• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlotte Area OC Meet, Greet, and Event Discussion, 1st of ea. month

ArmySoldier22

Arrived at 1425 but couldn't find the group... :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

We had just sat down at about 14:20, we were in the far right side of the restaurant in a corner. We waited outside until about 15 after, but I'd gotten there half an hour early to see if anybody else showed up early, so we went to sit down after that. We were keeping an eye open for everybody while we were sitting at the table, but I guess we missed seeing you.

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
We had just sat down at about 14:20, we were in the far right side of the restaurant in a corner. We waited outside until about 15 after, but I'd gotten there half an hour early to see if anybody else showed up early, so we went to sit down after that. We were keeping an eye open for everybody while we were sitting at the table, but I guess we missed seeing you.

I'm sorry we missed everyone! next time I will give you my cell number so we can text each other.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

sigarmsguy

What are we doing in June? I don't want to miss another one. Every time the wife and I think we're going to make it, something comes up.
Just tell me when and where and I'll be there. Nothing standing in my way this time.

ArmySoldier22

I work almost everyday, and it's getting rarer and rarer for me to have a weekend off, so I haven't been able to set anything up lately. But if somebody else wants to take over with getting something going, just post a time and place. Otherwise, I'll try to figure out if I'm going to have any Saturdays or Sundays off this month. I'd like to get some range time in as well.

ArmySoldier22

Is there one planned for July 1st? :)

Not that I know of. I've been working everyday, so I haven't been able to put anything together. I do get off at 4pm on Sunday, but with it being so damn hot and me having a motorcycle, I probably won't be going anywhere lol. If you guys want to have one here in Concord around 6, I could do that though. Maybe here at the Golden Corral or if anybody knows of anyplace else around here.

xmilitary

new to OCing in charlotte

Hey all I jus moved here to charlotte area and my wife and I are going to start open carrying on a daily basis is there any meets coming up?

carolina guy

How about either the 1st (Wednesday) or the 4th or 5th of August?

How does Golden Corral or Steak and Shake in Concord sound for August?

Last edited:

nuc65

Activist Member
I'll apologize in advance for intruding. I am going to be in Charlotte for a week, next week (5th - 11th). I am looking for experiences and advice and my attempt at a search failed to turn up relevant info. I OC in VA (yes I have a CC but only exercise the privilege occasionally, preferring to exercise my right). Are there places to be more careful than others? I know (think) there is a law for avoiding gatherings and a couple of other differences between VA and NC. I would be interesting in meeting for a dinner if you all do such a thing perhaps on Tuesday or Wednesday. I will be at the Westin and I am not very familiar with Charlotte so hopefully not too far from there.

sigarmsguy

I'd be down for Saturday at either place, but I can't do it before then. Payday is Friday. I would love a good reason to drag my wife to Concord for the day.

sigarmsguy

I stand corrected. Payday is next Friday. Anybody down for the 11th? Maybe late afternoon? My wife is working until about 1400, I think.

ArmySoldier22

So it looks like after the end of this month, my schedule will be freeing up on the weekends again. I noticed that some people had some issues getting one going since the last one we had set up, so I'll try to get back into having one on a certain day of each month again like it used to be.

Current plan:

Date/Time: 02SEP12 - 4pm.

If this schedule works for you and you want to meet up, just post a reply so we can get a headcount.
If it doesn't work for you, and it happens that most people find this a bad time/day, then we can reschedule to something better.

Last edited:

sigarmsguy

so it looks like after the end of this month, my schedule will be freeing up on the weekends again. I noticed that some people had some issues getting one going since the last one we had set up, so i'll try to get back into having one on a certain day of each month again like it used to be.

Current plan:

Date/time: 02aug12 - 4pm.

if this schedule works for you and you want to meet up, just post a reply so we can get a headcount.
If it doesn't work for you, and it happens that most people find this a bad time/day, then we can reschedule to something better.

02sep12?