• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Changing the Suppressor law

holepoker

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
holepoker wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:

Go away unless you really do know something about the subject.
I think you said it best. You have nothing to add to this thread, so find a different thread to share your "opinion". Just my opinion.
So what is your qualifications to be making that statement. Other than being arrogant.

What sort of qualifications do I need to express my opinion about you following your own advise? I do not need to be arrogant to see that once again you seem to be stepping out of your lane of knowledge. You have admitted to have no experiencewith suppressors.

If by qualifications you mean do I own them, yes I own two. Also working on numbers three and four.

Bear 45/70

imported post

holepoker wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
holepoker wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:

Go away unless you really do know something about the subject.
I think you said it best. You have nothing to add to this thread, so find a different thread to share your "opinion". Just my opinion.
So what is your qualifications to be making that statement. Other than being arrogant.

What sort of qualifications do I need to express my opinion about you following your own advise? I do not need to be arrogant to see that once again you seem to be stepping out of your lane of knowledge. You have admitted to have no experiencewith suppressors.

If by qualifications you mean do I own them, yes I own two. Also working on numbers three and four.
Oh, I see you are an opinion bigot. You get to express your opinion, but I have to shut up and go away because I disagree. Yep, real right thinking there on your part. NOT! Owning them does not make you anything other than an owner.

bluer1

imported post

Hey! I've got an idea! Remember that thing we were talking about before? That petition thing? Anyone?

We all know Bear has effectively picked a fight with everyone on this forum, and no-one cares what each other thinks, etc, etc. Can we move on now?

Bear 45/70

imported post

bluer1 wrote:
Hey! I've got an idea! Remember that thing we were talking about before? That petition thing? Anyone?

We all know Bear has effectively picked a fight with everyone on this forum, and no-one cares what each other thinks, etc, etc. Can we move on now?
Well, that would be a lie. But since you started the fight, why don't we start a petition against bigots like you that don't want anyone with a different opinion around?

holepoker

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
You would fall into the moron class if what I say puts your panties in a bunch.... The more you bad mouth me for telling the truth, the dumber you sound. All the little people sound just like you. "I'm so smart and you are so dumb." You should use it as youmotto.
Again, try to follow your own advice.

Bear 45/70

imported post

holepoker wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
You would fall into the moron class if what I say puts your panties in a bunch.... The more you bad mouth me for telling the truth, the dumber you sound. All the little people sound just like you. "I'm so smart and you are so dumb." You should use it as youmotto.
Again, try to follow your own advice.
Real nice piece of editing to change the meaning. Just like all you morons and lets cheat to get our way.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Bear, You and I called a truce awhile back, and we both have honored it with each other. BUT, I am going to break that truce. You are out of line, and out of contact with reason. You are making assumptions based on your personal predjudices and this is not acceptable. Call me what you want, as you probably will, flame me anyway you can and then look back at what has been said, take a deep breath, collect your thoughts (both of them) and at least try to understand tht there are other people that have experience as well. Might be that their experience has more weight than yours. But according to you that would make them morons, imbeciles contrary, senile without forgiveness and merit. Most people complain the loudest about the characteristics they themselves have and dislike. LOOK IN THE MIRRORmy friend you might be surprised at what you see.

Fred, I say these things in a manner of friendship. please take them that way.

Jim

Bear 45/70

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
Bear, You and I called a truce awhile back, and we both have honored it with each other. BUT, I am going to break that truce. You are out of line, and out of contact with reason. You are making assumptions based on your personal predjudices and this is not acceptable. Call me what you want, as you probably will, flame me anyway you can and then look back at what has been said, take a deep breath, collect your thoughts (both of them) and at least try to understand tht there are other people that have experience as well. Might be that their experience has more weight than yours. But according to you that would make them morons, imbeciles contrary, senile without forgiveness and merit. Most people complain the loudest about the characteristics they themselves have and dislike. LOOK IN THE MIRRORmy friend you might be surprised at what you see.

Jim
So you are saying I can't have my opinion too? I think not. Opinion is just that and does not have to be based on anythingthat you choose to do so. Why do you guys all think an opinion is fact based? I'm disappointed, I thought you were sharper than this.

MetalChris

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:

Jim
So you are saying I can't have my opinion too? I think not. Opinion is just that and does not have to be based on anythingthat you choose to do so. Why do you guys all think an opinion is fact based? I'm disappointed, I thought you were sharper than this.
That is exactly what everyone is saying, Bear. Everyone here is allowed to have an opinion, you being the exception. :uhoh:

thebastidge

2519 E Fourth Plain Blvd, Vancouver Washington, US
imported post

"Why do you guys all think an opinion is fact based?"

Because if it is not based on fact it is based upon nothing, and is a complete waste fo time. An opinion not based on fact is more commonly known as "bullsh!t" or "stupidity" or "a man talking out of his @ss".

For example, when challenged on your (self-admittedly!) baseless opinions by some one who actually does have experience with suppressors earlier in the thread, a reasonable (not to mention gracious) man would have said, "ah, I bow to your superior experience," not challenged him on his qualifications and then ignored them when he pointed out that he did, indeed have expereince where you claim none.

So, no, opinion is not all automatically equal, and while under the law you have the right to say anything you wish, no matter how ignorant, that does not mean anyone else is required to respect your opinion, agree with it, or allow it on their private property: which includes this forum and the moderators thereof. Since this is a voluntary community, we should all be policing ourselves, our attitudes, and our language, but we also have the right and responsibilityto criticize each other's positions and statements, as long as it is within the guidelines our hosts set up.

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Well, that would be a lie. But since you started the fight, why don't we start a petition against bigots like you that don't want anyone with a different opinion around?

Because the forum doesn't allow polls and petitions about whether a member is a bigot, stupid, unreasonable, retarded, or "other". Don't complain Bear, you have benefited from this policy.

As to "opinions" EVERYONE is allowed to have them. The problem for some (and particularly you) seems to be expressing those opinions in an adult manner without resorting to insults and name calling.

To throw your own statements right back at you, why do you demand to be able to freely express your thoughts yet attack those who express theirs?

Anytime someone dares question you, you start whining like a little b!itch "Cheater, cheater! wahhhhh...."

thebastidge

2519 E Fourth Plain Blvd, Vancouver Washington, US
imported post

Bigotry is not a term that applies to Bear's behaviour or opinions on this forum as far as I have seen.

He has repeatedlyincorrectly applied the term to others, and many others have also incorrectly applied the term.

Bigotry does not apply to behaviour, like carrying a firearm or expressing an opinion. Bigotryis based upon innate characteristics.

Bigotry often implies hypocrisy in that the individuals singled out as the object of bigotry may display a better example of the speaker's stated ideals than the speaker himself.

So don't confuse Bear's incoherent hypocrisy for bigotry. It's inaccurate.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Bear, I completely support your right to express an opinion whether it is right or wrong. What I do not support is the juvenilename calling and responses when yur opinions are refuted by someone else. The problem is not what you say, but the way you say it.

The end

Agent 47

imported post

I can't think of a single reason not to own a silencer. They are fun as hell to shoot with and easy to get. After several years of working at a gunshop and consequently owning almost every gun I could want I was almost ready to drop shooting as a hobby out of sheer apathy with one gun being the same as the next before the discovery of silencer shooting re-awakened my passion for the sport. nothing beats a .45acp with the recoil of a .22 and the noise of a paintball gun to brighten your day. listening to the vrrrrrp........thwok noise the bullet makes and the sound of the action all while hearing your buddy talking beside you because neither of you are wearing any ear-protection is an experience no shooter should be without.