• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlotte Area OC Meet, Greet, and Event Discussion, 1st of ea. month

ArmySoldier22

Definitely do whatever option you're comfortable with. I don't have a CHP, but I can't hop off my bike and unload everytime I go through a school zone. Especially near where I live. I pass through half a dozen school zones wherever I go. So I'll still be carrying. But thanks for posting that info, I didn't realize that. I'll atleast be a little more careful.

ArmySoldier22

If anyone is interested in having this gathering cross-posted on the Triangle OC meetup, drop me a reply with the details and I'll get you setup.

Sure, don't know if anybody would be willing to come out this way for the meet, but we'd definitely like to see some more people if they can. I'm pretty sure LCK posted in the SC forums too so we can try to get some neighbors from the south to come up. He's a little indisposed right now, but when he comes back on he should be able to update Pg. 1 with the info as well. But this is what the plan is:

February 4th: 2pm

Golden Corral
9430 South Blvd
Charlotte, NC

It's starting to look like we're gonna have a meet with more than 2 people :p lol

Last edited:

Large Caliber Kick

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
Sure, don't know if anybody would be willing to come out this way for the meet, but we'd definitely like to see some more people if they can. I'm pretty sure LCK posted in the SC forums too so we can try to get some neighbors from the south to come up. He's a little indisposed right now, but when he comes back on he should be able to update Pg. 1 with the info as well. But this is what the plan is:

February 4th: 2pm

Golden Corral
9430 South Blvd
Charlotte, NC

It's starting to look like we're gonna have a meet with more than 2 people :p lol

Just because I'm in the hospital doesn't mean my fingers are broke. I'll update post #1 and drop a thread in SC immediatly. If I'm still here when it's time for the meet, I'll put in a request for a day pass.

update: The details for this meet have now been posted in the SC forum.

Last edited:

Large Caliber Kick

If anyone is interested in having this gathering cross-posted on the Triangle OC meetup, drop me a reply with the details and I'll get you setup.

Glockaholic that would be great. The more the merrier I say. I'll be trying to make it to one of the Triangle meets myself one of these days and eventually I think it would be neat to take a field trip to Champs in Richmond VA kind of like a pilgramage to the 'holy land' you might say.

carsontech

Activist Member
Definitely do whatever option you're comfortable with. I don't have a CHP, but I can't hop off my bike and unload everytime I go through a school zone. Especially near where I live. I pass through half a dozen school zones wherever I go. So I'll still be carrying. But thanks for posting that info, I didn't realize that. I'll atleast be a little more careful.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Why would anyone want to unload when passing through a school zone, is there some kind of special requirement (don't answer that)? I have no knowledge of such a thing. :eek:

Why would an entity want to make you fiddle with your firearm more than is necessary? That sounds like a way to increase the odds of having a ND.

I believe a firearm should only be handled, or taken out of a holster, to be fired, cleaned, or to be placed off the body to sleep or take a shower.

Go back and check my posts... lol

:monkey

Last edited:

drew9

I will probably be dragging my wife out too, if there are no objections. She doesnt carry but we both like golden corral lol.

carsontech

Activist Member
One of the people that showed up for the december 3rd meet was carrying in a drop leg holster and it didn't seem to attract any extra attention. I say go for it.

Good to hear.

I'll be bringing copies of some "Roll Call Training", which educates law enforcement agencies about open carry. It was passed out to NC law enforcement agencies sometime around May 2009 and was put together by SR&S Attorneys (Smith, Rodgers, & Strickland, PLLC). This would be just in-case some misinformed po-po want to crash our party. It covers open carry and the silly "Going Armed to the Terror of the People" state law:

http://www.policehelp.net/pubs/2009/qv8n11.pdf

Last edited:

ArmySoldier22

I have no idea what you are talking about. Why would anyone want to unload when passing through a school zone, is there some kind of special requirement (don't answer that)? I have no knowledge of such a thing. :eek:

Why would an entity want to make you fiddle with your firearm more than is necessary? That sounds like a way to increase the odds of having a ND.

I believe a firearm should only be handled, or taken out of a holster, to be fired, cleaned, or to be placed off the body to sleep or take a shower.

Go back and check my posts... lol

:monkey

Lol, nice edits. Gun free zone???? Is that where they give away free guns? Well point me towards the nearest one!

ArmySoldier22

No objections Drew, everyone is welcome carrying or not. We are after all going to a "family restaurant". (I hope the manager doesn't drag that old line out when we arrive)

I sure hope not, because there's a Golden Corral a mile from me that's a good restaurant and I've carried in there a bunch of times. I'm gonna be agitated if I go all the way down there and we get kicked out lol.

carsontech

Activist Member
I sure hope not, because there's a Golden Corral a mile from me that's a good restaurant and I've carried in there a bunch of times. I'm gonna be agitated if I go all the way down there and we get kicked out lol.

Backup plan if it comes to it... come to my house, cookout in my front yard, have tons of open carriers in my front yard in a crowded neighborhood, in a state where open carry is illegal except on private property or when hunting/fishing...

lol

Last edited:

Large Caliber Kick

Backup plan if it comes to it... come to my house, cookout in my front yard, have tons of open carriers in my front yard in a crowded neighborhood, in a state where open carry is illegal except on private property or when hunting/fishing...

lol

Now that's the best backup plan I've ever heard. Matter of fact, I think sometime this spring/summer it would be a great primary plan. You can bet I'd be there!

ArmySoldier22

This is looking pretty good so far. Might end up being the biggest meet we've had out here yet.

If you all wouldn't mind, could you either send me or Large Caliber Kick a pm so we can add you to the RSVP list. I'm going to try to get down there a little early to secure us all some seats, and it would make things a lot easier if I know how many people are going to be there. With it being Saturday about lunch time, you know there's gonna be a lot of people. Thanks in advance everybody

Last edited:

ArmySoldier22

RSVPs so far:
LargeCaliberKick - 1
carsontech - 3
drew9 - 2
sigarmsguy - 1 "possible +1"
JDriver1.8t - 1 "possible +1"
ArmySoldier22 - 1
Justifiable - 1
papa bear - "possible 1"

Anybody else? Up to about a dozen so far!

Last edited: