jfp-exclusive-meet-witness-stephen-stamboulieh/

Stephen Stamboulieh in a firearms case AS A WITNESS against a person carrying a firearm, after he reported him.

MWS

http://www.jacksonfreepress.com/news/2006/nov/21/jfp-exclusive-meet-witness-stephen-stamboulieh/

Stephen Stamboulieh in a firearms case AS A WITNESS against a person carrying a firearm, after he reported him.

as you have selective reading skills I will elaborate.

The politician "THE MAYOR", was breaking the laws and the federal laws by carrying on a school campus.

Stephen asked for clarification of the laws and why he was not allowed to carry with a permit why he was not afforded the same rights and was scuff off as an idiot by the detective he asked about the issue.

the AG contacted him about the issue after filed a question about the issue.

He stood up for his rights which were not being applied fairly to THE MAYOR.

Equal rights under the law.

Looks like he has proved his love for the 2nd in the last 8 years since then and he was a gun guy with CCW at the time too imagine that.

Instead of putting the liberal spin on something trying to make him out to be against the right to carry, please learn to read. This was the same issue we had earlier with my clarification of my post.

:banghead:

Last edited:

solus

ian, for having stated you have no affilation w/said MS attorney, you seem to speak quite clearly about the attorney's motivation(s) both present and past.

this coupled w/the fact you profess to deal w/nfa products and again said attorney is collecting money to correct some nfa regulatory injustice does not bode well IMHO.

i am beginning to suspect you managed to see low hanging fruit and are pushing this agenda while denying it all the way to the ...

ipse

solus

I'm Irish.... I don't stay on the wagon very long. :D

y'al know ~ i might just drink to that concept...if i can keep the pink MO jackarses to hold the wagon steady long enough to crack the bottle's seal...

ipse

JohnC76

I applaud the efforts..but as a Libertarian, I don't see its need.

The RKBA includes the types that are the subject matter of the suit; its a natural right.

As a right, any laws passed are de facto void.

These laws can be better addressed in a jury box, through jury nullification.

Laws that are nullified in this manner are better pounded into the dirt than any court decision as these decisions can change.

Rights are not subject to a vote, even by members of the gov't who wear robes.

I had considered filing suits in respect to various aspects of gun control but believe that these efforts would, in essence, state that the gov't can regulate the RKBA because I am seeking government redress of laws that conflict with our rights. Does that make sense?

Does that mean that people will be put in jail over these laws? You bet. But gov't tyranny is nothing new in human history. Welcome to life. Life is not fair, ask people who got ebola. Life has an equal opportunity to be fair and unfair.

That's a recipe for Federal prison time. :uhoh:

You'd need to have like-minded folks seated on the jury who understand the constitution and 2A specifically as originally intended by the founders for that to work. I hate to break it to you, but according to who's on the jury, you'd stand a huge chance of losing. I would rather fight it through the courts and politically through legislation.

I consider myself a Libertarian, but I never expect the law or people to be on my side, so I know better than to stick my neck out on a personal crusade to change law through civil dissonance.

Civil disobedience in mass is an absolute (next to) lass resort (because we all know what the absolute last resort is) after all other peaceful avenues have been exhausted.

JohnC76

MWS,

Normal pro-2A folks with good reading comprehension would understand why you posted this. :uhoh:

Why wouldn't anyone want to spread the news of a pro-2A lawsuit that has the potential of restoring rights we have lost of years past?

Heck, I posted in on Facebook, Twitter and about 7 forums, 3 of which were car forums. A couple of them, I had a very low post count, but no one attacked me as you've been here. They were supportive and even thanked me in some cases. :cool:

But what you have come up against in this thread is a bunch of bored, grumpy, territorial folks who base everything on post count, totally ignoring the cause and value of this 2A fight. Nothing you say here will get them to focus on anything else but your post count and conspiracies of why a n00b came here posting up a pro-2A lawsuit and GoFundMe. It is what it is, so I wouldn't waste anymore of your time arguing with idiots. Ignore the antagonists who just want to argue and respond to those who want to have a civil discussion on this legal battle. That's my advise if you even want to continue posting in such a hostile atmosphere. :cool:

I'll say this and move on...

Folks, I stand up for your OC rights even though I don't OC in public. I support all 2A rights. The least you could do is have an open mind, return the favor and help out fellow pro-2A gun owners. We're asking as fellow pro-2A gun owners, please help us in this legal battle if you have the means and really are for full second amendment rights as originally intended by our founders. Even if it is just telling a pro-2a friend or sharing in on FB, Twitter, or other forums. We need to get the word out on this one and put up the strongest fight against the NFA as we possible can!

Thanks to those here who are supportive of the effort to expand 2A rights and don't attack fellow pro-2A gun owners just trying to spread the gun rights information so everyone can be informed and have a chance to help in the fight who want to participate.

Disclaimer: I do not personally know MWS or the Lawyer fighting this battle. I am just a member of a ton of forums, AR15.com included, where I found the thread on this Form 1 Trust issue that sparked this legal fight. I want all 2A rights restored to law abiding gun owners, MG's, included, without being taxed and having a registration of so called NFA items. This is a step in that direction and I wanted to be in the fight, help spread the news and support it in every way possible.

That is all. Carry On! :cool:

(This post was brought to you by no sleep, and copious amounts of caffeine and sugar!)

Last edited:

Lohe

Wow you guys here realy do have selective reading skills. And figure a gun forum would be in Suport of some one trying to restore our gun rights getting any rights back is a step in the correct direction.

As for the lawyer he is very pro 2a and actually can also be found here in the Missippi section.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ice-tells-police-to-leave-open-carriers-alone

He helped draft the law to make open carry leagal for crying out loud!

http://www.guns.com/2013/07/01/judge-grants-injunction-blocks-open-carry-in-mississippi-video/

"Attorney Stephen Stamboulieh, who helped draft the law, was also miffed by the injunction. He believes that the judge was influenced by pro-gun control lawmakers and advocates.

“Anti-gun politicians. That is the only answer. This is a side show. There is nothing vague about the definition of concealed,” Stamboulieh told local news affiliate WLBT.

Stamboulieh added that the National Rifle Association will likely file a brief seeking to overturn the injunction next week."

So before you go bashing on the "ambulance chaser" maybe you should get you facts correct about this lawyer, he would be one of my top choices for a lawyer to go and get 2a laws changed into our favor.

He also has other lawyers working on this case. He hasn't disclosed who yet. Also is charging a very reduced rate and basically not paying him self, but still has staff, travel expenses, and other lawyers he is working with that he will have to pay. Also sounds like he is filling in multiple states he hasn't disclosed all the info yet because he can't untill he files. That is what the gofundme came from to help cover those cost.

I would love to be able to open carry a G18! vs my G17

As for "machine pistol" comment SMH. From long gun to sub gun to pistol. If it fires more than 1 round with one trigger pull they are ALL considered a machinegun at that point, and machine pistol would just be a category of a machinegun.

I have been following the almost 100 page thread over on ar15 from day one of it. It has been going on for months and he didn't want to start any donation type thing untill he knew he had a case. The fundraising just started a few days ago.

Gun folks can be our own worst enemy we should be banding together and trying to help protect and improve our rights in these matters not bickering about each other.

Ok I will get off my soapbox now so you guys can't get back on it. ;) and that was a pain typing all that from my phone...

JohnC76

Wow you guys here realy do have selective reading skills. And figure a gun forum would be in Suport of some one trying to restore our gun rights getting any rights back is a step in the correct direction.

As for the lawyer he is very pro 2a and actually can also be found here in the Missippi section.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ice-tells-police-to-leave-open-carriers-alone

He helped draft the law to make open carry leagal for crying out loud!

http://www.guns.com/2013/07/01/judge-grants-injunction-blocks-open-carry-in-mississippi-video/

"Attorney Stephen Stamboulieh, who helped draft the law, was also miffed by the injunction. He believes that the judge was influenced by pro-gun control lawmakers and advocates.

“Anti-gun politicians. That is the only answer. This is a side show. There is nothing vague about the definition of concealed,” Stamboulieh told local news affiliate WLBT.

Stamboulieh added that the National Rifle Association will likely file a brief seeking to overturn the injunction next week."

So before you go bashing on the "ambulance chaser" maybe you should get you facts correct about this lawyer, he would be one of my top choices for a lawyer to go and get 2a laws changed into our favor.

He also has other lawyers working on this case. He hasn't disclosed who yet. Also is charging a very reduced rate and basically not paying him self, but still has staff, travel expenses, and other lawyers he is working with that he will have to pay. Also sounds like he is filling in multiple states he hasn't disclosed all the info yet because he can't untill he files. That is what the gofundme came from to help cover those cost.

I would love to be able to open carry a G18! vs my G17

As for "machine pistol" comment SMH. From long gun to sub gun to pistol. If it fires more than 1 round with one trigger pull they are ALL considered a machinegun at that point, and machine pistol would just be a category of a machinegun.

I have been following the almost 100 page thread over on ar15 from day one of it. It has been going on for months and he didn't want to start any donation type thing untill he knew he had a case. The fundraising just started a few days ago.

Gun folks can be our own worst enemy we should be banding together and trying to help protect and improve our rights in these matters not bickering about each other.

Ok I will get off my soapbox now so you guys can't get back on it. ;) and that was a pain typing all that from my phone...

It's like the only reading they did was the forum topic and the OP's post count. LOL :p

You'd think they would have taken the time to read more on the subject and especially since it is a pro-2A fight on a gun forum! :lol:

WalkingWolf

Douva said:
If by "every possibly way" you mean using a crowdfunding site to raise almost half as much money as this guy raised to make a potato salad, then yeah, I guess you've exceeded NFAFA in pretty much every possible way. If, on the other hand, you mean being competent professionals who have experience, connections, and a viable strategy, you're not even close. There is a reason this lawsuit is being bankrolled by a GoFundMe campaign and not by the firearms industry or one of the major gun-rights organizations.

If you want to be taken seriously as activists, stop behaving like petulant children, and start acting like people who deserve to be taken seriously. The fact that you're trying to promote this campaign by making unauthorized posts to other groups' Facebook pages (and then cursing those groups when they delete your posts) rather than by going through the appropriate channels to liaise with those groups and establish a working relationship speaks to just how far out of your depth you are

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/16...for_NFA_trusts__updated_10_14_14.html&page=96

solus

shades of west side story...

Ian brought his friends (?) from the other AR forum to rumble and tumble to substantiate how good Ian & Stephen are...wunderbar!!

y'al are just so precious to stick together like this and yet immediately hurl names at this forum's membership ~ y'al get away with that on your AR forum - bet not, huh?

just still doesn't diminish the facts on why you pushed your solicitation BS out here does it Ian!!

well y'al play nice ya hear...

oh the sentiment is extended to your friends now...

ipse

WalkingWolf

I am still baffled at what they think they will accomplish. Why would anybody donate when it is pushed down the throat of the people they want to donate.

From their own forum a member made it clear they were harassing facebook accounts.

I am very cautious who I give my money to. I will not just hand it out because somebody makes a claim that they will do something. Especially when we don't even know them. If one of our established members had come asking the response would have been different. Plus if there actually had been briefs filed and already in motion, all we have here is a promise from one person. Most of us did not just fall off the turnip truck yesterday.

At least buy the cart, before asking me to pay for the horse...

Lohe

Seriously you guys are unreal. I wasn't going to bother but now for me it's more principle than anything.

Solus
Hurl names? At whom and what names did I hurl?

The OP linked this thread and I read it start to finish and couldn't belive the way a lot of you had reacted to I decided to give some more input in the matter, but obviously you guys are stubborn group and just disregard any actual points made.

The OPs post is A LOT more than just the gofundme he was posting and even bigger thing, fellow Americans are pushing back and trying to get our last gun rights back. See how this thread got posted in the "news and political alerts" section. Donate or not the OP was just trying to help spread the word and awareness of the current ongoings to other like minded gun groups.

walkingwolf

You have some serious prejudgment issues and react radically to them. I hope you don't act this way in your everyday life, if you do you should really step back and take a look at your self. Some one like that carrying a firearm is also a scary thought at how you might prejudge and react I radically to a situation. Let me show you what I am talking about.

First you should go back and Reread you post in this thread you jumped to conclusion that the OP and lawyer was the same person and many more after that.

Then this.

This is more than spambots, I have never seen anything like it. IMO it is somebody urinated off at us trying to shut down the site by overloading the servers.

it is new for me too.
about 280 spam posts by 4 new guys in the last 5 hours.

I made a call to a person that might be indirectly involved. Hopefully he gets on AR15 and tells the party to desist.

I think it is our money grabber from yesterday PO'd because his scheme did not work. He is trying to overload the servers. Grape may have to enlist help from some of the members to quickly delete the posts while he keeps banning the user names.

So you jump to conclusions and actually call the law firm to bitch about spam bot post not even related when this is what really happened and totally not related to this discussion.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?124527-Spam-Attack&p=2099246#post2099246

Also you for some reason pulled that one post from one guy but didn't even bother sharing the lawyers response. More selective reading. Here is also the response.

Originally Posted By NoloContendere:
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Originally Posted By Douva:[/span]
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Originally Posted By Undefined:[/span]

They have resources?
icon_smile_wink.gif

They might have one upped Nolo by a couple of days, but I think we have exceeded NFAFA in pretty much every possible way in just one weekend.

If by "every possibly way" you mean using a crowdfunding site to raise almost half as much money as this guy raised to make a potato salad, then yeah, I guess you've exceeded NFAFA in pretty much every possible way. If, on the other hand, you mean being competent professionals who have experience, connections, and a viable strategy, you're not even close. There is a reason this lawsuit is being bankrolled by a GoFundMe campaign and not by the firearms industry or one of the major gun-rights organizations.

If you want to be taken seriously as activists, stop behaving like petulant children, and start acting like people who [span style='font-style: italic;']deserve[/span] to be taken seriously. The fact that you're trying to promote this campaign by making unauthorized posts to other groups' Facebook pages (and then cursing those groups when they delete your posts) rather than by going through the appropriate channels to liaise with those groups and establish a working relationship speaks to just how far out of your depth you are.

I will address your concerns.

1) I am not posting this outside of AR15.com. I received an angry call from an open carry forum poster/moderator this morning telling me what someone was doing. I do not want people spamming sites with this information and have requested through this thread, that people respect other forums and not spam them.
2) The reason this lawsuit is being funded with gofundme is that those are the tools at my disposal. I do not have large organizations behind this. Yet. But even without those large organizations, we can still make this work.
3) Connections only make a difference so far. This will make sense later on down the road.
4) Other attorneys are involved.
5) Other experts are involved.
6) When we file, the other organizations will either want in, or will wait to see how it plays out and either say "We supported this from the beginning" if we are successful, or "We told him so," if we are not successful.

I have NOT spent a great deal of time fund raising. That was all grass roots. Period. And that right there speaks VOLUMES about what is going on. What I have done is spent a great deal of time working on the pleadings, speaking with attorneys, speaking with experts and generally "working the case." When I have something tangible to show one of these big "groups," they may want in and want to help. We shall see. If not, we continue on. If they want to assist, I'm sure my clients will be interested in hearing that.

So apparently you called pissed of about a bunch of spam bots and blaming it all on the OP of this thread way to jump to more conclusions.

And the reason that guy was so pissed was the same post was made at NFAFA FB page and they are also trying to repel NfA laws by gathering donations then lobbying to Dems, by taking them to machinegun shoots and buying them suppresses in hopes they will like it so much and change there mind and chnage the laws. Well this group just started up 2 days before Nolo(the lawyer) started the gofundme page so they are upset because they are both trying get the same laws changed.
Here is the group if you would rather contribute to them ;)
http://www.nfafa.org

So what have you done to help support the 2nd amendment. Besides call out a pro 2a lawyer and falsely accuse them of spam bots on this forum.

I seriously gots stop posting this from my phone it's a real PITA

Anyways the entire point of the OP posting this info his to help spread the word of what's happening in the legal world it's not just about the donation part but more letting the gun community know what's happening. Hence why it's posted in the news sub forum

Last edited:

Lohe

This site has done really well with the mods and administrators it has. Most sites cannot plan for a attack like this one, this is not the usual spamming. This is one angry person, or several angry persons. Until they decide to take their anger back to facebook attacks they will just keep creating new SN's. The site could ban their IP's but most of these jerks use software to hide their IP.

Just be patient, some other site will PO them, and they will go bother them instead of us. I have a good guess who is doing it, but have no proof. Just the timing of it, and a member from the other gun site scolding his fellow members for it.

Honestly I do not see what they are going to accomplish by acting like spoiled children because others will not jump on their bandwagon.

The only permanent option I can see, I doubt the staff wants to do that, is to create a sub forum for long standing members. When the attacks come then we can completely avoid them. This has worked on other sites, the main subforums still remain active as that is where most members are. But when a problem arises it allows the flow to continue until the spammer gets bored and moves on.

Seriously why do you think its people from another forum?

Never mind it's not even worth debating you obviously have come to this conclusion with no facts and dead set you are correct.

1245A Defender

Wowwie!!!

Seriously why do you think its people from another forum?

Never mind it's not even worth debating you obviously have come to this conclusion with no facts and dead set you are correct.

Seriously???? YOU are! people from another forum!!!

You're coming here and acting out the way you have shows Proof and reason to suspect,,, well,,, You...

Lohe

Seriously???? YOU are! people from another forum!!!

You're coming here and acting out the way you have shows Proof and reason to suspect,,, well,,, You...

Yes I post on other forums.

No I am not a spam bot generating mast walls of incoherent text and spamming multiple threads on this site.

And exactly how am I acting out? Haven't called any one names just posted actual facts instead of jumping to conclusions like you have with 0 proof for that matter. Every thing I have posted have been actual facts.

Trust me I have held back a lot of choice words I would use for a person like you. But it's pointless you seem to almost be anti gun.

What have you done to Suport the 2nd amendment? because that's why the OP posted this. I don't care if you aren't going to donate but at least you could show Suport for the cause of people trying to restore our gun rights.

You are either all for supporting the 2nd
Or
Against it.

No middle ground which is it for you?

I personal am for it and will get behind any one trying to further improve are degraded gun rights.

Lohe

Just because I might disagree with some one why would I then try to harm that forum?
1 that's just childish
2 it's a gun form and I am pro gun so I wouldn't want to harm a forum of that aspect
3 spam bots are common issues with any type of public forum. Local private car club forum had the same issues.

Last edited:

Lyndsy Simon

For what it's worth, I vouch for the attorney who is organizing this effort.

As for the spam - to be honest, that's a little silly to me. It's extremely unlikely to have come from someone with an axe to grind. The posts are all links to black-hat SEO sites. I have a lot of experience in the SEO arena, and this is highly characteristic. It's not an attack, it's a blind script trying to get some cracker's sites to show up in Google.

twoskinsonemanns

Please sticky this topic admins!

I am not affiliated with any of the below I am simply posting it for members of the forum to read and follow. I am a FFl in Missouri and have been watching this challenge. I come on here often and read about Missouri laws and legislation often however I set up an account recently as ceryian topics on here with recent Missouri legislation interested me enough to do so. I am not here to advertise my business or ask for anything. If you are interested in these suits follow the links below, the attorney's letter and read about lawsuits and those involved.
-snipped-

Thanks for the info MWS. I will take a look at it. A buddy of mine is an FFL and also has been working with some people (Heller group is one)to make a move similar to this one.

Don't get bogged down with the negativity on here. Unfortunately it's our nature. "Piss on your rights as long as those I find important are spared". Then they get angry when CCers don't care about OC rights lol

solus

twoskinsonemanns, other new comers, one and all...

please realize IAN, the OP, significantly changed his initial post AFTER the first round of OCDO membership posters pointed out his initial post without preamble or any type of "oh by the way" here is an interesting concept etc. Ian for all intents and purposes looked like he was the attorney soliciting funds, and he ONLY posted this article which by the way was from a LG forum, to solicit funds for about some vague Machine Gun regulation someone in MS has an itch and felt needed changing.

Ian changed the tenor of his initial post as well as included other information then Ian lost his cool and started jumping up and down like a child have a temper tantrum, then out of the blue ~ along came other brand new and without preamble ~ oh this attorney is the cat's meow...he has done all this kool stuff and so forth...accolades galore without even the slightest of hint(s) for any type of CITE of the great 2A accomplishment(s) Stephen has accomplished in his short tenure as an attorney...

Now I am sure everything is legit, but y'al might wish to re-watch the STING or better yet review how well Bernie did with solicited funds...

so instead of praising Stephen, how bout provide some cites from his 2A accomplishments (NRA collaboration cites also) so this forum's august membership can ascertain for themselves what a great judicial advocate the attorney is!!

lohe as for name calling y'al new folk start off immediately stating we lack reading comprehension (quote Wow you guys here realy (sic) do have selective reading skills.)
...like I said, nice of y'al to say hello and with that kind of intro then an immediate posture to support someone soliciting...naw'lll ...

IAN, if you do not wish my 'opinion' then why should I (we) listen to yours? you immediately postured like a child with their hand in the cookie jar, your misrepresented your association with Stephen and so forth...again, if he is so great provide some cites instead of saying while waving your hands...he's great, truly great, since buns for hot dogs...he did that too.

ipse